• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEH FIANAL LOVDOWN. shufflemoveto the infooplace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Con_Smith

Banned
People keep forgetting that Sony also has a powerful 1st party that they can utilize as well as studios that do decent work with them pretty exclusively. Also their indie initiative has been pretty well known as well so saying sony will have nothing because of Microsoft is just foolish. They can sizzle reel multiplats focus on big names, showcase indies, update on the games we previously knew and then show off the box. This is really Sonys game to loose and Microsoft has made it pretty damn hard these past few weeks.

My question is if they are truly gonna bs the public with money hatted exclusive first looks, whats to make of those 15 platform exclusives? If they aren't strong enough to combat sony then anyone still considering a one better be worried.

F MS. F XBONE.

This is awful, awful news. Worst case scenario here folks, fuck anyone preemptively that supports this abortion of consumer rights.

No, they really can't

Depends what he means. In terms of not mentioning "not exclusives" they almost certainly could, Microsoft isn't going to spend that much on that, their shareholders would lynch them. In terms of subsidizing a console or game prices for lock in purposes or buying a whole bunch of new exclusives, yeah Sony wouldn't have a chance in heck of matching MS in that.

This just seems to crazy... I would have been able to live with the other stuff, but this is a bridge to far and I ca say that unless there is some sort of miracle game on this system, I will not buy one.

Not one friend or family member of mine that is a gamer has cared about the Xbox One reveal that they need internet or the DRM. Not one outside of gaf. I have a feeling Microsoft is banking on public approval hence: NO Q&A's, NO ROUNDTABLES.

Depends what he means. In terms of not mentioning "not exclusives" they almost certainly could, Microsoft isn't going to spend that much on that, their shareholders would lynch them. In terms of subsidizing a console or game prices for lock in purposes or buying a whole bunch of new exclusives, yeah Sony wouldn't have a chance in heck of matching MS in that.

agreed. I mentioned that Microsoft doesn't really have the marketshare to outright buy exclusives.The same goes for Sony. the market is split in half and extremely segmented by territory. It doesn't make a lot of sense for third party games to ignore half the market, unless they're really niche.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Not one friend or family member of mine that is a gamer has cared about the Xbox One reveal that they need internet or the DRM. Not one outside of gaf. I have a feeling Microsoft is banking on public approval hence: NO Q&A's, NO ROUNDTABLES.

They don't understand and don't want to. Which is fine, they aren't as into the details as we are. I expect many will realise too late when they try and trade something in, or wonder why gamefly isn't renting Xbox stuff. And the potential backlash could be huge.

I hope so anyway. If the majority just roll over and let MS tickle their bellies then I give up

Calantus

Exactly, they don't care about the informed. They are relying on the ignorant masses.

Why bother paying to have devs no mention a PS4 version? They might get more hype today but by the time everything launches we'll know what's up.

The people who pay attention to E3 will see through this, and the ones that don't won't know or care.

I think you underestimate the general public

CHC

Money-hatting announcements is pretty worthless in the long run; feels like a waste of money.

All about building the hype and dazzling the consumer. If they can get people overwhelmed by all the games they have they'll think of it as the best console even if the games are available elsewhere....

Same reason that E3 itself always seems so exciting and like there are more games than previous years even though most of the games individually will not really be that great.

Why bother paying to have devs no mention a PS4 version? They might get more hype today but by the time everything launches we'll know what's up.

The people who pay attention to E3 will see through this, and the ones that don't won't know or care.

Yeah, specially if the yield rumours are true, if true Sony could launch earlier with some of those games.

blertydcqaamgkfffy41.jpg

I love how it's all where will you bring your Xbox?

Best hope that your campfire has internet too kiddo.

Dead Man

I remember when companies used to set out to make a really good, appealing product. Then people would buy that product and the company would get rich.

What happened?

They figured out there was more profit in being shitheads as long as they were clever about it.

Every single negative rumor has come true. Fuck, we haven't even heard of the worst yet.

Amazing, looking back 6 months ago.

What's really amazing to me is that there are still people defending and throwing doubt on all of it.

but yet every time something horrible has been rumored, it ended up be almost exactly true.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Money-hatting announcements is pretty worthless in the long run; feels like a waste of money.

The information war is extremely important to MS. Their hardware is significantly weaker, they need to frame their policies as beneficial to the consumer, and they need to make their software library appear as attractive as possible by any means necessary to overcome the inherent negatives of the platform.

For the mainstream audience, misinformation is more powerful than difficult-to-understand facts, e.g., hardware specifications.

Every single negative rumor has come true. Fuck, we haven't even heard of the worst yet.

Amazing, looking back 6 months ago.

I find it funny how no one could believe the nextbox rumours and thought they were just anti microsoft conspiracies... and in the end its amazing that we had known everything about the xbone months before it was unveiled...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom