• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen Wolf (Season 5) |OT| Watch your (six) pack.

Tokubetsu

If its one thing Teen Wolf does best, it's those character beats.

Like, Scott no matter what gonna be the supporting and building mother. Stiles gonna doubt johnny come latelys, lydia gonna have the back of mentall off peoples etc.

and enough cannot be said about how most of these parents are good candidates for parent of the year. Scott's Mom deserves MvP like every god damn year and Scott's dad is close second place if his job didn't carry him away and he wasn't so...masculine. But they all doing literally the best they can.

Teen Wolf is so positive when it isn't trying to be horror it isn't even funny.

love this fucking show.

Monocle

Yep, Teen Wolf has far more H&H (heart and hunks) than you'd expect from a seemingly cliched teen drama based on a cheesy horror movie. It's my second favorite inexplicably great TV show that nobody saw coming, after Hannibal.

VegiHam

So I watched all of this show before this season started, and I've caught the start of what's new; and that first episode was kinda weird. We sorta jumped back in without any time for me to remember who most of these characters are. Who the heck is Liam anyway, where did he come from? But I enjoyed it anyway. I don't like the Cybermen people, they're weird, but the other bad guy is pretty, so he can stay. I'm mostly just here for Stiles and Scott's mum, who were great as usual. Laughed so much at Kira's cool belt sword which gets pulled out and then immediately neutralised. Sums up her role in this show right there. Oh, and her mum is still around to say 'oh right yeah there's this ancient monster; I already knew' and do nothing else.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
In the great hunk debate, personally I feel that new guy isn't all that. I say this as the female of this thread.

So I watched all of this show before this season started, and I've caught the start of what's new; and that first episode was kinda weird. We sorta jumped back in without any time for me to remember who most of these characters are. Who the heck is Liam anyway, where did he come from? But I enjoyed it anyway. I don't like the Cybermen people, they're weird, but the other bad guy is pretty, so he can stay. I'm mostly just here for Stiles and Scott's mum, who were great as usual. Laughed so much at Kira's cool belt sword which gets pulled out and then immediately neutralised. Sums up her role in this show right there. Oh, and her mum is still around to say 'oh right yeah there's this ancient monster; I already knew' and do nothing else.

Liam? The werewolf that Scott created last season.

VegiHam

In the great hunk debate, personally I feel that new guy isn't all that. I say this as the female of this thread.

Liam? The werewolf that Scott created last season.
I disagree. Emphatically.

To be honest, I've forgotten most of season 4. Last thing I remember Stiles and Scott had an adorable post MRI hug; and everything after that is kind of a blank. I think there was some mexico in there?

As an impartial observer to the Great Hunk Debate, allow me to offer some additional evidence to further the conversation.

rBQbWOx.png

yS4A8vf.jpg

XgAM5QH.jpg

PStIDw9.png

Scott,Stiles and Liam will be the death of me. What a cute family unit.

Got to say that I agree. Loved to see Liam be a helper and know his place.

Loved the second episode a lot more than the first. I thought that the first was way too slapdash and unfocused. The best part about the show is the relationship between the characters. Slower and less bombastic it better.

Monocle

Eh, straight girls' and gay guys' tastes only occasionally overlap. I can't tell you how many women I've seen act all scornful toward the athletic male model type that I'd consider ultimate fantasy boyfriend material. "Ugh, I bet he's so full of himself. His toned hairless body makes him look a little boy!" It's fine though. You can keep your dad bods and leave all of the Abercrombie jocks for me.

Females and straight guys agree that gay guys are wrong.
As if. Girls' tastes are all over the map. Let's not even go there. And straight guys have such predictable taste in men, lol. It's adorable how many of them have such narrow and primitive ideas about male attractiveness. Have you heard Louis CK's bit on the disarming beauty and irresistible sexiness of Ewan McGregor?

That's exactly what I'm talking about. A lot of straight guys can't appreciate male beauty apart from a personal masculine ideal that has nothing to do with sex appeal as your average younger gay guy understands it. Capable-looking, rugged, hairy, masculine, desirable to the opposite sex: that's the kind of guy that tends to impress straight men, from what I've seen.

Now obviously you can't call McGregor hideous, and I'm sure plenty of gay guys have the hots for him, but I'm also sure a lot of my gay bros who share my fine taste in hunks would agree he's no Pietro Boselli.

NSFW? (bulge)

A1 hunk material right there. And I can tell you that guys who look like him aren't the subjects of nearly as many mancrushes as your George Clooney types.

As an impartial observer to the Great Hunk Debate, allow me to offer some additional evidence to further the conversation.
http://i.imgur.com/rBQbWOx.png

http://i.imgur.com/yS4A8vf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XgAM5QH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PStIDw9.png]
So... case closed?

BRB, I forgot something in my bedroom.

Pietro Boselli is 100% perfection. The fact that he's incredibly smart too just adds to his already unrelenting appeal.

Let's get him on Teen Wolf. I'll text Jeff Davis.

VegiHam

Now obviously you can't call McGregor hideous, and I'm sure plenty of gay guys have the hots for him, but I'm also sure a lot of my gay bros who share my fine taste in hunks would agree he's no Pietro Boselli.

Yes we do! I agree with you up until this. Straight guys are wrong about dude hotness, yeah, but in basically the exact opposite way to what you're saying. McGregor outclasses Boselli easily; it's short skinny quiet guys who are hot and straight guys overlook.

That said, everyone on Teen Wolf is hot. Pretty much without exception, and I'd be lying if I said that wasn't part of why I enjoy the show, even if it makes me shallow.

Yes we do! I agree with you up until this. Straight guys are wrong about dude hotness, yeah, but in basically the exact opposite way to what you're saying. McGregor outclasses Boselli easily; it's short skinny quiet guys who are hot and straight guys overlook.

That said, everyone on Teen Wolf is hot. Pretty much without exception, and I'd be lying if I said that wasn't part of why I enjoy the show, even if it makes me shallow.
How dare you.

VegiHam

How dare you.

It's a personal preference, but I don't like the sort of resting facial expression he has. It's kind of 'I know I'm better than you don't even talk to me.' I bet if I met him in person I'd change my tune but the whole 'I am miserable and something smells bad' model look isn't for me.

It's a personal preference, but I don't like the sort of resting facial expression he has. It's kind of 'I know I'm better than you don't even talk to me.' I bet if I met him in person I'd change my tune but the whole 'I am miserable and something smells bad' model look isn't for me.
No worries, you can have Ewan. :)

If Pietro was my teacher, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. Have mercy.

VegiHam

Yeah, he was in the first two episodes. He was teaching Liam's history class and Malia for driver's ed.

Oh yeah! Forgot bout the history class.

Hey, you know what'd rock? Teen Wolf: Eternal Punishment. Scott and friends screw up and die, so Scott's mom, Stiles' dad, Kira's parents and the Vet have to save the world. Do it season 6!

Delio

rBQbWOx.png

yS4A8vf.jpg

XgAM5QH.jpg

PStIDw9.png

Ah he is perfection. As for the debate people all have different tastes. I mean I like skinny young looking guys as well and I know a lot of gay guys who don't like the same. So all a matter of what you like. That said...Theo can have me.

Oh yeah! Forgot bout the history class.

Hey, you know what'd rock? Teen Wolf: Eternal Punishment. Scott and friends screw up and die, so Scott's mom, Stiles' dad, Kira's parents and the Vet have to save the world. Do it season 6!
If we can do that without killing anyone, I'd love to see the parents take an even larger role, or even have their own dedicated subplot!

Melissa is the best. Her anchor scene still kills me.

Monocle

The test is next week. I hope you've been taking notes.

Pietro Boselli is 100% perfection. The fact that he's incredibly smart too just adds to his already unrelenting appeal.
Young, gorgeous, and a PhD. It's too much.

Let's get him on Teen Wolf. I'll text Jeff Davis.
Sounds like a plan! Let him know I'm available to consult on Pietro's outfits. He'll need sporty and functional attire, like an orange post-it note or a sprinkle of cake mix.

No worries, you can have Ewan. :)

If Pietro was my teacher, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. Have mercy.
Can you even imagine?

83MWw4T.jpg

Good luck with your education, lol.

This is definitely a different strokes situation. Which is fine. Different tastes = less competition. (Don't think I haven't prepared for a Hunger Games type of scenario where we battle for hunks.)

Delio

This is definitely a different strokes situation. Which is fine. Different tastes = less competition. (Don't think I haven't prepared for a Hunger Games type of scenario where we battle for hunks.)

I mean if it comes to this.

NewYork.knife-gif.gif

VegiHam

If we can do that without killing anyone, I'd love to see the parents take an even larger role, or even have their own dedicated subplot!

Melissa is the best. Her anchor scene still kills me.
Hmmm, how about Scott and freids are captured by someone evil for, say, three episodes. So their scenes can be them talking, sorting out whatever issues they have, Scott ruminating on being an Alpha and stuff. Meanwhile all the action and plot stuff goes to the Adults, who are the rescue party? That could be fun...
Now now, there's no need to be all reasonable and civil, this is clearly just a case of you being fundamentally wrong and needing correction. Hunger games on, fool :p

Monocle

I mean if it comes to this.
NewYork.knife-gif.gif
Now now, there's no need to be all reasonable and civil, this is clearly just a case of you being fundamentally wrong and needing correction. Hunger games on, fool :p
1SlgZ2x.gif

Well damn... I think I'm gonna have to start watching Teen Wolf now...

