• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

LiK

TvsC Chun Li > SFIV Chun Li

smbzw6.jpg

Chunli_sf4.png

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Teknopathetic said:
"Looks stiff and lame.
Need video to judge."

How do screenshots make a game look stiff besides the obvious NO MOTION thing?
Just the way they look. It's an asthetic thing.

I didn't think they SFIV shots made them look stiff.
I think it's just a 3D Ryu in a fireball post in midair. Looks weird.

TreIII

CoilShot said:
LiK said:
PS3 version please cuz if this doesn't get localized due to licensing issues, i can import it region free~!!!

So true!

What kind of fighting game fans are you, to not have a modded/JP PS2, so you can keep getting this kind of goodness, no matter what? :lol

Man, this looks great. And thinking about the Capcom characters since MvC2 that could show up, as well as all the Tatsunoko anime that could make an appearance...wow!

I mean, Viewtiful Joe vs. Casshern! zowowowowow

Gene from God Hand, Killer7 (Garcian with the others as assist characters, lolz), BOFDQ's Ryu with dragon transformation, Amaterasu with brush attacks, Samurai Pizza Cats vs. Zack & Wiki, Nurse Witch Komugi-chan, Phoenix Wright as an OBJECTION!! assist character, RE4's Leon in full self-parody mode, oh my god where are my sedatives

I'm getting a heavy Naomi/Dreamcast vibe from this, and I like it.

SFIV is redundant.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What the hell is everyone's problem?

Both SFIV and this looks amazing!

Yeah, I'm getting fucking sick and tired of all this IV bashing.

Everyone that has played it at loke tests says it's fucking great.

Get it through your goddamn skulls.

Tenbatsu

dallow_bg said:
Just the way they look. It's an asthetic thing.

I didn't think they SFIV shots made them look stiff.
I think it's just a 3D Ryu in a fireball post in midair. Looks weird.
It look stiff as the characters are low poly models(using last gen hardware PS2/Wii) compare to SF4. But in terms of art direction and style, SF4 cant match.

LiK

TreIII said:
What kind of fighting game fans are you, to not have a modded/JP PS2, so you can keep getting this kind of goodness, no matter what? :lol

me wants this in HD as well ;_;

Delio

TreIII said:
Seems likely to me...again, while the art style looks great, the models don't look THAT impressive. Plus CapGOD wants to make sure this game could be in the hands of as many fanboys as possible.

Who knows? Maybe they might even try that whole "Easy Operation!" thing, and make a quick-n-dirty Wii port, too. And people won't care, as long as they can do the "OMG! HUGE BEAMS OF DEATH!" things that they expect in a Versus Capcom game. :lol :lol

Well the Wii does have that Arcade pad. Might be a wise choice to port it.

"Yeah, I'm getting fucking sick and tired of all this IV bashing.

Get it through your goddamn skulls."

Nobody's bashing SF4's gameplay as maybe 3 frequently posting GAFfers have possibly played it.

Chill.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Tenbatsu said:
It look stiff as the characters are low poly models(using last gen hardware PS2/Wii) compare to SF4. But in terms of art direction and style, SF4 cant match.
You're probably right.

Why are they on using last gen hardware?

Tenbatsu

dallow_bg said:
You're probably right.

Its cheaper to make? And they can make it faster? Can be port to the PS2 and Wii? Btw this game is releasing Winter 2008 in arcade in Japan.

TreIII

The-Switcher said:
Yeah, I'm getting fucking sick and tired of all this IV bashing.

Get it through your goddamn skulls.

Not everyone...

I maintain talks with a lot of people who played the game in Japan, and they not only disliked the game, but a number of the old SF-heads in Japan that they keep tabs on hated the game as well.

So, don't get it twisted. There are a good number of people who actually played the game, and hated it just the same after giving it a fair shake.

But whatever, this isn't a SF4 topic, so I say we just drop it before the SF4DF crew truly gets antsy...

duckroll

dallow_bg said:
You're probably right.

So arcades can actually afford to buy more cabs. :p

And yes, drop the SF4 butthurt crap, people are just comparing the art and graphics, not the gameplay. :p

Fuck HD, bring this to PS2 Capcom I'll pay you good money for it.

haunts said:
typical gaf overreaction. this game looks pretty lame imo.

give me a VS game using the SFIV engine.

Lame? It looks awesome! Gattchaman and possibly Gawl in a Capcom vs game?! Sure, it's no SFIV but hey PS2 port fo me!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Tenbatsu said:
Its cheaper to make? And they can make it faster? Can be port to the PS2 and Wii? Btw this game is releasing Winter 2008 in arcade in Japan.
I s'pose.

I was hoping for a nice 2D HD game, but alas.
I'll import though eventually.

TreIII

Tenbatsu said:
Its cheaper to make? And they can make it faster? Can be port to the PS2 and Wii?

duckroll said:
So arcades can actually afford to buy more cabs. :p

Pretty much.

This game, much like the various Marvel games before it, looks to be a game that was developed on a budget, a short development and probably wasn't play-tested all that well, but the sheer otaku/fanboy love fest will make sure that this game sells well, and more than vindicate Capcom's choice to make it cheap.

All I know is that I'm GLAD that it's seemingly all new models in the mix. No re-usage of Xmen/Marvel sprites would at least imply that the tier list would have to start from scratch, not start off with the likes of Storm, Dr. Doom and Thanos being top tier, because they were largely unchanged from the first games they appeared in.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Not trying to troll, trust me, but what are the chances that this will get a PS3/360-release? Higher than PS2?

CoilShot

TreIII said:

I have a ps2 that I can play PS2 Jap games but I rather have it on my HDTV with my PS3. I dont have my PS2 hooked up with my HDTV.

LiK

duckroll said:
And yes, drop the SF4 butthurt crap, people are just comparing the art and graphics, not the gameplay. :p

exactly, we're merely comparing the art style alone. nothing more. i would love to see this game in action tho!

TreIII

abstract alien said:
who is developing this?

No word yet. Wouldn't be surprised if it was Dimps again, though, this looks like something that their Rumble Fish team could cook up with Capcom's supervision.

Seiken said:
Not trying to troll, trust me, but what are the chances that this will get a PS3/360-release? Higher than PS2?

...Not likely, judging by the graphical quality of this game. Be prepared for a PS2 port at the least, Wii+PS2 simul-port at the most.

Looks okay. Pretty frustrated about them using Tasunoko though. Lame. Give us MvC3 or something and enjoy your millions of sales Capcom.

LiK

TreIII said:
...Not likely, judging by the graphical quality of this game. Be prepared for a PS2 port at the least, Wii+PS2 simul-port at the most.

well, if this comes out for the Wii in Japan only, i can get Freeloader for it ^.^

Dark FaZe said:
Looks okay. Pretty frustrated about them using Tasunoko though. Lame. Give us MvC3 or something and enjoy your millions of sales Capcom.
Sure, just pay up the licensing fees for every character in the Marvel Universe.

TreIII

Dark FaZe said:

Well, let's be honest, they're clearly not thinking about the West when it came to this game. That's why they asked for the Tatsunoko brand in the first place. It's meant to be an Otaku circle jerk of Capcom's finest and Tatsunoko's bad-asses, and also be a game that has next to nothing's worth of a shot of being released over here.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
You people are blind if you say this looks better than SFIV. I dont even want to have this conversation.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Art style looks good, the art and graphics in SF IV are WAY better (and Im not gonna compare the illustrations, cause wtf do those have to do with how the game looks...)

In any case, this game's style matches its graphics perfectly, a wise choice.

Top Bottom