• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teeny Titans |OT| Teen Titans Go Amiibo (mobile)

PSFan

Uuh, after getting out of the garbage universe following how many episodes? Yeah, not really. She still isn't owed any extra figures.

She's been in four episodes so far, five if you count both episodes in the two parter. She recurs practically as much as Trigon does, who incidentally also got two figures.

Ultimadrago

I absolutely hate the Flash Sale game. It's the one thing in the game I actively avoid. Robin's movements are too spastic and he doesn't react well to swipes. Just not a fun mini game, at all.

I haven't played it but once since the update. The layout still wasn't too sound. Perhaps it simply increased the chances of getting a decent one?

okno

I haven't played it but once since the update. The layout still wasn't too sound. Perhaps it simply increased the chances of getting a decent one?

I got the 10 ticket challenge on the same day of the update, but I haven't noticed any difference in the ticket placements compared to the 7 ticket challenge, which was already enough of a pain in the ass. My biggest problem with the game is how fast Robin moves. I would rather it be his normal speed with more time on the clock. It would amount to the same thing, in the end, but I would at least understand any faults would be my own and not because Robin didn't turn left, because he moves too fast, when I swiped multiple times right before I wanted to turn that way.

ZeroX03

Banned
Uh no, she's been on a lot more than Sticky Joe. And she also recently became friends with Raven and a member of the "Girl's Night Out" group, with Rose and Jinx. So I'd say she has a lot more relevance than Sticky Joe.

And yes, I mean in tandem with her history.

And she's evolved way beyond that since the 80s, but TTGo set her back a long way.

A kid's comedy show set her back? Really?

Sticky Joe got extra figs because he's a fan favorite of the dev. They were very time restricted as to what they could add and things got cut. That was all posted in this thread.

okno

This is exactly what keeps happening to me during the Flash Sale game since the update:

DP4cIXo.jpg

PSFan

This is exactly what keeps happening to me during the Flash Sale game since the update:

DP4cIXo.jpg

Guys, the trick to moving Robin is not to swipe, but tap where you want him to go. He will move automatically to wherever you tap. And if you see ticket icons tap those. Also try to avoid the slowdowns and get the speed boosts and just tap.

ZeroX03

Banned
Post update I've been able to get 10 tickets pretty consistently. They give you +2 seconds and you can cover 2 sections of the map if you don't get slowed down.

Updated the game which solved my Beast Boy quest glitch.

Recommended game from me. Funny, interesting and addictive. Didn't find the swipe or touch controls for Robin that great but that's possibly because I barely play mobile games, but then I see a couple here don't seem keen on it either.

Tabby

Alright I finished the story, only 5 more figures to collect but I don't know who they are or where to find them so I'm probably done with this.

edit: Okay I lied I collected them all.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Re: Flash Sale game: even post update, there looks to be a bug going on with the randomized placement. There's something in place that restricts how far away and how spread out these tickets can be that unfortunately doesn't seem to always be working.

So although I can confirm it is possible to get 10 or above on most attempts, unfortunately it won't be possible on some runs. We'll be addressing as soon as we can.

Re: Flash Sale game: even post update, there looks to be a bug going on with the randomized placement. There's something in place that restricts how far away and how spread out these tickets can be that unfortunately doesn't seem to always be working.

So although I can confirm it is possible to get 10 or above on most attempts, unfortunately it won't be possible on some runs. We'll be addressing as soon as we can.

Glad I'm not crazy and just have poor luck haha. Thanks for addressing this!

ZeroX03

Banned

Tabby

MrCheez

Congrats on getting to continue expand on the game! Hope it's doing well, you deserve it.

Thanks!! Appreciate that :)

Continued support? Can't say I saw that coming but that's pretty cool; game was more fun that I expected.

Yeah, we're never sure if we'll be able to do it either, especially since not only do we jump straight from project to project, but we typically have more than one going simultaneously. (We have another VERY BIG thing unrelated to TT in the works right now, actually). Very happy to say that Teeny Titans has been so well received that all parties agreed it made sense to keep it going!

In addition to some new content, we've got more bugfixes and character balance on the way. We've been trying to use this extra time to patch a few things up and make the game better than before!

MrCheez

Any news on that Harley update~?

Heya! Thanks for asking

Hoping to maybe reveal some new details next week... and as for release timing: it should be around sometime next month.

Lots of cool things being added. Although the new stuff will be able to be enjoyed by all players, the main focus of the update is to add some nice content for those who have completed the game. (And to have it be more challenging than the current content, too!)

MrCheez

Got some new stuff for you guys on that content update! It's coming next month, and we just posted a preview of one of the big new features (the JLA Challenge Mode!) here: http://grumpyfacestudios.blogspot.com/2016/08/coming-soon-to-teeny-titans-challenge.html

There's various other additions to this update too not mentioned there (including new figs, of course!)

One other big thing I wanted to tease: we've been working on a very hefty balance/tuning pass. There's been some pretty major changes and improvements implemented, such as various effects that were previously static across the game will now scale with your figure's stats (such as tofu, heroic pose, DoTs, etc), stuns now having diminishing returns when used back to back, and finally a new method for how we handle power upgrades and the way those upgrades distribute damage across your abilities (it now takes into account ability bar position, ensuring 2nd and 3rd slot abilities becomes more powerful as you reach higher levels!)

Ultimadrago

Wow! That is more than I was expecting. A Challenge Mode in particular sounds great! Any rewards for reaching certain milestones in the JLA Challenge Mode? ;)

Coppanuva

Got some new stuff for you guys on that content update! It's coming next month, and we just posted a preview of one of the big new features (the JLA Challenge Mode!) here: http://grumpyfacestudios.blogspot.com/2016/08/coming-soon-to-teeny-titans-challenge.html

There's various other additions to this update too not mentioned there (including new figs, of course!)

One other big thing I wanted to tease: we've been working on a very hefty balance/tuning pass. There's been some pretty major changes and improvements implemented, such as various effects that were previously static across the game will now scale with your figure's stats (such as tofu, heroic pose, DoTs, etc), stuns now having diminishing returns when used back to back, and finally a new method for how we handle power upgrades and the way those upgrades distribute damage across your abilities (it now takes into account ability bar position, ensuring 2nd and 3rd slot abilities becomes more powerful as you reach higher levels!)

Oh awesome! I actually just started playing it on my way to work this morning (had it on my phone since around launch just never had time to start playing until now), loving it so far. Think these additions would make more sense to just wait for and play more after it launches?

MrCheez

The new content update will be on display at PAX West 2016! If you're attending, be sure to stop by the Cartoon Network Games / Adult Swim Games room to check it out :)

CrTTmSTUEAAPNa9.jpg

That super mysterious silhouette belongs to one of the new figures being shown ;)

The new content update will be on display at PAX West 2016! If you're attending, be sure to stop by the Cartoon Network Games / Adult Swim Games room to check it out :)

CrTTmSTUEAAPNa9.jpg

That super mysterious silhouette belongs to one of the new figures being shown ;)

Blue Beetle!! Awesome!! It's a great time to be a Blue Beetle fan. Is the update still going live this month?

kyser73

I'm amazed at the critical commentary about a cartoon clearly aimed at under-10s and which has its tongue completely in it's cheek.

'TTGo set her character back' I mean FFS. My 6&3 year old kids adore this show, and comic fans are taking it seriously?

Will have to nvrstigate the game tho - what's the reading ability level? Thinking of getting it for my daughter.

MrCheez

Thanks so much :)

Quick heads-up: CN is running a PAX flash sale for the game. Today and tomorrow only its $1 on all storefronts ! ($3 off!)

VeeP

Any news if the game will receive cloud save? I would love to play on my iPad without starting over.

MrCheez

Blue Beetle!! Awesome!! It's a great time to be a Blue Beetle fan. Is the update still going live this month?

You called it, btw! Here's a new full preview:

Blue-Beetle_4MB.gif

The new free content update still coming before the end of the month -- will confirm the exact date as soon as I have clearance. :)

Any news if the game will receive cloud save? I would love to play on my iPad without starting over.

The game does include cloud saving -- try qutting to the title screen on your original device, then closing, then booting up on the new device. Also ensure both devices have the same setup in your device settings (ie, both should have the same setting for "iCloud Documents")

VeeP

You called it, btw! Here's a new full preview:

Blue-Beetle_4MB.gif

The new free content update still coming before the end of the month -- will confirm the exact date as soon as I have clearance. :)

The game does include cloud saving -- try qutting to the title screen on your original device, then closing, then booting up on the new device. Also ensure both devices have the same setup in your device settings (ie, both should have the same setting for "iCloud Documents")

Awesome. Just tried it. Thanks for letting me know.

MrCheez

the free content update is out this Thursday! It makes the game bigger, better, more balanced... we are really excited about it!

Also, there's this guy:

Alfred_GIF_4MB.gif

MrCheez

The update is now available! Check out some Patch Notes:

TEENY TITANS – v1.1.0 Content Update
Patch Notes – 9/21/16

NEW CONTENT & FEATURES:

- 7 NEW FIGS TO COLLECT including Harley Quinn, Blue Beetle, Alfred, and more! (3 of the new figs are exclusive to the new Challenge Mode!)