Five seasons, hmmm.
Do it! Aside from the rough start and the very occasional stumble, it's consistently good. Just understand that the show maintains a certain amount of camp and cheese throughout. You have to give it a bit of leeway to be laughable sometimes. The fights and effects are mostly hokey, but the cast chemistry is incredible and it only gets better as the show progresses, probably peaking in Season 3B.

For me the main draws of Teen Wolf are:

1) The fantastic cast. The actors are like a close-knit family in real life, especially Tyler Posey and Dylan O'Brien (who play Scott and Stiles), and trust me, this carries through in their performances. Expect some of the most authentic friendships and caring parental relationships to be found on TV. They're never sappy. One of the best things about this show is the way it respects the characters and the bonds they form with one another by portraying them as real human beings who grow from their experiences and remember their losses.

2) The fresh handling of very common teen romance and horror tropes. Teen Wolf takes the cliches you'd expect it to have and puts a humane, intelligent spin on them. Most importantly, the drama is balanced with a rich sense of humor.

3) The steady supply of dreamy hunks and shirtless scenes coupled with a rather sweet bromantic/homoerotic undertone that you can interpret however you like, whether it be uninhibited brotherly affection or something hotter.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

I'll let you all fight for the Teen Wolf hunks. I'm just going to go stake claim on the men of Sense8.

El Topo

Well damn... I think I'm gonna have to start watching Teen Wolf now...

Started the show a few days ago. Ridiculously cheesy, TV stupid and I feel I'm too old for this shit, but it's still pretty entertaining. Don't quite get the praise though.

Edit:
Cast is pretty great though. Even the supporting cast does a good job.

Kevyt

Started the show a few days ago. Ridiculously cheesy, TV stupid and I feel I'm too old for this shit, but it's still pretty entertaining. Don't quite get the praise though.

Edit:
Cast is pretty great though. Even the supporting cast does a good job.

Same here. Just watched some episodes and it was alright.

Good cast, and great acting. Though I also feel like I'm too old to be watching this show... xD

Is it bad that I still want Theo to join the pack even though he's fucked up
No, I feel the same.

He can be redeemed. The twins legit murdered innocent people, Theo only smashed his fake dad's hand. Scott can heal his dark soul. (Preferably through some sort of wet t-shirt contest.)

No, I feel the same.

He can be redeemed. The twins legit murdered innocent people, Theo only smashed his fake dad's hand. Scott can heal his dark soul. (Preferably through some sort of wet t-shirt contest.)
I forgot that one of the Twins actually killed Boyd lol.... I guess that means he can stick around hopefully.

Delio

No, I feel the same.

Now this is in my head. It better happen!

Monocle

I'll let you all fight for the Teen Wolf hunks. I'm just going to go stake claim on the men of Sense8.
I really need to check out that show at some point.

Good cast, and great acting. Though I also feel like I'm too old to be watching this show... xD
Good, good. Definitely stick with it. You've got to see Season 3 with the benefit of all the character building in the prior two seasons. It's really great.

Oh, and as long as all the hunks aren't literally harming your health with raised blood pressure or something, age shouldn't be an issue.

No, I feel the same.

Seems legit.

No really, that's exactly how it should go down.

nah fuck theo
I was totally with you here.

may his death be bloody and slow
And then you lost me completely!

El Topo

I've binge-watched a few episodes *cough*seasons*cough* during the past few days. I like the show, it's definitely entertaining, but there's some things that really stand out when you watch a ton of episodes in a row.
Two and a half seasons* in. Too bad according to OP
Lydia
is still alive. Someone please tell me she'll get less annoying. At least it seems if OP is to be believed they'll get rid of
Allison
at some point in some way.

Show is best when it doesn't take itself too seriously, like when there's a moustache-twirling villain or another (random) comedic segment with Stiles.

*Don't judge me. It's my free month of Amazon Prime Instant. Gotta make the most of it.

Great OT title, will join you guys (but i like to marathon, so i wont begin to watch it now)...

Now for my contribuition, i will bring a very important topic... rate Dylan!...
And yeah, this can be considered an stealth asking for nice photos for detective gaf ;)
Now talking more seriously, it's just me or Dylan muscles are really beggining to appear?

my image contribution is this "old" and i'm sure everybody already seen pic:

Top Bottom