• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teaser for Valkyrie Anatomia: The Origin (new Valkyrie Profile?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked with some a friend of mine and she said that SE are prone to close their servers with their mobile games. Do their mobile games usually rely on servers to being played? And do they really have a track record of shutting down their servers for their mobile games after some time?

Most F2P mobile games have some server connection. Almost everything in FFRK happens server side.

You know what's worse than gacha? Weapon/item gacha that comes with inventory limits which counts dupes. The WORST, because then they build in systems where you can pay to reduce UI hassle which then gives them an incentive to make the UI bad. Awful!

It worked so well for Record Keeper, why change!

Aters

Really not a fan of the character design.
I want something heavy and dark and beautiful like VP1. Now it's just a bunch of anime fighters.

Lime

I like it. I don't recognize it from any of the previous entries? Or is my memory failing me?

What Other M reference are you claiming to make? I hate that game's portrayal of Samus as much as anybody but I can't remember Samus with in bent knees and grasping her neck.

Nothing, ask the original poster I was suggesting it to. I was just highlighting that the character design had that usual inwards bent knees and neck caressing usually exclusive to female characters.

I like it. I don't recognize it from any of the previous entries? Or is my memory failing me?

Nothing, ask the original poster I was suggesting it to. I was just highlighting that the character design had that usual inwards bent knees and neck caressing usually exclusive to female characters.
I might even say the inward bent knees is almost exclusively seen on Japanese designed female characters. They love their thigh-showing, inward knee bending young women. They're so kawaii

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Man, what a fucking tease; they force you into 3 fixed gacha rolls with a super rare at the end... and that's where the demo ends.
This was cool tho
O6sSANz.png

Edit: oh it's not fixed? well duck me

Caim

Man, what a fucking tease; they force you into 3 fixed gacha rolls with a super rare at the end... and that's where the demo ends.
This was cool tho
O6sSANz.png

Edit: oh it's not fixed? well duck me

Yeah I rerolled once to see how the gatcha was. First time was just 3* then next time I did it I ended up with one 5* and two 4* weapons.

poncle

Took a ton of screenshots, but that video covers everything.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but we have 3 currencies:
- energy just to play/heal
- crystals to prevent some enemies to OHKO you
- stuff to have Lenneth materialise map parts

And of course gatcha mechanics for equipments.

Touch controls don't hold a candle to the real VP combat, the addition of skills to activate by sliding up a finger doesn't help either, good luck comboing them.
I like that you can guard attacks manually though.

This thing is not worth the trouble of going through a VPN, making a Jap account, and spending a lot of money.

duckroll

Finished the prologue. Doing the full data download now. It's pretty interesting. The game is clearly made on a shoestring budget, but I think they identified the aspects of VP which were most appealing to fans. There's quite a lot of story, the theme seems kinda dark, but it remains to be seen how good the individual Einherjar stories will be. The framing story is a sort of "origin story" for the Norse Mythology setting of VP. But it's also super contrived, much like the previous VP games. There's a foreshadowing of a Bad End future, there are hints of a dark secret in the past. The Valkyrie is presented here as a last resort plan by Odin to save Asgard even though she seems to be a weapon he doesn't really understand.

The battles are pretty responsive, the graphics are good, and while the dungeons are the typical sort of mobile instanced stuff, it does seem like there is some thought put into potentially making them more interesting later on. The tutorial was just a straight line though.

So it seems like the gacha is definitely weapons, not Einherjer... pretty similar to FFRK then, rather than Terra Battle. Hope the inventory management isn't total garbage.

poncle

Played the first mission too, the music is just a straight rip from VP2. Found about 8 treasure boxes, 7 were useless.
The lack of any sound, visual effect, or heptic feedback when tapping the character icons to attack is baffling in a game where you're supposed to make combos.

Foolworm

Okay, played the tutorial. I like it; maybe it's been too long since the last entry of the series and I'm deprived, but the game clicked with me right away. Only thing is I'd prefer the classic diamond setup instead of tapping the row of portraits along the bottom of the screen but I guess it takes up too much real estate.

My current account has two 4* and one 3*; I'm not the rerolling type so I'll run with it. Waiting for the official release now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom