• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teaser for Netflix's Castlevania (July 7, animation, written by Warren Ellis)

explodet

Damn. I remember posting a thread on GAF about this project back in 2007 - over TEN friggin' years ago.

I can't believe Warren Ellis managed to keep this in his fridge and not have it get all moldy and stuff.

header_1.jpg

Makonero

I actually have no idea! I know very very little about it, I think I've found out more from online stuff than I have from work!

If Marvel ever does their own "Deadpool" it NEEDS to be NextWave. Or a Netflix show? Something!!! My dad would flip out, he loves Nextwave sooo much. Surely they [Marvel] own the movie rights? I don't remember much of it but none of them were X-Men or mutants, right?

Boom Boom is a major character. They could switch her out though, she's not as integral as Machine Man or The Captain or Monica Fuckin' Rambeau

All the other marvel references would be nil though, so no racist Captain America. Sad.

Print_Dog

Never played a CastleVania game, but I'm impressed with the animation. I'll give this a shot. I'm all about supporting this type of thing.

Damn. I remember posting a thread on GAF about this project back in 2007 - over TEN friggin' years ago.

I can't believe Warren Ellis managed to keep this in his fridge and not have it get all moldy and stuff.

header_1.jpg

Wait, this is that same production? I remember all the stories of goat loving from the script.

Boom Boom is a major character. They could switch her out though, she's not as integral as Machine Man or The Captain or Monica Fuckin' Rambeau

All the other marvel references would be nil though, so no racist Captain America. Sad.

Aw man, that sucks. I wonder if Marvel would ever do the MCU version of their "What If?" comics, or anything non-canon to the MCU. Might become too confusing for people unless they open with some kind of "WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO WATCH..." explanation thing. Do they own The Watcher? (Is that the right name?) If they do I imagine they could use him. They DID open up alternate dimensions and such with Doctor Strange...

There it is! :D

header_1.jpg

God I remember this too and always liking that art.

The show's main producer, Adi Shankar, has been on-record calling the show "R-rated as fuck", so expect to get your violence on.

I hope by this he doesn't mean it's going to feel like that forced R kind of material and that the rating just comes naturally.

Basically I hope the rating doesn't feel too tryhard or something. I'm down with it being dark and violent, just not the idea of dark and violent that would thrill a 12 year old.

Ashodin

I hope by this he doesn't mean it's going to feel like that forced R kind of material and that the rating just comes naturally.

Basically I hope the rating doesn't feel too tryhard or something.

I mean dudes are getting shanked in the face in the trailer.

I mean dudes are getting shanked in the face in the trailer.

Yeah stuff like that is fine. I just don't want it to come across as forced and edgy.

There is a difference. Natural violence like that is fine, but if it gets comically gratuitous it's gonna put me off.

Basically I hope the rating doesn't feel too tryhard or something. I'm down with it being dark and violent, just not the idea of dark and violent that would thrill a 12 year old.

it's going to be Spawn.

"R-Rated as F***!" sounds try hard

Shit, I wasn't expecting something that looked great. I was expecting something like the new Mega Man cartoon. Hope this turns out good, that's a great first showing.

it's going to be Spawn.

"R-Rated as F***!" sounds try hard

Right, we'll see. It's the only thing that gives me pause. Again I'm not opposed to it being violent as hell but I want a good story and themes and not truckloads of extreme violence/nudity in place of it.

If it has a lot of violence and nudity that supports the themes, great! If it feels there to be there, eh.

Looks good, Konami should have had plans to release a game to accompany this.

lol. Though like I said, I guarantee if it's successful in the least bit that they'll be like well I guess people still like Castlevania *yawn* let's order one...

Top Bottom