• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team 17 announces Worms Revolution (PC, consoles - 2D gameplay) + teaser

Deadstar

Worms Armageddon is one of the best games ever made. I really hope this one is better than the last few Worms games which for some reason had less weapons and tile sets than Armageddon. I don't understand why they released versions with less features than the best Worms game. The goal should be to top Armageddon.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
A new worms? This is a news!
Seriously team 17, why don't you make 2d hd sequels of superfrog, assassin or project x(this can be 2.5d lol)?

That new water system is looking very interesting. This is shaping up very nicely... as others have mentioned already, no Worms game since Armageddon has given me the urge to play but this is definitely making me look forward to playing some games with mates.

Still haven't played a Worms games I liked better than 2. I think at this point even if one is "better" I still won't like it.

Newline

what platforms will this reach?

One of my most played games on the PSP was lemmings, it would be really fitting if worms could be up there on my vita.

Tankshell

I am in 2 minds about getting this... Worms is one of the few games my gf will actually enjoy playing with me, on a PC that is.

Also, long term Team 17 fan =0)

On the other hand, will it actually add anything fun to the existing worms mix I wonder?

Is anyone else really disappointed that you cant make lots of custom teams in local multi player any more? We used to have all sorts of crazy themed teams, but now you have a team named after the console username and everyone else is "Clone 1", "Clone 2".

Also the framerate seems pretty shaky on the PS3 version, we might have to go back to Armageddon, which is a shame because it seemed like they had some interesting ideas with this version!

Is anyone else really disappointed that you cant make lots of custom teams in local multi player any more? We used to have all sorts of crazy themed teams, but now you have a team named after the console username and everyone else is "Clone 1", "Clone 2".!

Dealbreaker. Absolute dealbreaker. Small thing, but wow.

spidye

Is anyone else really disappointed that you cant make lots of custom teams in local multi player any more? We used to have all sorts of crazy themed teams, but now you have a team named after the console username and everyone else is "Clone 1", "Clone 2".

Also the framerate seems pretty shaky on the PS3 version, we might have to go back to Armageddon, which is a shame because it seemed like they had some interesting ideas with this version!

played on a xbox and the frame rate was really awful. at times it was unplayable for me.
especially when we played fort deathmatch.

Guesong

YES.

GOD I HATE IT SO MUCH.

If I want to have another team I need to earn coins...such stupidity! I do not care about SP!

Dizzy-4U

Pretty disappointed with the performance of the PC version. When you move around with the camera it's 60fps, but character movement, explosions and stuff are 30fps, so it feels like crap. I will stick to Reloaded until they patch it (I hope so :/)

PaulLFC

How on earth did they even allow that through QA? Who thought it was a good idea to remove most of the fun of custom teams? What a stupid move. :/

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Pretty disappointed with the performance of the PC version. When you move around with the camera it's 60fps, but character movement, explosions and stuff are 30fps, so it feels like crap. I will stick to Reloaded until they patch it (I hope so :/)
I'm guessing that it's locked at 30 because the new physics engine does calculations on a frame by frame basis. Changing the framerate would also affect the physics and processor load.

Seriously the best part of Worms right there. After Holy Handgrenade and Concrete Donkey that is.

Nyoro SF

WHAT

Ok, well THAT'S nice to know. Fuck this.

antitrop

The Little Big Planet graphical style and nature documentary director narrator aspects of the game are very good.

The game is still charming and cute.

antitrop

Can anyone confirm that you can't add custom names, even on PC?
You can change the names of your Worms on PC.

bffJ2.jpg

I knew it. No game ever gets it perfectly right anymore. I loved naming mine after DBZ, Nintendo, Sony, friends, family, etc... Gives "life" to the worms. Passing on this one as well. Well, maybe I'll check out the PC one some day with names there. Should have scrolled all the way down.

I knew it. No game ever gets it perfectly right anymore. I loved naming mine after DBZ, Nintendo, Sony, friends, family, etc... Gives "life" to the worms. Passing on this one as well. Well, maybe I'll check out the PC one some day with names there. Should have scrolled all the way down.
You can change the names of the worms in the console version too, it's just you can only ever have one custom team, and you can't even name that team.

abracadaver

I bought the season pass on steam and downloaded the funfair pack but I have no idea how to access the DLC. There are no new puzzles to play in the menu and there is no new landscape to select. Whats wrong there ?

I bought this for PS3 tonight. I wish I hadn't. Jesus Christ, it runs like absolute donkey shit. 25 fps on a good moment, 15-20 more often, and the UI is full of weird jerks and pauses. They didn't optimize this at all. This is Worms! There's no excuse!

Top Bottom