• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
There is certainly a disconnect between the realistic motion of the face and that of the body. But looks good nonetheless. Take 2 are on a roll.

btw guys, that video is a clear spoiler.

Ether_Snake said:
There is certainly a disconnect between the realistic motion of the face and that of the body. But looks good nonetheless.

Indeed. Due to the facial animation being so good, the body almost looks like a prop.

Numpt3

I don't know if it's been mentioned before but I've just seen this on CAG if anyone in the UK is interested...

Sainsbury's Entertainment are selling the game at the standard price of £39.99, but new customers can bring the price down to £31.99 by using the code "JSGA2005" at the checkout.

Radogol said:
Fantastic! There really are multiple ways to solve a case - something I really wish would be implemented in the next Ace Attorney game.

I didn't really notice the difference, in the second video was there just less evidence to pursue? I think it was the same conversation?

LProtag

Looks like in one video the guy spent his investigation tracking down evidence and in the other video the guy instead got a witness statement, using either of these lead to the same outcome.

I guess this means you can peruse different aspects of a case, and the more you do the more options you probably have to convict someone.

cackhyena

It's weird. This game really didn't benefit at all from the Game Play Series they put out in comparison with RDR for me, personally. It wasn't till the leaked 15 minutes that I had to jump on it.

I know they don't want to give too much away, but showing a chunk through press releases that way might have gone a long way towards securing even more pre orders, imo. Seeing the cinematic stuff alone in these commercials isn't enough.

dingsbums

Neo Member
InsertNameHere said:
Looks like in one video the guy spent his investigation tracking down evidence and in the other video the guy instead got a witness statement, using either of these lead to the same outcome.

I guess this means you can peruse different aspects of a case, and the more you do the more options you probably have to convict someone.

It should be the same outcome, since in this case he definately shot the guy. :)

But yeah, It seems that, the more you investigate, the more options you seem to get...

[You like this.]

In the case of neo-noir you've got movies like seven, brick, Winters bones(loved this one!) But my all time favorite has got to be Angel Heart. Amazing story, young Mickey Rourke, and set in the 50s with awesome cinematography.

I keep watching that first 15 video. It really made my hype jump. I agree that it was more effective in selling me on the game than the gameplay series.

NEOPARADIGM said:
Props to R* ripping all these vids down so fast. I'm supposed to be in blackout mode anyway. They're being strong where I'm weak. :p

Agreed... I let my curiosity get the best of me, but thanks to Rockstar for denying instant gratification.

iNvid02

it uses lightsprint's global illumination tech i think

edit: rockstar/take2 hate their videos going online anyway, they're not as lenient as other publishers. i got a youtube strike a while ago for uploading a GTA IV vid when niko started flying on his bike. it makes sense this time though because of the story

AwShucks

whatevermort said:
If you look a page back, you'll see the credits from the manual where they discuss the RAGE developers etc. It uses something from Rage at the very least.

I think somebody else said something in this topic like "If you see Naughty Dog's Team ICE in the credits it doesn't mean the game uses Naughty Dogs engine"

yeah that. And using "something" from an engine still wouldn't be using the engine. It's like you didn't even read the link.

DrBo42

Speedymanic said:
Based on the interrogation footage, yes.

Looks virtually identical to the PS3 and there didn't appear to be any frame-rate or other problems.

*Dances* The real test is going to be driving through the city.

I'm going to take a tip I got and pick up some of those add-on "real triggers" for the DS3 so I can enjoy playing this on PS3 more. Those awful convex triggers are really my main complaint. Anyone else use these?

Gary Whitta said:
I'm going to take a tip I got and pick up some of those add-on "real triggers" for the DS3 so I can enjoy playing this on PS3 more. Those awful convex triggers are really my main complaint. Anyone else use these?

Wasn't aware there were people who still didn't. They're that good. Also, the ones you can get at Best Buy are better than the originals, imo. Stay on much better (read: never come off).

Shiv47

Gary Whitta said:

Yeah, I put them on my DS3. No complaints here.

NEOPARADIGM said:
Wasn't aware there were people who still didn't. They're that good. Also, the ones you can get at Best Buy are better than the originals, imo. Stay on much better (read: never come off).
Cool, do you know what brand those are? Will look for them.

dreamfall

I've been on media blackout, but I really wanted to know if both versions have cloth physics?! It seems like a small detail, but Mafia 2 on the PS3 left us cold without swaying jackets, grass and blood effects! (I'm sticking with my L.A. Noire preorder on PS3)

Gary Whitta said:
Cool, do you know what brand those are? Will look for them.

Well the website says "PDP," although the picture doesn't look like the ones I have, so I'm not sure if it's them or not. Sorry. But point is, yes, get them, whichever brand. :)

Teknoman

That interrogation clip was awesome. Never thought i'd get hyped over something as simple as a conversation with realistic facial movements.

I haven't been reading this thread for fear of spoilers, so apologies in advance if this has been covered, but any word on PS3 vs 360 yet now that copies are out in the wild?

Still time for me to cancel my PS3 pre-order, if I must!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
MrCompletely said:
any mirrors on the interrogation vids? looks like they got nuked

That's the only thing left :(

Peff said:
2zftyps.gif

So good.

Top Bottom