- NEW CHALLENGE MODE! Visit the Justice League Recruitment Center today to see if you have what it takes to join the world’s most renowned super team! Featuring all randomized opponents and 9 Special Battle Types (like “Mr. Freeze’s Skill Chill” and “Crazy Tofu Mode”!) and the very scary INTENSE DOOR, designed to challenge even a fully maxed-out team! (NOTE: The JLA Recruitment Center will not unlock until after completing the Shady District Tournament)

- The new challenge mode adds a new ranking system! Improve your standing with the Justice League and earn rewards along the way! There are 10 Titles and Badges to achieve, but the rank # you can reach is endless!

- New sidequests and emails added (note: some of these are only available in the later half of the game)

- New Team Comp Bonuses! Running all villains? You get a stat bonus in battle for that! Picking multiple Young Justice characters? BAM -- Bonus!

- Made a change where previously one-off special figures received from special quests (like Red Arrow and Santa Claus) can now appear normally in toy stores after you’ve initially unlocked them. There are now no longer any one-off figures in the game (so you’re not out of luck if you pawned one or fed it to Silkie!)

- 7 New Achievements have been added!

- New 3D Battle Arena: The Hall of Justice!

TWEAKS AND BALANCE CHANGES:

- Upgrading a figure’s “Power” now scales the damage increase depending on each ability’s’ bar-position, rather than increasing damage equally to every ability across the board. This ensures that “2nd slot” and “3rd slot” abilities are no longer outpaced in effectiveness by “1st slot” damage abilities during late-game. (And it means you’ll notice your last-slot abilities now do a LOT more damage!) (*These changes are automatically/retroactively applied to players who've already upgraded their characters)

- Health upgrades now increase HP by 6 instead of 3, and later game enemies have also received health increases, to bring health more in line with the newly stronger abilities. Figure health cap has also been increased from 50 to 75 (*These changes are automatically/retroactively applied to players who've already upgraded their characters)

- “Heroic Pose”, “Damage Over Time” abilities, “Beat Box Buffs” and Power-Down abilities now all scale up with power upgrades. This ensures these abilities are much more viable late-game than before

- Tofu Effects now scale up slightly in the later game to ensure they are more useful

- Later game enemies and tournaments have had their difficulty somewhat increased

- The health penalty of the “Battery Drain” ability now scales up with player health. The “Mind Control” ability now only drains half the health of the damage it deals (rather than 1:1)

- The “Curse” ability (bar slow down) has been buffed to be more effective and noticeable

- The amount of XP it takes to climb from level 1 to level 20 on a figure has been slightly increased overall

- “Stun” abilities now have diminishing returns if used back to back

- Improved enemy Artificial Intelligence

- Some figures have had their stats and abilities slightly tuned or adjusted

BUG FIXES:

- Fixed a big issue where a small percentage of players would have their game stop functioning and experience a crash/freeze before the Title Screen

- Fixed a bug that was preventing the Flash Sale Race from adding more tickets when new areas of the map were unlocked (making it harder to complete the further in the game you were). Players should now be able to more reliably get high scores in this minigame

- Fixed some issues where the two Ice Cream missions would contradict (getting an ice cream cone for Guy In Line and another for the Giant Clam), causing one to not be completable

- Fixed an issue where sometimes Beast Boy would not give his final quest

- Various other crash and bug fixes. If you do still encounter any problems, please contact us at support@grumpyface.net and we will be happy to help. Thank you!

Ultimadrago

I believe CN will be releasing one, though don't have any details right at the moment. Though not as good as a trailer, we did do a small preview article of the challenge mode here: http://grumpyfacestudios.blogspot.com/2016/08/coming-soon-to-teeny-titans-challenge.html

Thanks! Also having seen your post above, I'm going to try to get a taste of this Huge update before going to sleep~

Edit: Is the update live on Android yet? I'm not finding any of the changes.

MrCheez

Thanks! Also having seen your post above, I'm going to try to get a taste of this Huge update before going to sleep~

Edit: Is the update live on Android yet? I'm not finding any of the changes.

Just realized myself that unfortunately, nope, looks like only iOS for now. Android should either be updating in the next few hours, or sometime tomorrow morning. Sorry about that! :/

Kept meaning to grab this, and finally tonight was the night with the new update. Love this style of game, so I'm excited to sink my teeth into it.

Also, since I saw you guys hinting at more big projects, I hope your next project involves Mighty Magisworss. That show was made to have a sweet tie-in game.

Top Bottom