• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway |OT| Super Iota 64

Kikarian

Completed this game earlier today. I have to say it's such a beautiful, refreshing and fun game to play.
I recommend everyone who is wondering whether to purchase it, to do it!

Jigolo

9218a696f295e8e19350ccc9408b2e66ac0dbda3.jpg

http://tearaway.me/p/rj8c

had to do it >__>

shut down the internet. nothing will top this

Grinchy

Banned
Wow. How is everyone so good at drawing with their fingers? Maybe it's just that I have big hands but I completely cover up anything I'm drawing even when I'm just using one finger.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Wow. How is everyone so good at drawing with their fingers? Maybe it's just that I have big hands but I completely cover up anything I'm drawing even when I'm just using one finger.
My fingers are small so I don't need it, but if you do have a capacitive stylus lying around, that would certainly work on the Vita's touchscreen.

Roubjon

Wow, I've been playing the demo for such a long time. What a fantastic game. I ordered it form Amazon on Thursday and it says it will arrive here on Friday of next week. This wait is going to be brutal.

I absolutely love all of the customization and photo aspects. Mm have definitely created something brilliantly unique.

Here, have a selfie of my adorable Iota:

Edgeward

I don't really mess around with customization options like this style with UCC, but Tearaway makes it simple and it makes sense because of its papercraft nature.

AEREC

In handheld heaven with this and Zelda ALBW. Surprised we haven't seen a Zelda skin in Tearaway yet. I'll probably try to make one later.

Putting stickers on the face is a spoiler, your post links to more

You can spoiler the person you quoted.

you can also edit posts

No, I'm sorry, you're being absurd. This entire thread is full of people putting stickers on the face of their characters and posting pictures. It is the core concept of the game. Without context you have no idea what sticker I wondered about and what puzzle it was for, even discounting the fact that you would have to be completely brainless to not understand WHAT you have to do when encountering that puzzle. The problem lies in which sticker you actually use. Which is what I wanted clarification for. Which could have been spoilered if anyone replies.

Skyzard

Banned
No, I'm sorry, you're being absurd. This entire thread is full of people putting stickers on the face of their characters and posting pictures. It is the core concept of the game. Without context you have no idea what sticker I wondered about and what puzzle it was for, even discounting the fact that you would have to be completely brainless to not understand WHAT you have to do when encountering that puzzle. The problem lies in which sticker you actually use. Which is what I wanted clarification for. Which could have been spoilered if anyone replies.

Why is this hard:

Got it, turns out I was putting the wrong decoration on my face.

You should have spoiled the quote and your question. The quote links to the exact puzzle that is for and there is no mention of what you are supposed to do action wise (in the challenge). Someone on the previous page, which you read, was asking just that.

Why is this hard.

You should have spoiled the quote and your question. The quote links to the exact puzzle that is for and there is no mention of what you are supposed to do action wise (in the challenge). Someone on the previous page, which you read, was asking just that.

Not my fault if someone follows a post link that "spoils" them. And no, the original poster obviously knew exactly what to do as do I, as will every single person who plays the game. If the so called puzzle were "I want to see a Top Hat!" and you have 15 top hat choices it would be the exact same thing. There is literally no puzzle to WHAT you need to do, it is merely a matter of there being too many options.

Last reply from me on this matter.

Skyzard

Banned
*spoiler warning*

Not my fault if someone follows a post link that "spoils" them. And no, the original poster obviously knew exactly what to do as do I, as will every single person who plays the game. If the so called puzzle were "I want to see a Top Hat!" and you have 15 top hat choices it would be the exact same thing. There is literally no puzzle to WHAT you need to do, it is merely a matter of there being too many options.

Last reply from me on this matter.

It's not the only possible solution that I could have come up with considering there are a bunch of the things in the game and you can pick things up, the challenge made no mention of stickers.

Someone curious and not knowing it WAS a solution, would have been spoiled. Not sure why it's so much of a problem for you to be slightly more considerate, last reply from me on this matter.

nampad

Thanks for the puzzle spoiler guys...

And yes, it is a spoiler. I thought the solution was totally different.
finding a squirrel and carry him to the guy.

Nothing ridiculous about not wanting to be spoiled.

Amir0x

Banned
Yup. people who don't understand spoiler etiquette need to learn it. Guys, nobody wants to play a game where they already know the solutions to things. Stop being absurd.

Teknoman

Its not a Media Molecule game until Donkey Show makes something awesome.

Am I doing it right?

You and DP need to send that to SpaffMolecule or just to MM email in general lol.

Also the Sonic one is really nice looking. I guess the further in you get, the more you can customize.

Sky Chief

Just finished the game. What an experience. Loved every second, I wish I was a kid again and could have played it. Just magical and awe inspiring. Time to make some papercraft :) Truly an amazing game, bravo Media Molecule!

Amir0x

Banned
Heh, that Gundam character redesign is on the front page of Tearaway.me

lmfao @ some of the character redesigns on the site. Wtf lol

Tiktaalik

Throwing away decades of gaming convention, this game uses the Square button as the ok/accept button. What a bizarre and arrogant decision by the developers.

Is this modifiable in the full game? I'm just playing the demo right now.

I recognize this is a small issue, and it certainly wouldn't halt me from buying the game, but at the same time it's a bewildering decision to me.

Bumping this again to ask if the control scheme is modifiable in the full game.

I'd love to know why the developers picked this control scheme. Seems like such a random choice to me.

co1onel

Bumping this again to ask if the control scheme is modifiable in the full game.

I'd love to know why the developers picked this control scheme. Seems like such a random choice to me.

No, you can't change any controls. I don't see why pushing square for dialogue would be an issue though. You can also touch the screen if you want.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I went to Best Buy today to pick up SMW3D, ALBW, and Tearaway. I found the former games without a problem, but when checking the extremely small Vita section, Tearaway was no where in site. At first I thought it might have sold out, but after asking a Best Buy worker to check (of course this was the first time he had heard of the game) it turns out their shipment of five copies was still sitting in the back warehouse, yet to be put out on the shelves. That kind of pisses me off. The game is already fighting such an uphill battle, and stores can't even bother to put it out on the shelves on release date. How long would it have taken for them to put it out on the shelves before I asked? After Black Friday?

Anyways, I'm excited to start playing. I have an exam on Monday so I probably won't boot it up until Tuesday, but I'll be making sure to bring my Vita when I go home for Thanksgiving break!

Tiktaalik

No, you can't change any controls. I don't see why pushing square for dialogue would be an issue though. You can also touch the screen if you want.

Yeah of course it works just as well as it being on X or Circle. Doesn't affect the game in a major way. It just irritates me that they'd make the change from convention for no real reason.

Top Bottom