• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

dwebo

If that's an actual envelope with microfilm inside displaying all the locations for the badge pursuit scavenger hunt... I'll just silently curse gamestop once again. Goddamn always getting the best DLC.

Chesskid1 said:
play the game in black and white
Oh snap!

Am I the only one that gets pissed the fuck off when publishers don't make inner cover art for PS3 games?

Chesskid1 said:
the person who posted that ps3 pic i just posted just confirmed that you can..

HOLY SHIT

Fjordson

Chesskid1 said:

Holy shit. I'll probably do that for a bit just to see what it's like at the least. That's an awesome little touch.

Kintaco

Chesskid1 said:

o_O Good stuff, did the packaging have any stickers identifying it as a Gamestop copy?

Kintaco said:
o_O Good stuff, did the packaging have any stickers identifying it as a Gamestop copy?

Each copy that has the specific pre-order bonus says right on it what's included. So anyone with a brain would probably tell the difference if you were planning on returning different copies to different stores.

Chesskid1

Banned
I wonder if they used any special filters/effects for the black and white mode(if that's even true), like film grain or something. Otherwise, why the hoopla over something you can do by just turning the color/saturation settings to minimum on your display?

Angry Fork

Chesskid1 said:

I think i'm gonna do this on 1st play through, then color for 2nd. The game's music matches black and white more imo.

Kintaco

Chesskid1 said:
here's 4 pics of the map

http://i51.tinypic.com/53k6m1.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/2akpj4.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/dwt5zn.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/v45ag8.jpg

the guy said he's zoomed all the way out and theres a few more sections he didn't take pictures of just cause. map is huge he says.

i'm gettin this info from la-noire.net forums, some guy has a copy there and has been answering questions

he posted pics of black/white mode and they were really shitty, i could post em up though.
Damn it seems like Alameda is always the cut off street in games based in L.A., I guess I won't be seeing my hood in the game. :(

RyanFYD

Neo Member
I had this dilemma the same time last year... Alan Wake and RDR.

Now Witcher 2 and LA Noire. Which do I play first.. ahhh

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Kintaco said:
Damn it seems like Alameda is always the cut off street in games based in L.A., I guess I won't be seeing my hood in the game. :(
Maybe you should move.

GrFIo.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So now that everyone and their mother seems to have advance copies of the game, are there any straight up dawg time comparisons of the two versions?

Chesskid1

Banned
Shurs said:
You pretty much have to.

black/white photos

http://i54.tinypic.com/2ufad0h.jpg (notebook, little spoilers)
http://i53.tinypic.com/dy1zwg.jpg (ingame)

like i said, they were shit.

my favorite things (very minor gameplay spoilers)
golden doorhandles for buildings you can go in
flashing cop badge to hijack cars

firehawk12 said:
So now that everyone and their mother seems to have advance copies of the game, are there any straight up dawg time comparisons of the two versions?

there isn't even clear 720p videos yet. just a few with cruddy quality, so how can there be a comparision already :p

styl3s

hopefully someone will get all the tech specs before it releases (resolution, fps, AA or no AA) i wanna know if they dropped the ball like they did with GTA 4 on ps3.

i have it currently pre-ordered on on 360 and would switch it to ps3 if its the same and not janked like RDR/GTA4, not that they were terrible on ps3.

Shurs

styl3s said:
hopefully someone will get all the tech specs before it releases (resolution, fps, AA or no AA) i wanna know if they dropped the ball like they did with GTA 4 on ps3.

i have it currently pre-ordered on on 360 and would switch it to ps3 if its the same and not janked like RDR/GTA4, not that they were terrible on ps3.

I think it's a different engine.

styl3s said:

PS3 lead sku so I'd doubt it would be bad.

Insane Metal said:
So where are the reviewS?
Embargo is up this Monday. Not exactly sure what time though.

MMaRsu

Banned
firehawk12 said:

Maybe a handful of people has it.

UrbanRats

Chesskid1 said:

The color palette was one of the things that was putting me off, this is great news, but how is it different from turning the Saturation off from the TV(aside from being faster and less annoying)? Are there like important color highlights or something?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
styl3s said:

PS3 is lead platform, it's not developed by Rockstar studios and not on Rage engine like GTA or RDR.

Just pre ordered the 360 version, and the guy at gamestop said they had only 10 reserves left for the free DLC. So if you havnt pre ordered yet and want the DLC id suggest doing it.

Aspiring said:
On the disc handling of the 360 version, this unboxing video shows everything. Its a double sided flip case with the third disc in the normal spot. Not stacked. Very nice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bighkBOMQjY

God I'm so glad I don't have to deal with Canadian packaging. The dual language printing is so annoying. US copies have a lot more photos of the game on the back of the cover.

Outtrigger888 said:
Just pre ordered the 360 version, and the guy at gamestop said they had only 10 reserves left for the free DLC. So if you havnt pre ordered yet and want the DLC id suggest doing it.

This is true, Rockstar/Take 2 really limited to amount of copies with the packed in DLC slips. Which is good.

sneaky77

Outtrigger888 said:

Those guys never know anything. I wouldn't really trust anything coming out of their mouths..

Amir0x

Banned
duckroll said:
You work your way up the ranks in the LAPD, and each promotion moves you to a different division with a new partner and new types of cases. You'll still be able to go back to the previous desks to replay old cases, or tackle cases you skipped from what I understand.
oh damn. It's not just being a detective. I get to be a career detective.

L.A. Noire sounds better and better every day. I just need real hands on impressions from someone I trust to seal the hype deal once and for all as this being my dream game.

Dang.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Chesskid1 said:

Holy shite!

My GOD, this game needs to be a GOTY contender. This was the one thing that I thought the game was missing. Thank you Team Bondi!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Can I play it with a sepia tone?

Anyways, this is shaping up to be something very interesting. I look forward to playing it.

DrBo42

Has there been any talk on how the 360 version looks/performs? Anything? I hate that I can't make an informed decision here.

Amir0x

Banned
iNvidious01 said:
i'll probably close my curtains to make the room darker but i doubt i'll be playing in black and white

As a classic noir fan, I gotta man. GOTTA. Deep shadows casting lines on victims faces. Smokes casting a room into foggy nights. Contrast elevating mood and tension.

Top Bottom