• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen blasts NWA's "Fuck tha Police" during slain officers funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
At least it wasn't Ice T fronted Body Count's "Cop Killer". Now that would have been tasteless

Nothing wrong with being an asshole but at least have the balls to stick to it.
He ain't got shit to apologize for but noise complaints.
he apologized cause his landlord made him or he'd kick them out.

he kicked them out later on regardless.
That makes more sense but who's gonna police the landlord now for going back on his word?

I'm mean I have plenty of criticism of the police but a funeral isn't the time or place to be a god damned edge lord.

Landlord can kick someone out for that??

I'm mean I have plenty of criticism of the police but a funeral isn't the time or place to be a god damned edge lord.

He's had family members and friends killed by police, supposedly. Seems to be more than that for him.

Not that it makes this okay.

ThisGuy

The young man, who identified himself as Julien Rodriguez, 16, said it was “satisfying” to play the song on repeat from his apartment on East 188 Street, claiming that his older brother and best friend were unjustifiably killed by cops.

16 year old boy who is upset. Kind of explains the anger.

Kid is an asshole from the looks of it, in my opinion. That deceased person was more than the institution they worked at, and this deliberate insult (which isn't only directed at the deceased but their relatives and friends as well) is an insult to them that goes way beyond criticism or activism against the police. That person probably deeply hurt the deceased's friends and family. Fuck that shit.

Edit: If the kid's relatives were killed by cops, it's UNDERSTANDABLE why, but still a dick move.

Reading the article is weird. Kid posed for a photo and gave names, but the Post couldn't find any of the names he said. Kid also felt bad for the the officer that was killed, which makes no goddamn sense because if you felt bad then why do that

Landlord would only give the name Jesus, said he was letting them stay there for a week, and booted them out anyways

I don't think they 'lived' lived there?

AntoneM

Didn't the cops turn their backs toward the Mayor at this same event? If they're going to make it political, then I'm all for this kid's actions.

Gallbaro

Banned
Lot of bullshit (legal) points.

I do not think the noise ordinances apply before 10:00 so the police had no legal right to storm the apartment. Though he may have panicked and invited them in.

The landlord cannot just show up and evict tenets in NYC. Need the sheriff's department to do that.

Edit:
Reading the article is weird. Kid posed for a photo and gave names, but the Post couldn't find any of the names he said. Kid also felt bad for the the officer that was killed, which makes no goddamn sense because if you felt bad then why do that

Landlord would only give the name Jesus, said he was letting them stay there for a week, and booted them out anyways

I don't think they 'lived' lived there?

Ah ok. But the house call by the police does not have a legal standing I think. Unless they made contact with the landlord for permission prior.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Cops at the funeral were infuriated by the show of disrespect.

“This is the s–t we face every day,” a police source griped.

Ohh boo hoo. I'm sure the minorities you treat like shit have it worse.

norm9

Didn't the cops turn their backs toward the Mayor at this same event? If they're going to make it political, then I'm all for this kid's actions.

Ay yo, you insult one cop, you insult every cop! (Even though you shouldn't judge all cops by the actions of one bad cop)

Ohh boo hoo. I'm sure the minorities you treat like shit have it worse.

I'd love to listen to hop hop everyday. My coworker likes Modern country though.

Woo-Fu

Banned

Landlord can't really kick anybody out of anywhere in nyc without a lengthy process, at least not legally. They can on the other hand make the tenants' lives living hell in the meantime. $50 will hire a beating pretty easy in some neighborhoods.

FUME5

Was MCing at a skate demo thing back in the 90s, cops came to break it up. The DJ (who I didn't know) started playing fuck the police. An aboriginal officer came over and told him to stop playing that song. He flicked the fader and KRS starts belting out black cop.

He got dragged off and no doubt caught a beating.

A funeral is not the place to air your grievances with the force though.

FyreWulff

strange how there isn't the flood of people going "i don't like what he's saying but he's free to say it" when it isn't a white supremacist talking about genocide against black persons

Lot of bullshit (legal) points.

I do not think the noise ordinances apply before 10:00 so the police had no legal right to storm the apartment. Though he may have panicked and invited them in.

The landlord cannot just show up and evict tenets in NYC. Need the sheriff's department to do that.

I'm speculating like a motherfucker here so bear with me:

Teen starts blaring song on repeat
Cops walk up to the house, start yelling at him, argument insues
Cops find out who super is somehow, call him
Super wants no beef with the cops, demands apology, gets it, kicks them out anyways because they aren't really tenants (this part I'm the most shaky on)

Kyzer

Banned
His brother and best friend died from cops and hes 16, im not going to shit on this kid. I admire the notion, even if he isnt mature enough yet to understand what hes doing

Laiza

Immature, yet totally understandable. Unfortunately, I doubt it was worth it, even if he got satisfaction out of it at the time. But that's the thing about teenagers - their ability to think ahead and plan for the future is literally stunted next to fully developed adults. This is entirely expected behavior.
Ay yo, you insult one cop, you insult every cop! (Even though you shouldn't judge all cops by the actions of one bad cop)
"One rotten apple spoils the whole bunch"...

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I like this kid.

Gallbaro

Banned
I'm speculating like a motherfucker here so bear with me:

Teen starts blaring song on repeat
Cops walk up to the house, start yelling at him, argument insues
Cops find out who super is somehow, call him
Super wants no beef with the cops, demands apology, gets it, kicks them out anyways because they aren't really tenants (this part I'm the most shaky on)
Yeah, that part is the sketchy part.

At that age...having lived through the same things...can't say I wouldn't have done the same. Really unfortunate it got them evicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom