• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 5 Thread

KingJ2002

If you watch the tekken 5 trailer it will show heihachi's death

he probably came back in a new devil form... or the player is supposed to think he's dead. In fighting games... characters are never really killed off. They either cheat death multiple times (Geese Howard) or they just show up in multiple dream matches (Rugal)

Ferrio

Banned
Defensor said:
Did you even watch the Tekken 5 trailer?

Ya, but.... that's just stupid.

He dies and comes back to life in the same game. He's breaking the code man.. you wait until the next game.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
How long time has passed between 4 and 5? It probably happened during that time. But why are we even discussing the storyline for a fighting game? :p

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Kabuki Waq said:
Reno: are you coming to the Tekken Tourney on july 26th?

4300 Steeles Ave East.....some internet cafe in Markham.....i'm assuming near PMall

Nope, I'm going to be in Japan in 3 weeks, so I won't be able to go to that tourney. :(

Demigod Mac

Has Devil-Heihachi been confirmed? Or is it merely a hopefuly rumor?

Bad ass final boss, Namco. Like Devil-Kazuya of Tekken 2. No Heihachi in a diaper, please!

Grifter

Looks very Tekken-ish but I'll pick it up anyway, I liked T3. The new characters look great.

So which Reno is which now? Thanks for the informative post.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Reno = Reno from Canada, who went to Rochester. :)

XS+ = Renovation aka Reno

The word going around is that a test location for Tekken 5 is going to be live in the US sometime in July or August. Most likely it will be in Chicago, where Namco's arcade offices are located. The last time Namco had a beta site, it was at HIP Cyberstation for Soul Calibur 2, just outside of Chicago. It'll probably be there again, I'm guessing. Chicago peeps, you better get some good play on this game if it comes out soon!

DrDogg

Where did you hear about the Japanese beta test? The US beta test won't be in the summer like it was for Tekken 4. Tekken 5 is releasing a bit later than Tekken 4 did, and that has pushed the beta test back as well. It will beta in Chicago though. I find it hard to believe Namco will beta Tekken 5 in Japan this week and in the US in 3 months. Doesn't make sense, and I know the US beta will not be in July for a fact. Late August would be a maybe, but it's supposed to be "Fall".

The confirmed character list is missing the Sumo wrestler who has been confirmed. He looks like Ganryu, but we don't have confirmation on who it actually is. Could be Ganryu, could be someone new.

The confirmed time release characters are: Heihachi, Bruce, Anna, and the Sumo. Eddy is unconfirmed as a TRC, but as mentioned, he is in the game. There will be 30 or 31 characters, so there are still more TRCs to be uncovered as well.

Also, the old man Feng Wei is standing over is his master, NOT Asuka's.

Grifter

Reno said:
Reno = Reno from Canada, who went to Rochester. :)

XS+ = Renovation aka Reno

Thanks. The funny part was that I wasn't sure if being a VF guy made you more or less likely to create this thread.

Top Bottom