• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen Wolf (Season 5) |OT| Watch your (six) pack.

Delio

tumblr_np8iombssE1qg2nwyo4_400.gif

Theo time.

I approve of this thread so much right now. Also can I say how much I love Mason's interaction with the group. Stiles inner circle remark put a smile on my face.

Monocle

I approve of this thread so much right now. Also can I say how much I love Mason's interaction with the group. Stiles inner circle remark put a smile on my face.
Yeah, Mason has an amusing dynamic with the group. It's fun to see his enthusiasm for the supernatural things everyone else is so used to. He's like an earnest little boy on Take Your Kid to Work Day.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Theo...OH LAWD

bMQo7CZ.gif

So far it feels better than last season. Could use some toned down Kira sword play that goes nowhere until...FIRE FOX appears!

Monocle

There goes Price Peterson, impressing me again with that cultural insight of his:

It's hard to impress on people just how rare it is that men are presented to the camera this way, without shame or apology, particularly compared to how much more frequently and without fanfare women are objectified. (And don't tell me that objectifying men is somehow just as bad as objectifying women, at least not until we've lived in a matriarchy for a few hundred years.)

[...]

When I hear people snicker about Teen Wolf's (honestly infrequent) shirtlessness or roll their eyes at its alleged homoeroticism (the presence of gay people and also men with shirts off equals "homoerotic" I guess), I feel like these reactions betray a discomfort the culture still has with male beauty, that it's somehow wrong or absurd or laughable to portray guys this way.

You should really read his whole photo recap for Episode 3, but here's the page the excerpt is from.

Monocle, page us if you're alive
What? Oh, I thought I told you guys already. Jackson caused me to literally melt halfway through Season 1, so I've actually been posting from beyond the grave for several years now.

I know what you're thinking, and the answer is yes: the risen dead can and do get boners.

Just look at him. Helpful and trustworthy. I hope he finds many opportunities to help in future episodes.

Oh, and, uh... I'm just going to leave this here.

8BIGiju.jpg

Kevyt

Kinda off topic here, but I just realized some guys on youtube that I think have amazing skin actually put on makeup. Jack Merridew admitted this.

Woah, like woah...

All this time I thought those people were blessed by Genetics™, and they're mere mortals like any of us!

Woah.

So here I'm thinking that some of the hunks have near flawless perfect skin but what if they also put on makeup? Mind blown.

Sorry for derailing! :p

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
All caught up, very much enjoying the fact that the cast have learnt to actually win a fight because I was ready to get very pissy when I though everyone was going to lose to that harpy eagle clawed guy
Kira powering up is pretty cool, looked like something out of a fighting game. I wonder what more it will entail
Love the masked villains, and really enjoying the interactions between everyone, although I will say they need to slow down a little with the amount of people they are introducing because it is getting a little hard to follower who's what and why

I know half this thread is talk about how hot the cast are, but it must be said that Theo is mighty fine.

Delio

Season 6 with half the cast in College. Or they shift focus to Liam at the end of this all. I wonder how a Season six will go.

Season is good in a vacuum, but pretty bad when you take it in context of the whole series.

I would probably stop watching if it wasn't for Stiles and Malia.

The entire episode was wasted revealing a few minor details to the characters... details that the audience already knew.

I feel like this first part of Season 5 is going to be more about Theo and his antics rather than the Dread Doctors. I mean, yeah, the DDs are still going to be there but it seems like Theo is going to cause problems inside Scott's pack and that's what Part A is going to focus on

I feel like this first part of Season 5 is going to be more about Theo and his antics rather than the Dread Doctors. I mean, yeah, the DDs are still going to be there but it seems like Theo is going to cause problems inside Scott's pack and that's what Part A is going to focus on

So one episode of plot stretched to an entire season?

What a damn mess.

Monocle

Damn, just look at that cast. I'm surprised they didn't collectively burn a hole through the floor. Maybe they already did, and they had to have the shoot in the basement.

Season is good in a vacuum, but pretty bad when you take it in context of the whole series.

I would probably stop watching if it wasn't for Stiles and Malia.

The entire episode was wasted revealing a few minor details to the characters... details that the audience already knew.
It wasn't a waste. We got to see a lot of newer characters carry important scenes. The episode is full of effective character building. It proved that the show can work without always relying on longtime cast members.

I'm more or less paraphrasing Price Peterson here. You should really check out his photo recap for Episode 3.

It wasn't a waste. We got to see a lot of newer characters carry important scenes. The episode is full of effective character building. It proved that the show can work without always relying on longtime cast members.

I'm more or less paraphrasing Price Peterson here. You should really check out his photo recap for Episode 3.
I feel like you are trying to justify the episode, rather than the episode justifying itself.

You could do all the things you listed and have an actual plot that moves forward in a satisfying way. Not to mention that the only new character that is actually working, Malia, is only working in the context of her relationship with Stiles.

"Look, we used new characters!" =/= Good

So one episode of plot stretched to an entire season?

What a damn mess.
Well I mean Stiles
maybe killing someone
, Kira
going haywire
, Liam
turning on Scott
among other things are pretty big deals honestly. I mean, none of those have anything to do with Theo but what I'm trying to say is that this part is more about Scott's pack being challenged. Hence the "Watch Your Pack" I guess :v

Monocle

I feel like you are trying to justify the episode, rather than the episode justifying itself.

You could do all the things you listed and have an actual plot that moves forward in a satisfying way. Not to mention that the only new character that is actually working, Malia, is only working in the context of her relationship with Stiles.

"Look, we used new characters!" =/= Good
I thought the episode justified itself for the reason I mentioned. Also, I enjoyed it. However, Theo didn't get naked even once, so I'm forced to rate it 1.5/10.

We will see. I am not seeing this plot moving at all, and I am not digging the new characters at all.

Flat and lame, just like the plot lines they are filling.

Monocle

Season 6 already confirmed? Nice.
It just hit me. If Season 6 takes place when the pack are settling into college... do you know what that means? College students! A whole new world of hunks.

Not to reduce the show to something voyeuristic or tawdry. We can also look forward to all the new challenges and situations the characters will encounter. All the rippling, tanned, hormone crazed situations.

Oh my god I'm reading that there might be an
Otherworld
in the Teen Wolf universe. I wonder if Jeff and co. could pull off something like that

Monocle

I wouldn't want Allison to come back unless she was fundamentally changed, like if she returned as a deceptive creature who uses her original persona to mess with Scott's pack. It would be weird for the Allison we remember to be reintegrated with the group.

Tokubetsu

I wouldn't want Allison to come back unless she was fundamentally changed, like if she returned as a deceptive creature who uses her original persona to mess with Scott's pack. It would be weird for the Allison we remember to be reintegrated with the group.

Pull an Angel season 5 heart punch...

Delio

I'd go for it.

Top Bottom