• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars official thread ~ Going across the border!

MoxManiac

I don't understand why they couldn't have left the Capcom character musics alone and just compose new original music for the Tatsunoko characters. I mean, Capcom did a great job creating their own theme music for the Marvel characters. (some becoming a little iconic, Like Cap America's 's theme)

Teknoman

Would be nice if there was an option for those to pop up randomly (character specific themes).

And heres hoping Character select is still in. Kind of tied that to the game since it was the background music in the first footage i'd ever seen for the game.

I'm not much of a fighting game fan, but I really enjoyed Street Fighter IV, and Viewtiful Joe and Frank West being playable are enough of a reason for me to give this a shot.

However, I have a question that will determine whether I buy it at launch or not (final boss spoilers):

I've heard that the final boss is from Okami. I'm playing through Okami at the moment, but I'm not very far, and I doubt I'll have it beat by the time this comes out. Will TvC spoil anything for me, in regards to who the final boss is, what they look like, etc? A friend who imported a while back once showed me it, but was careful not to let me see their profile or anything, which led me to believe that it's a spoiler, and I should wait until I beat Okami first.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Pimpbaa said:
Why would capcom bother to bring this over? It's going to sell terribly.

1. For the same reason they're bringing Monster Hunter Tri over, to take a shot at building up a name (both for TatvC sequels and to rebuild the Vs fighting game brand).

2. To shut people the f**k up who whine that Capcom doesn't care about their fans.

Basically, even with licensing issues forcing the alteration of some content, after this you can never say that Capcom don't love ya.

Culex

Banned
Pimpbaa said:
Why would capcom bother to bring this over? It's going to sell terribly.

You on crack?! This is a GREAT fighter and Wii owners are pretty starved for a good fighter, let alone an ONLINE fighter.

It won't sell well, but the fact that Capcom is bringing it over is good enough reason to be happy!

Dascu

Ben2749 said:
I'm not much of a fighting game fan, but I really enjoyed Street Fighter IV, and Viewtiful Joe and Frank West being playable are enough of a reason for me to give this a shot.

However, I have a question that will determine whether I buy it at launch or not (final boss spoilers):

I've heard that the final boss is from Okami. I'm playing through Okami at the moment, but I'm not very far, and I doubt I'll have it beat by the time this comes out. Will TvC spoil anything for me, in regards to who the final boss is, what they look like, etc? A friend who imported a while back once showed me it, but was careful not to let me see their profile or anything, which led me to believe that it's a spoiler, and I should wait until I beat Okami first.
It doesn't really spoil anything. It's not a big character plot twist or something like that.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
FIRST PAGE UPDATED!

Ben2749 said:
Is it just Orochi then, as he's shown in the Okami intro (8 headed dragon-thing)?

Err... no, it's not him.
Orochi isn't the final boss of Okami, but
the final boss in Okami is the final boss in TvC. However, it's more of Ultimecia thing.

Dascu

Ben2749 said:
Is it just Orochi then, as he's shown in the Okami intro (8 headed dragon-thing)?
Have you ever played Final Fantasy 9? It's sort of like that.

If you haven't played it:
The final boss is someone/thing vaguely mentioned here and there and built up toward the end of the game. His name is Yami. There's not much story to him and what there is, isn't spoiled by Tatsunoko vs Capcom. His appearance isn't anything shocking either. Frankly, he looks kind of boring.

Edit: Hehe, double FF-reference, wolfy.

Boss Doggie

Hahahah, that it is.

Say, would would I be able to update now that the OP has reached its max characters?

I am so playing with birdman dude with the beak glasses.
And freaking megaman.
And then Ryu.

I reaaaally can't wait for this game =O

Ben2749 said:
Dont do it. I think it would be ok to get the game and play online or practice mode(as the boss isnt a selectable a character), but don't look at the final boss. Its pretty much how it looks in Okami.

Fritz

great OP, will buy. I only hope its beginner friendly. I also watched the youtube clips the OP provided: that Karas show looks very interesting.

Boss Doggie

Yup, it's beginner friendly. I suggest checking on the Miscellaneous links and go to Keits' primer vid for beginner's guide.

DR2K

Banned
Played it the other day at the arcade. It's solid, looks nice, but it feels . . . less, but it has substance. Overall after playing MVC2 for a decade I felt underwhelmed. It's fun and very easy to get into though.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Just to get the word out some more, I've written a general piece on my own website that gets a decent amount of hits. So, I can say I've helped get the word out a bit that this is coming out. Especially since I doubt Capcom will bother to do much (so much SSF4 news at CES, but this game comes out 3-4+ months earlier and had almost no news...)

ReiGun

Hey the thread's open again. Still hyped over here.:D

Slightly off topic, but if anyone who doesnt know Tatsunoko wants to get a little more acquainted with at least three of the characters, someone has uploaded a ton of Gatchaman episodes (both dubbed and subbed) to Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bEancC3lUs&feature=channel. I'm watching the series now, and it's a fun show from a time when men were men
in birdsuits

Boss Doggie

Very balanced. Really, the only time you'll hear Karas whiners are those who don't really know how to play the game!

Also, I suggest approaching this game with a blank slate. It has a different experience despite being put along Marvel vs. series.

Any chance to link me with EU stores for the stick? So far I have no results.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So apparently, if you have a PS2->GC converter you'll be able to use a PS2 stick for this game. Perfect if you have an older stick like my HRAP2.

DR2K

Banned
robor said:
So how balanced is this fighter compared to Street Fighter IV and Blazblue?

Arcade version is supposedly broke as shit. It's balanced for a VS game though. US version has new characters and has been rebalanced, so it could go either way.

I've had this game since Christmas 2008 and sadly only played it once. I plan on picking up the US version at a later date. Also in the Feb 2010 issue of Nintendo Power I got a trading card that has Jun the Swan & Chun-Li on it, it's awesome :D

MoxManiac

Pretty sure the entire cast from the original CGoH is unlocked, and the new characters are the ones that will have to be unlocked.

My team will be Batsu/Alex:D

robor

Ookami-kun said:
Very balanced. Really, the only time you'll hear Karas whiners are those who don't really know how to play the game!

Also, I suggest approaching this game with a blank slate. It has a different experience despite being put along Marvel vs. series.

Any chance to link me with EU stores for the stick? So far I have no results.

Yea I've noticed that just by watching the clips (hence why I asked), it looks quite different from the past Vs. games. Good to hear, I think I'm going to pick this up.

Hiltz

According to the ad agency that made this Tatsunoko vs. Capcom tv commercial, it should start airing tomorrow on USA, SyFy and Adult Swim (Cartoon Network).

For the record, they said that it took 60 minutes of work to achieve 1 second of stop-motion animation. Overall, it took around 20 hours to make.

I think Capcom decided to release the game outside of Japan because it wanted to wanted please its fans despite Capcom acknowledging the potential difficulty in the game selling well.I sure hope there will be enough Wii owners supporting this game to satisfy Capcom's estimated sales predictions.

ReiGun

Aw I gotta unlock Ai. I wanted to use Team Yatterman straight out the gate. Oh well, Casshan will do nicely in Ai's place. :D

Hiltz said:
According to the ad agency that made this Tatsunoko vs. Capcom tv commercial, it should start airing tomorrow on USA, SyFy and Adult Swim (Cartoon Network).

For the record, they said that it took 60 minutes of work to achieve 1 second of stop-motion animation. Overall, it took around 20 hours to make.

I think Capcom decided to release the game outside of Japan because it wanted to wanted please its fans despite Capcom acknowledging the potential difficulty in the game selling well.I sure hope there will be enough Wii owners supporting this game to satisfy Capcom's estimated sales predictions.
Awesome info. Would it have been possible for capcom to mention MvC in order to let people know this is the next official line in the series, or is that not possible due to licensing?

Caj814

abstract alien said:
Awesome info. Would it have been possible for capcom to mention MvC in order to let people know this is the next official line in the series, or is that not possible due to licensing?

They could just say "Capcom VS series" which is what most people like to call it anyways.

Top Bottom