• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teeny Titans |OT| Teen Titans Go Amiibo (mobile)

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Kept meaning to grab this, and finally tonight was the night with the new update. Love this style of game, so I'm excited to sink my teeth into it.

Also, since I saw you guys hinting at more big projects, I hope your next project involves Mighty Magisworss. That show was made to have a sweet tie-in game.

We did discuss a MM project a year or two ago with CN, but we ended up on other things instead. Woulda been fun though... we were brainstorming a crazy roguelike for it.

Hope you enjoy Teeny Titans and thanks for the support!

Ultimadrago

Maybe it's just me, but it feels like Dodge occurs much more often now.

Maybe it's just the Sadness of having my attack dodged getting to me. Lol

Ultimadrago

So, I just finished getting all the new figures.

The new figures are (Spoilers):
Blue Beetle, Black Manta, Alfred, Artemis, Killer Croc, Harley Quinn and Bizarro Superman

The JLA Hero Hall has
FIFTY
levels for you to pass before unlocking the final figure. Here are the JLA Hall Ending Spoilery Spoilers

It was fun to fight through the floors and I respect that you can clear Normal or Intense for experience. That way, if Intense is just too difficult, you can always make experience through Normal. However, more Exp is required the further you get, so you will want to take advantage of the Intense multiplier when you can.

General tips (which may or may not have been intended by the developers):

#1. The Bonus exp. you get through the multipliers count for all matches. This means it's easier to clear 5 Normal matches and then go on to clearing Intense matches to have the Max 5x Experience on top of the increased Intense Bonus. This beats going through 5 Intense matches and winning simply to get the 5x multiplier. '

#2. If you run into a Random Gimmick that you feel will make a bad matchup, you may exit the Character Select Screen and still keep your multiplier (without it counting as Quitting, which resets it to 0 if you lose or ditch mid-match). This is very useful when running Intense matches back-to-back. It doesn't guarantee that luck won't work against you, but you can see who you're fighting against and the power chosen ahead of time and choose to "Reroll", if need be.

#3. This is more personal preference, but here's a short list of Random Match Gimmicks I found myself choosing and avoiding (for Intense Mode):

- Choose: Chatter Teeth, Everybody Dance, Tofu Mania

- Avoid: Waffles~ Waffles~ Waffles~, Mr. Freeze, Random

- Mixed: Hot Potato (this can be extremely useful for facing Intense enemies with high health, but if you have one too many stuns or close calls it can mean the end for your anchor). Choose with caution. The AI is made to actually play the game, so always assume they will. Also, don't play against Raven, who will use the most of her Curse effect to slow down your bar!

Big Boss (this entirely relies on moveset. Some bosses use their huge health advantage to power through you and spam quick, powerful attacks. Others have middling movesets that won't really get in the way of yoru strategy. Choose matchups accordingly. Some will surprise you.

These just worked for me. Your results may vary.

Main Team for JLA: Trigon as lead, Hooded Hood and
Killer Croc

Thanks for the update, MrCheez! I can only guess y'all are moving onto your next project at this point, but this was great. I'll keep an eye out for whatever it is.

Ultimadrago

I just now found the GO Chip. Mind blown! You can get a battle bar bonus from pressing on GO! at the start of the battle? Can't believe I never did that.

The new content is really fun! Having a blast, and I love that the harder difficulty room is actually pretty difficult sometimes!

Also, a
Superman
fig is teased by Robin when he starts doing the challenge and well....DON'T LET ME DOWN NOW

Ultimadrago

The new content is really fun! Having a blast, and I love that the harder difficulty room is actually pretty difficult sometimes!

Also, a
Superman
fig is teased by Robin when he starts doing the challenge and well....DON'T LET ME DOWN NOW

You'll see!

Artemis is the 2nd JL Challenge figure.

Blah, I knew I would forget to type somebody, had every intention of writing them, but didn't. Thanks!

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
So glad you guys are enjoying :)

Nice tips and strats, Ultimadrago -- thanks for posting! We came super close to preventing being able to "re-roll" the challenges, but ultimately decided to throw players a bone and give at least a *little* choice in that mode, if they really disliked some of the challenge twists. Hopefully people mix it up and try all of them at least every once in awhile :)

Permanently A

I started replaying this game yesterday, its such a blast. I can't wait for Save The Light, but I hope you guys at Grumpyface get a chance at a 3DS or Switch game with Teeny Titans. It's just so much fun to collect them! And the battle system is way more interesting to me than Pokemon for some reason.

Top Bottom