• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEH FIANAL LOVDOWN. shufflemoveto the infooplace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

This certainly panned out for the interesting. PS4 actually ending up having a paywall was... surprising. Not in a good way, mind. I thought insiders debunked the notion once Thuway said he heard there'd be one.

Drek

The accuracy of the buttocks remains unquestioned. All no Mirror's Edge 2 and PoP say to me is that they slipped, not that buttocks was wrong.

This was effectively substantiated by EA announcing that Mirror's Edge 2 is in development but "ready when it's ready". Which sounds like EA is making DICE prioritize Starwars: Battlefront. By the time it's ready to be shown MS probably won't be as willing to pay EA for the favor of not mentioning PS4.

Septimius

The only thing that hasn't come true (aside from PoP, and with the Dead Rising 3 from last year, I still believe) is that MS DRM is actually worse than we know it. I wonder how.

Tagg9

Why is everyone congratulating Cboat? Half the predictions haven't even panned out...

Correct: 3/11
- Confirmed Microsoft is actively attempting to get developers to not mention PS4 versions
- Secret Phil Spencer game = World of Tanks
- Live paywall still there

Sort of Correct: 2/11
- Dead Rising 3, and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game at MS conference (No exclusive DLC unless I missed something?)
- Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference (WRONG - EA's conference)

Incorrect: 3/11
- Prince of Persia (reboot?) at MS conference
- No online paywall for PS4
- No DRM info for PS4

Unknown: 4/11
- More DRM messaging at Gamescom
- Cloud power was designed as DRM
- DRM plans are actually worse than what they've stated

Of those that were correct, I'd say 3/5 could be easily guessed (Dead Rising 3 already heavily rumored, Mirror's Edge 2 already leaked, Live paywall is common sense). The only truly original leak was World of Tanks.

Leezard

Why is everyone congratulating Cboat? Half the predictions haven't even panned out...

- Confirmed Microsoft is actively attempting to get developers to not mention PS4 versions

- Dead Rising 3, and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game at MS conference (No exclusive DLC unless I missed something?)

- No DRM info for PS4

Of those that were correct, I'd say 3/5 could be easily guessed (Dead Rising 3 already heavily rumored, Mirror's Edge 2 already leaked, Live paywall is common sense). The only truly original leak was World of Tanks.
I wouldn't say those two were incorrect. Cboat said he did not have confirmation on these two.

Loudninja

- No DRM info for PS4

Eh?

Look ME2 was announced it does not matter where it was, he did not have any information on Sony at all so dont know why you are quoting those.

- No DRM info for PS4

Are you for real?
1) What does it matter where it was announced? He was still right that it would be.
2) He specifically said that he couldn't confirm that bit.
3) Read his fucking post. He specifically said that he didn't know whether they'd have DRM or not.
4) Anyone with half a brain can see through Microsoft's BS.
5) Yeah, and who started those rumours? CBOAT.

Shingro

On the plus side, considering the emergency meetings that Microsoft must have called after getting slammed so hard, they might start trying to back away from DRM all together.

That won't be a strike against Cboat, it'll just be that The Future Has Changed

Zukuu

Banned
On the plus side, considering the emergency meetings that Microsoft must have called after getting slammed so hard, they might start trying to back away from DRM all together.

They won't. It would be a total annihilation, even more than now. They would lose their face on top.

Leezard

Chrono Boat confirmed as the next title in the Chrono series.

velociraptor

They actually straight up lifted SimCity's bullshit "cloud processing" excuse.

I like how Dan Greenawalt went from using the 'power of cloud processing' to run Forza to simply using 'cloud power' to create human-based A.I. - which any game with an internet connection could do.

So yes, the 'infinite power of the cloud' is complete bollocks.

artist

Banned

- No DRM info for PS4

Yes, your axe is blunt.

solarus

Look, anything that didn't happen, will fucking happen at some point. It's CBOAT. He randomly showed a remember me gif ages ago and we didn't have a clue what it was.

- No DRM info for PS4

Yes, by CBOAT. He was the first to announce that Dead Rising 3 exists lol.

Septimius

- No DRM info for PS4

Dead Rising 3 was confirmed by cboat. ME2 at EA, sure, but so? He said "PoP regurgitation" - who knows. After Dead Rising 3 last year, I see no reason not to trust this.

He said "online pay wall for PS4? Nope, can't confirm". He said he didn't know about Sony, since they're apparently something something virgin mosquito. Also, he just confirmed that MS are buying the developers not saying it's for PS4. He didn't say anything about DRM on PS4.

So, we have some unconfirmed and a bunch of confirmed. Cboat delivers.

Eusis

I wouldn't say those two were incorrect. Cboat said he did not have confirmation on these two.
Yeah, he said he was unsure about the lack of paywall, and to be honest I wonder if in a sense it was more that Sony didn't really HAVE anything new to say to anyone. They said offline would be allowed, and used would be allowed though publishers may want to do their own thing and Sony won't stop them (just look at MMOs as a type of game that essentially does what we feared, activate to one account and always online, but as a necessity of game design) ages ago, it's just that they must've seen Microsoft being dumb and gone "what the fu-wait, we could capitalize on this" and just bombastically repeated themselves to make it clear their stance didn't have any DRM catches or anything else.

On that note, man, we'd be really ripping into Sony over requiring an online paywall instead of celebrating a lack of DRM if Microsoft didn't screw up so badly there, huh?

As for PoP: haven't pictures of a possible reboot floated around in the past? It seems like it definitely exists, just that they're unsure of the form, possibly to the point of rebooting a few times, even shortly before E3.

GamerJM

Banned
I think the fact that CBOAT got DR3, ME2, and World of Tanks is pretty much a leak.

