• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teaser for Netflix's Castlevania (July 7, animation, written by Warren Ellis)

Primus

Definitely looking forward to this. Warren Ellis has been wanting to do a Castlevania treatment for over a decade now, plus he gets to co-produce alongside Avi Shankar.

It's gonna be freaking epic.

IrishNinja

yes

WARREN ELLIS WOOOO

looks good

ucGv4Pm.jpg

this next please

YESSSSSSSS

Looks promising. I need to see some better shots of the character designs though.

Simon's(?) face looks great but the outfit he's wearing looks rather meh.

mlclmtckr

Banned
Animation looks kind of budget and I'm not a warren ellis fan... but I love the goofiness of the Castlevania setting a lot. I guess I'll try it.

Animation is good and the voice acting is solid. I might actually have some hope for this though i'm praying the writing isn't garbage.

I want to say Madhouse. Did they outsource it to them?
I actually have no idea! I know very very little about it, I think I've found out more from online stuff than I have from work!

Why did you have to reopen this wound?

I'd give anything for more Nextwave.

If Marvel ever does their own "Deadpool" it NEEDS to be NextWave. Or a Netflix show? Something!!! My dad would flip out, he loves Nextwave sooo much. Surely they [Marvel] own the movie rights? I don't remember much of it but none of them were X-Men or mutants, right?

Protein

Banned
ANIME?! I'm glad for the change. Castlevania has hundreds of different monsters that would quickly swallow any budget.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
YO that looks really good. I had my doubts but that looks fucking slick as hell. Is it supposed to be Simon Belmont or the Belmont's at all?

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
As long as it has some awesome ost remixes, I should be good.

Also Dracula (or whoever it was rising from the coffin) looks an awful lot like Liquid Snake.

Ahasverus

YO that looks really good. I had my doubts but that looks fucking slick as hell. Is it supposed to be Simon Belmont or the Belmont's at all?
Trevor Belmont! This is adapting Dracula's Curse, the first game in the old (pre-IGA) timeline.
As long as it has some awesome ost remixes, I should be good.

Also Dracula (or whoever it was rising from the coffin) looks an awful lot like Liquid Snake.
That's Alucard.

Top Bottom