• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Dascu said:
Enjoy Dash Kappei, once you get it working. Region-lock issues or something?

Kinda.
I had my Wii with 3.2 firmware and HBC installed.
But then It came back from repair with 3.4 installed, when there was no workaround yet so I ended up not ordering TvC. When the fix for 3.4 HBC became available I fired up the Play-Asia's webpage for TvC to bite the bullet and, even if a bit shocked by the price, I went ahead and bought the game. Lucky me, a couple of days later my Wii's cursor movement was dead (again), so I had to send the console to Nintendo (again).
I'm now waiting for a new console from NOE Italy, hopefully before friday I'll be all set.

AgentOtaku said:
Hey i'm famous!

You sure are!
No rly, I always remember you 'cause of the avatar :)

Dash Kappei said:
Kinda.
I had my Wii with 3.2 firmware and HBC installed.
But then It came back from repair with 3.4 installed, when there was no workaround yet so I ended up not ordering TvC. When the fix for 3.4 HBC became available I fired up the Play-Asia's webpage for TvC to bite the bullet and, even if a bit shocked by the price, I went ahead and bought the game. Lucky me, a couple of days later my Wii's cursor movement was dead (again), so I had to send the console to Nintendo (again).
I'm now waiting for a new console from NOE Italy, hopefully before friday I'll be all set.
Just in time to have FW 3.5 :)

abstract alien said:
Is there any point in NOT picking ryu? Every vid i see of someone winning always has him...hell even the loser has him.

I've found the Morrigan/Polymar combination to be totally beastly and obviously I love Ryu. But I've had the most success with that.

flamesofchaos said:
Tatsunoko vs capcom arcade motherboard
Take A Look Inside
It's A Wii In A Box

I'm pretty sure Namco also have a Wii-based arcade board now. In fact, Capcom use Namco boards quite a bit, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is Namco's Wii board.

I've been playing the piss out of the arcade mode. Yami's last form is a bit of a bitch. Most of the time, he can be a push over, but his grab super in his last form is a prick because some characters have crappy super jumps and when you do get it, you lose half your life.

I really like using Saki for some reason. She's a fun little keep-away character.

Yes Boss!

I'm absolutely new to this game and I'm trying to set up my buttons for my HRAP. Anybody know the official arcade button layout for A, B, C, and P?

So, I'm assuming on a PS2 stick I'd make:

Square = Light (A)
Triangle = Medium (B)
R1 = Hard (C)
X = Tag (P)

Is that the correct way where the attacks drape the top and then you use your thumb for tags?

screenshot_01-2.jpg

Tenbatsu

Yes Boss! said:
I'm absolutely new to this game and I'm trying to set up my buttons for my HRAP. Anybody know the official arcade button layout for A, B, C, and P?

So, I'm assuming on a PS2 stick I'd make:

Square = Light (A)
Triangle = Medium (B)
R1 = Hard (C)
X = Tag (P)

Is that the correct way where the attacks drape the top and then you use your thumb for tags?

screenshot_01-2.jpg
Ding Ding Ding!

DataBot

When this game comes in U.S. and Euroland with no wifi matchmaking its a no buy.
Come on its 2009 wifi matchmaking is no big deal its a must Capcom you can do it...

DihcarEM

I'll be getting this in a week's time, traded my x360 for my brother's wii.
If someone could answer this question for me. How can i make this wii game look it's best?
I have a HD tv, was thinking about buying the official component cables from Nintendo,
or is VGA the way to go?

DihcarEM said:
I'll be getting this in a week's time, traded my x360 for my brother's wii.
If someone could answer this question for me. How can i make this wii game look it's best?
I have a HD tv, was thinking about buying the official component cables from Nintendo,
or is VGA the way to go?

probably VGA, I had components and played on my 52" HDTV and it made me cry with jaggies.

Dash Kappei

JAGGIES!

Game's full of 'em, I actually cut myself yesterday while playing.

Now for some help:

1) I can't understand how to use the Gamecube Controller!
Any help, the VS 2p selection wont appear as selectable even if I turn-on my Wavebird.