The whole intentional DRM thing is very telling though since we can now assume that to be true. I'm still guessing about how it could possibly worse. One thing that ran through my head is that MS could have a 15 year plan in mind, where they could be planning to make your Xbox One games unplayable a couple years after the successor comes out, and then they have to tell everyone to buy the Xbox Two, where you can rebuy all of your Xbox One games digitally.

Eusis

Yea! I think hey even said during the press conference that it was exclusive to Xbox.
Well, games like MGSV took awhile to know for sure they'd be on PS4 as well, and in turn FFXV/KHIII were shown off at Sony's then revealed the next day they weren't actually PS4 exclusive. So basically the same shit cutting both ways, there were actually probably more examples of PS4 fake exclusives than X1 fake exclusives, I guess it was just a tighter ship at Sony for staying quiet about paying for showing off those games at their press conference.

sixclaws

Banned
Yea! I think hey even said during the press conference that it was exclusive to Xbox.

The press conference said that it was coming to Xbox 360 and Xbox One first, the actual site has PS3 listed as a platform. It's probably likely that it's coming to PS4 also at some point.

nib95

Banned
I think he was right on every point bar the Prince of Persia thing, unless that was confused with something we didn't see much of, eg the Black Tusk game which looked like it could be of that ilk. Other than that, he was pretty spot on.

Perkel

Banned
I don't think this makes the DRM itself worse. When everyone first heard about it, it was sorta assumed supported regions would be limited, as opposed to supporting everything out there. This might not even be a DRM-specific decision.

Yes but without DRM this wouldn't be an issue. With my x360 I don't need to activate any game in Poland.

miso_Jeff

Banned
Well, games like MGSV took awhile to know for sure they'd be on PS4 as well, and in turn FFXV/KHIII were shown off at Sony's then revealed the next day they weren't actually PS4 exclusive. So basically the same shit cutting both ways, there were actually probably more examples of PS4 fake exclusives than X1 fake exclusives, I guess it was just a tighter ship at Sony for staying quiet about paying for showing off those games at their press conference.

I don't think Sony said it would be exclusive at the pressconference and CBOAT's rumor was the MS was paying 3rd parties to not say anything about PS4 versions. Did you really expect Sony, or even MS, at their own press conference would go out of their way to say said game is also coming to thier competitor? "Warch Dogs will be ready as a PS4 launch title... it's also coming to the Xbox one"

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I am confused at the PoP prediciton still. Was that Titanfall?

Either it was pulled (which happens constantly, and considering Ubisoft's list of more mainstream titles already planned to show, not surprising) or CBOAT/ CBOAT's sources only saw the beginning of the Halo trailer and confused it for PoP.

Either it was pulled (which happens constantly, and considering Ubisoft's list of more mainstream titles already planned to show, not surprising) or CBOAT/ CBOAT's sources only saw the beginning of the Halo trailer and confused it for PoP.

CBOAT wasn't the only one expecting Prince of Persia.

Giant Bomb seemed pretty positive there would be a Prince of Persia as well.

Quite possible that Ubi changed it up.

I don't see why COAT couldnt be wrong, or have outdated information and this family share STILL not be as good as it was cracked up to be.

I will say it once again :- Any manufacturer who is going to lock their console down for the benefit of publishers is not going to then turn around and hand out said publishers games for free. Its fucking nonsense.

Furthermore, this family share plan seems to only be a huge hit with PC gamers. Not a single fuck seems to be given about the millions round the world who would have gimped devices because a minority are too lazy to get up and change a disc.

I really don't give a fuck about your 500 game steam library. You don't play the majority of them and half of them you have only bought because they were dirt cheap. I don't see why on earth the rest of the world should suffer for your lack of impulse control and short attention span.

Aceofspades

Banned
^_^ confiemed micresft actively attemptbuyinr PS44FOUR nonmetnions. IF y dont explifitly here 3rdparty say OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE confdinetly assuem Ps4 version is avabilelbe behind scenes. #truthfact

^_^ stag2 indethpth drm mesaging a@t gamescom. rental stretegy is no stratgy, nolpan for support, just watnt o keep quiet. nontalk execs! beacuse mesaging isnt done. stagae1 waslast Tursyfday...clusterfuktotal

^_^ cloudpower=praroleofficer. desined from day1@s DRM. peirod. uknoo this alreyad thogh.,, MS idaea. aproached third parties wplan not otherway around. EA/Ubi bigest boostrs but lesa Activbliz whcih makes mye haed fulll of weird#!

^_^ ONE drm tos plans iws worse than you know. asmnow btw but I can;t get cororobating proof frrorm my fpeoples. theyr sadcared for jobs. it s com*ing tho IT IS COMING ):

^_^ MEedge2 at MS conf. langlewdell not mkaign an appearnce.

^_^ princeofpersian retgurgiate. for msfconf

^_^ sspecial sekrit Philupspensergame/? - world of banks frmo warmggamin.et

^_^ LIVEpaywallfirm like myb utocks in place for ONEE!1 f2p? sorury.

^_^ deadreising3 and exclcusive DLC for other capcpom game

^_^ onlingamingpayo.w.-allklk for Sony? ahha nope.noconfirm

^_^ sonty rapped up tighterrea than Virgin mosquito when on drm istuf. Frustartin!g myinfogloves!

Fianl things bef0re I hbieranate onte.h sleptime for ahwile.

1. aAll praisee neogaf
2. athanku alLL doubtersn ivirals, youre bitter tearzr are my bidet
3. be nice to mrajor nelson, he has ijob to do. like al snow
4. my balls, my wordd

cya

My head hurt 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom