• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen Wolf (Season 5) |OT| Watch your (six) pack.

uF8rcWr.jpg

Welcome to the Teen Wolf Season 5 OT! GAF's favorite action/horror "teen" show! Please make yourself at home.

Teen Wolf Season 5 premieres June 29th & 30th on MTV and MTV Canada! (It's a two night premiere!)

Summary
(Contains spoilers up to Season 4.)

[copy & paste]As mentioned above, Teen Wolf is an action/horror teen soap opera very loosely based on the old Teen Wolf movie. And when I say loosely based, I mean the only similarity is that they are both called Teen Wolf.

This iteration of Teen Wolf tells the story of a young man named Scott, his sassy family, sexy friends, and steamy foes in the small town of Beacon Hills. In the first season, Scott, a newly bit were, quickly had to learn the ways of the wolf and find out his place in this brand new world of supernatural intrigue that had descended upon Beacon Hills. With the help of his friend Stiles and his girlfriend Allison, Scott valiantly fought his way through a deadly power struggle for the primo Alpha position, a battle that tore families apart and left more than a few bodies in its wake. Also, people got naked, a lot.

In season 2, with a new Alpha in place, and a brand new set of problems that threatened to tear Scott away from his loved ones, he had to assert his new found strength and abilities into protecting those he cared about from an ever increasing array of threats. (Which included more angst ridden teen wolves than you can shake a stick at, a crazy yet progressive family of beast hunters, the principal from hell, the scariest substitute teacher you'll ever met, a giant murderous lizard monster, a sassy living corpse and some kid that couldn't swim.) Needless to say, Scott saved the day, with a bit of help from his army of frenemies and some magic dirt. And we'll never forget how important house keys are. *sniff*

Then, in the first half of season 3 (otherwise known as 3A), Scott had to deal with an entire pack of Alphas and an insane nature-infused witch, all while trying to bring up his grade point average and figure out why his eyes were suddenly so irritated. Needless to say, with the help of the plucky group of misfits he calls his pack, Scott managed to fend off the encroaching Alphas and quell the tumultuous goings on of a certain sexy(?) Darach. Now Scott's a True Alpha, the rarest of all werewolves, with his powers coming not from birthright or physical prowess, but through the strength of his dopey, loveable heart. Awww.

This brings us to the latter half of season 3, (referred to as 3B) which finds Scott, Stiles & co. finally feeling like they've rid Beacon Hills of all the supernatural baddies. Well, turns out that their dark, ritual semi-suicide they used to quell the Darach had some unforeseen side effects, namely that they opened the floodgates to all sorts of outside demonic forces. (Whoops!) Oh, and they might of also done irreversible damage to their living souls, and could quite possibly lose their minds. Oh well, they won't let that get them down, right Stiles? ...Stiles? Oh yeah, you've were possessed by a magically malicious demon, that made you and your shadowy henchmen go on a murderous rampage that results in dozens of deaths, including two of your friends. That sucks. Well, at least Scott was able to draw out your humanity again when you got barfed up by your doppelganger. So everything's cool now, right? And you guys met some neat new friends. The pack needed a kitsune and werecoyote anyway, two birds with one stone, and all that.[/copy & paste]

So after a very brief spell of peace, Season 4 found our lovely group of heroes being targeted by an insatiable enemy known only as "The Benefactor" who happened to enjoy hiring a plethora of assassins to eliminate any and all supernatural beings residing in Beacon Hills for cash money. This didn't bode well for Scott's ragtag group of friends. Plus, insane auntie Kate was back, accompanied by some ridiculous Berserkers, and uncle Peter was also up to his old tricks again too. Not to mention Scott got his first beta, Parrish was naked a lot, Derek went full wolf, Lydia developed an appreciation for vinyl, etc, etc. It was a busy season. But in the end everything was just peachy and they got to take a fun roadtrip to Mexico, so it's all good.

But as expected, trouble is brewing again in Beacon Hills, but this time it might be some complex personal issues from within that require numerous trips to the doctor. I'm sure they'll help fix Scott and his pals right up. I hope you all like needles!

Cast

4e5y1n9.jpg

Scott McCall (Portrayed by Tyler Posey)
🎯

5ciLq5a.jpg

Stiles Stilinski (Portrayed by Dylan O'Brien)
🚙

P1vBRQn.jpg

Lydia Martin (Portrayed by Holland Roden)
💄

JGNA2W0.jpg

Kira Yukimura (Portrayed by Arden Cho)
🔪

SAFrU3F.jpg

Malia Tate (Portrayed by Shelley Hennig)
🐾

KrU8y0X.jpg

Liam Dunbar (Portrayed by Dylan Sprayberry)
🚼

As fans know, there's about 50 billion other characters on this show too, but they don't have fancy promo pics, so just use your imagination.

Media

-Season 5 Opening Credits
-The First 5 Minutes of the Premiere Episode
-Promo
-Trailer

Links

-Official MTV Teen Wolf Website
-Official MTV Canada Teen Wolf Website
-Official Teen Wolf Twitter Page
-Official Teen Wolf Tumblr Page

In Closing...

Thanks to everyone who has supported the show so far, and to all newcomers, please come in and join us, we don't bite. :D

Credit: Thanks to MTV.com and unknown Tumblr person for the images, and thank you to Shahadan for the OT title suggestion.

Deputy Parrish and I would like to thank you for reading.

zBOWVmy.gif

Shahadan

My title! Thank you based Hours Left! :p

I haven't the slightest desire to watch this season however. Was pretty bored by the last. They need to decide if they want to be hilariously bad or legitimately okayish, not the boring middle ground of emptiness it is now.

I'll probably watch a bit though. Stiles has good lines.

Clever title. Great OT HL!
Thank you. :)

It was something I was considering already, but I gotta give credit to Shahadan for pushing me over the edge for the title. Simple and to the point.

My title! Thank you based Hours Left! :p

I haven't the slightest desire to watch this season however. Was pretty bored by the last. They need to decide if they want to be hilariously bad or legitimately okayish, not the boring middle ground of emptiness it is now.

I'll probably watch a bit though. Stiles has good lines.
You have to watch now since I used your suggestion. It's law.

pashmilla

Banned
I've been hate-watching this show since pretty much the end of season 2. I'll probably watch this season anyway. Why do I torture myself so :'(

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Don't tell Justified fans that Jackie Nevada is on this show.

My wife will be pleased this starts up again.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Lol Malia.

And the sword belt was cool.

Edit: Scott pls. What a wimpy alpha you are.

Edit2: or maybe not. Why did it take you so long?

Delio

That was a nice touch putting Allison there. Also looks like a lot of mess will go down soon.

Also i like how they arent even hiding that Parrish is a Phoenix >_>

ShyMel

Forgot tonight was the premier till I looked on Twitter. Overall I enjoyed the episode.
The crows(?) coming out of the one werewolf sure was interesting.

Top Bottom