2) Please for the love of god tell me there are other tunes, original anime or even rearranged would be good, to be unlocked besides the ones you hear while playing at first?
Because they're fuck-awful MIDI-like rendition of the original anime tunes for the Tatsunoko side, and they make my ears bleed :-/

3) The wiimote controls are good for my super newbie buddies but why only 2 buttons work?
Anybody knows exactly how does this control method works?

4) I love this game, its graphical style, the animation, everything, I was just expecting better stages, aside a couple ones they're all so poor damn it :-/

-PXG-

Two questions:

1) Is there any new info on whether or not this is coming to the US?
2) Is there going to be a new version of the Wii Freeloader (since I updated to 3.4)?

Tenbatsu

Dash Kappei said:
4) I love this game, its graphical style, the animation, everything, I was just expecting better stages, aside a couple ones they're all so poor damn it :-/
What! Those stages are classic anime stages!

Dash Kappei

Gaimeguy said:
The hell? The OST is awesome!

Mind, I've just started playing and I haven't unlocked anything at all.
What I heard so far made me cringe though, MIDI poor renditions of the anime osts are the worst offenders here.

Tenbatsu said:
What! Those stages are classic anime stages!

Only Kyashan (Casshern for you guys?) daytime is kinda nice, if there weren't all those jaggies I would say great. The version were there are flames all around is a bit laughable though ;-)
The other default ones are a disappointement so far, graphically wise and in terms of visual flair and stuff happening on screen. Also, there's no interaction whatsoever... although I've read on a certain stage you actually destroy walls and such and the characters will fall down a level?

DihcarEM said:
Are you playing on a HD tv? With component cables or vga?

Yes, I've played the game both on my Panny PX80 (720p) and PZ85 (1080p) via official component cables. I don't see why it would make a difference with a non-official VGA cable, it's the game's "fault". SMBBrawl and Galaxy have them as well, although less prominently.
Metroid Prime 3 looks super smooth in comparison to TvsC.
If you play the game on a SD TV in 480i/480p it'll look better (jaggies-wise), that I'm sure, but again I'm saying that in this game the jaggies are especially bad.

That said, as an overall package the game looks very good, especially for the characters and special effects, and I love the artstyle: I like it a lot more than SFIV (which would've been fantastic if done exactly like the famous "ink-teaser trailer").

Gameplay kicks ass and its best feature is the is as much fun for me than it is for whoever came by my place and picked up the wiimote just to play again with a fighter for the first time ever since SFII... and it looks it can be awesome on a competitive level too (see Daigo's&Co youtube's exploits).

Btw, anyone's up to help me here?
1) I can't understand how to use the Gamecube Controller!
VS 2p selection wont appear as selectable even if I turn-on my Wavebird.

2) Are there other tunes as unlockables?

3) Do you know how the sideways-Wiimote controls works?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I thought the music is a throwback to the vs era - they're meant to be synth but with blazing energy.

And the backgrounds are fine. =/

Dash Kappei

Ookami-kun said:
I thought the music is a throwback to the vs era - they're meant to be synth but with blazing energy.

And the backgrounds are fine. =/

Well, it's hard to appreciate that midi shit considering how I grew up as a kid listening to Kyashan's orchestral opening...

As for the backgrounds, well to each his own.

But guys, how is it possible nobody can answer even one of my questions? Pretty please? :)

Dash Kappei

Ookami-kun said:
Just think to how people reacted first on the midi'd SF themes in Xmen vs SF :3

OT:

I've never had the pleasure to play the game, I sold my Saturn after year 1 of having a jap PSX :-/ That's my biggest regret in gaming, never skipped a major console before... aside the fact I've never had a NES or a Gameboy :O
Yep, that's right I was deep in computer gaming back then
(Videopac->Vic20->C64->Amiga/Megadrive/Super Famicom/Neo-Geo->Saturn(sold shortly after)->PC/PSX/N64(sold after Turok2)->Dreamcast->Ps2/Gamecube/PC/Xbox(this one I've bought, sold, rebought and then resold, lol the worst console I've ever had gaming-wise)+Pc-Engine GT/GBA/GBAsp->Wii+DS/DsLite/GBA Micro/PSP(sold) and Xbox360 (bought just in last November).
Plus my bro has a PS3.

Probably my favourite genre is the shoot 'em up, so you can imagine what it means for me having skipped on Saturn's and PC-Engine/TG16's libraries... thank god for the Wii (don't like gaming on PC anymore), but I miss a lot on Saturn.

IT:

I really can't get the Gamecube controller to work, I'll look into some translation for TvC.

MoogPaul

Is this still easy to find in Japan? My brother is going to a wedding in March, I'd very much like for him to bring me back a copy.

HUELEN10

RocketDarkness said:
Bit of an old bump, but TvC is on sale for $40 bucks right now. I know I'm seriously tempted to pick it up.
If it is your style of game, go for it! I am not into capcom fighters much, but even I think it is worth 40. My roomie has it and it truly is awesome! I got my own copy as a gift though recently, and it is a nice part of my collection.

Dash Kappei

RocketDarkness said:
Bit of an old bump, but TvC is on sale for $40 bucks right now. I know I'm seriously tempted to pick it up.

WOW.
I paid double that for it (see above -__-), I'm haven't been big on fighters since Street Fighters 2 and I still think it was worth it, so... awesome, and the multiple control setups, with for-beginners sideways wiimote as a plus, along with a 4 buttons only gameplay make it so that your friends can easily pick it up and play with you and yet it has still a lot of depth to be found... that's a huge plus in my book.

And did I mention it's FUN?

neight

Banned
Ok, no one scream at me for this being common knowledge but how would I play that disc on my American Wii.

The chances of this game coming out here are slim, right?

Edit: So homebrew channel is the most reliable and easiest way? Looks like I'm fucked since I updated the firmware yesterday.

Meesh

-PXG- said:
Two questions:

1) Is there any new info on whether or not this is coming to the US?

I've been wondering the same thing since forever...every time this thread pops up, I keep hoping for some positive news :(

neight

Banned
I doubt it. I'm not as big an Otaku/weeaboo as some of you(thank God!) but I do know more about Japanese media than the average American and even I don't know who the fuck any of these are.

dysj9z.jpg

Edit: Wait I do know who Tekkaman is. And Casshern had a CG and live-action hybrid movie like Sky Captain but I don't know who he actually is.

Meesh

neight said:
I doubt it. I'm not as big an Otaku/weeaboo as some of you(thank God!) but I do know more about Japanese media than the average American and even I don't know who the fuck any of these are.

Shit, I only recognize two of those properties!

Doesn't it boil down to who owns the rights in the US, and obtaining those rights? That "Shonen Jump" fighter for DS had similar problems, but there were far more licenses/properties to worry about than what Tatsunoko has...I think(?) I guess I'm hoping a localization for Tatsunoko would be...easier? Faulty reasoning, I know...

rpmurphy

By the way, if you live near Purdue, they have it in the Union arcade now.

They're using the old unit they had for SCII/III so the 1st player stick is wonky. :(

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Is this game still popular? It fell off the Arcadia rankings chart and no one ever seems to talk about any goings-on on the fighting game scene.

Was it stupid of me to take advantage of that Play-Asia sale while at the same time not having homebrew installed? I mean 4.0 will be cracked enventually... right?

SoulFist said:
Can anybody guess how long you think it will be on sale for? I forgot that Captivate's coming up in the next day or two.
If you want it I'd get it right now. Considering how many licenses they'd have to consolidate to launch this in the U.S. I'm pretty sure there would have been a leak by now.

amodf

Lyte Edge said:
Is this game still popular? It fell off the Arcadia rankings chart and no one ever seems to talk about any goings-on on the fighting game scene.

not really. it's only played seriously at TRF as far as I can tell, and that doesn't really mean anything since they'll play ANYTHING~

the only reason to ever attack in the game is to get bar so you can burst.

they should have made it more like marvel and less like an easy-mode ggxx.

Top Bottom