• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ted Nugent and Bill Maher Come Together on ‘No Violence’ in Political Debates Pledge

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/338360-nugent-im-uniting-with-maher-to-pledge-no-violence-in-political-debates

Ted Nugent said he’ll be appearing on Bill Maher’s show to discuss toning down political rhetoric.

The right-wing singer and commentator Nugent has recently vowed to stop using “harsh language,” and told "Fox & Friends" on Sunday that he and his “not-so-good friend” Maher will “make sure that we clarify this and that we are going to unite on no violence.”

“I think the fact that my kids and my wife have consulted me and told me I’d be more effective if I abandoned the city slicker street slang,” Nugent.

Left-wing entertainer Maher has also spoken out about the level of rhetoric recently, agreeing with Breitbart Editor-in-Chief Alex Marlow that a production of "Julius Caesar" that depicts the stabbing of a President Trump-like Caesar goes too far.

Looks like Bill Maher is keeping some good company these days.

giphy.gif

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/876287381250482177

Bill Maher joins Breitbart editor in condemning Kathy Griffin, "Julius Caesar" production http://hill.cm/x2XHtgz

Oh for fucks sake Bill

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
They'll be addressing instances of real and theoretical violence perpetrated by the Right as well, right?

... Right?

I am waiting for the day that Rush Limbaugh or Michael Savage appear on Bill Maher's show. He'll they might as well appear.

I feel like LWT is the fresher of the programs.

I know people won't like it but if it draws ratings, than go for it. Does anyone know of any fiery liberal commentators that Maher could have on that could both balance out the right-wingers AND do their research better than Maher?

Mahonay

Banned
I guess Maher is just saying fuck it now?

Bye Bill. Even though I already dropped you for John Oliver ages ago.

The idea is fine, but Nugent isn't sincere at all and anyone can see that he's just saying all this stuff because 'his side' was attacked this time. The interview he did with that Breitbart editor was terrible, too. It wasn't until Overtime (which is seen by like 1/10 of the regular audience) that he was called about by Nance for publishing fake news and the panel ripped him up. Bill has always been a subpar interviewer, but he's getting worse it feels like.

HStallion

The US is fucked if people can't even accept symbolic gestures from celebrities against call to violence.

The celebrity who on several occasions called for out right violence and the death of Obama? I'd love to hear about Duterte calling for compassion for drug dealers next for another hollow insincere plea.

Ted Nugent and the Right "won" which is why they now want people to be passive. Can't wait for 2018 when they get blown out and their hypocrisy shows yet again.

Dude Abides

Banned
Two shitty tastes that taste shitty together. Two useless tools get together to verbally fellate each other in a pointless display of moral vanity.

Meatfist

1) Fuck Ted Nugent, he's as transparent as it gets
2) Fuck Bill Maher for giving him a platform
3) Stranglehold is still cool

Trakdown

Fuck Nugent. I notice he didn't exactly jump at the chance to come out, reach across the aisle and tone down the language after Gabby Giffords got shot. Had to wait before his team was in office. Hope he gets lime disease next time he's out hunting.

Kurdel

Banned
It's an empty gesture. There's a difference

Sure, it will probably end up being another thing liberals can throw in the rights face once to highlight the GOP hypocrisy.

The celebrity who on several occasions called for out right violence and the death of Obama? I'd love to hear about Duterte calling for compassion for drug dealers next for another hollow insincere plea.

So the best thing is to ignore ALL calls to tone down rhetoric? That doesn't make sense. Escalation only leads to escalation.

theWB27

Everything's an empty gesture if you're cynical enough

You don't get an automatic pass when you've lived your whole life as a racist just because one day you say something different. Lets see how Nugent acts over the rest of his life. Lets see if he truly reaches out to neighborhoods that are dominated by the ilk he likes to degrade.

Nothing about holding a career racist accountable is cynicism. You should probably wonder why you're so willing to ignore his history just because he's said, one time while still attacking the left, lets tone down the rhetoric he loves to spout.

Zaph

Oh look, another white public figure being allowed to move on without ever having asked for forgiveness or publicly apologising for their hateful bullshit.

HStallion

How is it two faced? Did you see his last show when he brought this up?

The last show just continued to confirm all the negative shit about Bill. It did nothing to improve his image.

So the best thing is to ignore ALL calls to tone down rhetoric? That doesn't make sense. Escalation only leads to escalation.

Yes because its hollow as a fucking rotted out tree coming from a guy like Nugent.

Real Time has always been an absolute garbage show, but I watch it exactly for moments like that.

Pee Tape, Fake News, Death Threats | Overtime with Bill Maher (HBO)

Yeah, it's a shame this wasn't part of the show. Really showed how big of a phony that guy was, but alas, the vast majority of viewers didn't see that

Sure, it will probably end up being another thing liberals can throw in the rights face once to highlight the GOP hypocrisy.

This country has such a double standard for the right, it's not like that matters. We've got enough of that to throw in thier face until times end. Doesn't stop this from being a hollow gesture from a bullshit artist

Tbh I don't see what's wrong with condemning the Kathy Griffin thing. If it was any other president there'd be widespread outrage.

Really? Because there was a lot of Obama effigies being hanging or burned and the only one who really spoke out against it was John McCain ironically enough. Sure missed the widespread outrage there.

HStallion

Tbh I don't see what's wrong with condemning the Kathy Griffin thing. If it was any other president there'd be widespread outrage.

When you have to do it while agreeing with Breitbart, it once again comes off as not only hollow but down right laughable.

Top Bottom