• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I really want it to be Roger Jr fighting this time not his mother doing the fighting for him if he appears.

But considering they haven't done a proper timeskip yet he's most likely still in the pouch.

Yeah, I'd like to see that happen eventually.

Honestly, I think it was a mistake having so little time pass between Tekken 4 and Tekken 7 (it's like a year, if that). Seems incongruent with the events that have transpired in that time (3 or 4 iterations of the same tournament, and World War III).

I hope one of the DLC characters is Kunimitsu. She's not dead and alive again ;_;

Or i'll take Julia atleast, not JayCee

Kuni has potential to have a sick rage art. Her moveset as it is is already really fun and way different than MR they just need to add more adjustments.

Yeah, I'd like to see that happen eventually.

Honestly, I think it was a mistake having so little time pass between Tekken 4 and Tekken 7 (it's like a year, if that). Seems incongruent with the events that have transpired in that time (3 or 4 iterations of the same tournament, and World War III).

There really should have been a good 4 years at least after such a big event in 6.

Xater

Story wise I am hoping they gave the balls to either kill off Kazuya or Heihachi. Personally hoping for Heihachi.

Creaking

Story wise I am hoping they gave the balls to either kill off Kazuya or Heihachi. Personally hoping for Heihachi.

Kazuya is going to have Heihachi nearly dead, but then Kazumi will appear and teach him the true meaning of Christmas. He will be magically redeemed and a good guy, and won't kill Heihachi. Heihachi, in his hubris, gloats and then stumbles into a volcano, killing him without any of the moral baggage. Then Kazumi says something about being a ghost mom and disappears back to Tekken heaven. Kazuya finds Jin and teaches him how to play baseball, which cures all the bad blood between them, and they don't punch each other in the face anymore. They sit together in their father-son bonding as they watch the Mishima Zaibatsu slowly sink back into the sea. Akuma shows up late, but he brought pizza. They all laugh and eat pizza.

Village

i hope heihachi dies
And kazuya stops fighting. And that's it.

" Welp killed my dad. Going to go take a nap"
" What about our fight"
" I don't even care jin I just don't care"
* Kazuya has now obtained all the devil gene by being content with his existance*
" Now you don't have to worry about that anymore"
" What do I do know,"
"I don't know run the mishima Corp. I'm going to go be in street fighter 5. Killed my dad going to go fight Urien. "

And tekken 8 there is a time skip.

It was more of a genuine question than a outright statement but alright lol no need to be antsy.

But I do doubt he's doing it out of the goodness in his heart he always has an angle to his actions.

Sorry if i came off that way.

As for alt motive, yeah problably. But at the end of the day, whatever his goals are, have higher on a hero scale than jin is atm.

Creaking

Jinpachi is dead, and when he was revived he did bad stuff
Heihachi is the king of bad stuff
Kazuya did bad stuff
Jin did bad stuff to do good stuff, but got a little carried away with the bad stuff and who cares about some dragon/turkey just nuke it
Lars did bad stuff with that hairdo, and made his dad catch a bullet with his teeth, which is very stressful

There are no heroes left in the Mishima clan, except one

kuma-tekken7.png

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
After T6, my view is that Jin will essentially be back to a halfway good guy, like he was in T5. We see him recovering in the bed, so we can assume he got picked up.

Now that he has to make a choice of which way he will go, my view is that he's going to think about Jun, Xiao and Hwaorang one more time in his road to self reflection.

Kazuya is going to have Heihachi nearly dead, but then Kazumi will appear and teach him the true meaning of Christmas. He will be magically redeemed and a good guy, and won't kill Heihachi. Heihachi, in his hubris, gloats and then stumbles into a volcano, killing him without any of the moral baggage. Then Kazumi says something about being a ghost mom and disappears back to Tekken heaven. Kazuya finds Jin and teaches him how to play baseball, which cures all the bad blood between them, and they don't punch each other in the face anymore. They sit together in their father-son bonding as they watch the Mishima Zaibatsu slowly sink back into the sea. Akuma shows up late, but he brought pizza. They all laugh and eat pizza.

Pizza is delicious :)

Monocle

I miss the days when I didn't need to buy DLC to get all of the characters. That said, if DLC allows the inclusion of characters that simply would have been cut otherwise, I guess it's better than nothing.

Can we just retcon Tekken 7 and make this the true ending?

Village

I'm laughing my ass off reading this discussion about the main characters.

Well that is what happens when your fighting game has a story people can get invested in, multiple storylines.

Unlike SF which is " Who is the strongest again" and " why are they alive right now"

Inuhanyou

SF storyline, and VF and other more 'traditional' fighting games are examples of how NOT to do stories in games

Meh, pretty tame for a Tekken ending.

Village

Street fighters potential will be unleashed once they get past bison again.
Any story with shadowloo kind of has to revolve around shadowloo.

Vurtua fighter... I'm not even going to get into that , its story is sega jank.

Tekken I feel like everyone has an individual story that matters in some regard, and are used interestingly.

Inuhanyou

Sakura should be the new main hero/ine of SF and all future SF games should star Sakura

Village

I would like Another SF staring Alex, sakura is great but the reason she great is because she ain't the main character.

I also like the idea of a main character having wrestling moves.

Can I get a tekken where King is the main character. Or jaycee For one game.

_Rob_

I'm really hoping we can get Yoshi's Tekken 3/Tag appearance as a costume. Don't get me wrong, I like most of his iterations but this one was by far my favourite!

Yoshimitsu-Tekken-3-thumb.png

Regarding Tekken lore, when people complain about fighting game stories, I think they forget the effort Namco put into tone, mood, setting and personality with the first few titles. Yes, we filled in the blanks, but we had a great canvas and pallette to work with. Even the backstories like Paul idolizing Nina and Anna's father, Billy "Bear Killer" Williams (which explains Paul's feud with Kuma). Little things like that went a long way with capturing my imagination.

I'm really hoping we can get Yoshi's Tekken 3/Tag appearance as a costume. Don't get me wrong, I like most of his iterations but this one was by far my favourite!

Yoshimitsu-Tekken-3-thumb.png
I wouldn't say no but they did bring it back in T5DR and SFxT. I want T2's first.

Playsage

Regarding Tekken lore, when people complain about fighting game stories, I think they forget the effort Namco put into tone, mood, setting and personality with the first few titles. Yes, we filled in the blanks, but we had a great canvas and pallette to work with. Even the backstories like Paul idolizing Nina and Anna's father, Billy "Bear Killer" Williams (which explains Paul's feud with Kuma). Little things like that went a long way with capturing my imagination.

I wouldn't say no but they did bring it back in T5DR and SFxT. I want T2's first.
That's incorrect.
Nina's father is Richard Williams and he is not known as a martial artist in Tekken as of now.
Paul saw Willie Williams (a real martial artist) fighting a bear and earning the moniker of "Bear Killer".

PS4 will also probably have the strongest online community. Something to consider if you want to play online since there's no cross-platform play.
wtf at no cross platform play though you know. didn't a mS rep say they're down with it now, and Ps4's been doing it with PC, so wtf. do it.
Need to wait and see if much PC players use hacks cheats etc macros or scripts online
that's a thing? PC players on fighting games cheap online?
I don't think it will, not by much anyway.
I think the difference between PS4 and PC will be the same as PS4 and Pro, and that will mainly be IQ and Framrate.
Sure you will probably be able to push native 4k on PC but I don't think anything else would be a major difference.
Its gonna look fantastic on both platforms, the difference will be exclusive content and like you said, that heritage roburst community.
it will be interesting to know if there will even be pro perks to this game. when they asked Harada about it he said something like "these are very new consoles and concepts, so we'll see"

heritage robust community, that's a good way of putting it lol

Xater

But what is Kuma up to? Is he just eating Pizza with them?

Perro

Tekken lore is terrible, they need to pull a MK9/time travel shit to fix it. Jin caused WW3, how is Heihachi worse than him?
Get rid of those Mishima clowns and focus on the real heroes, Paul and Law.

Ivan 3414

I'm just hoping there's a timeskip after this game.

Kill Heihachi, Kazuya and the devil gene off, have Jin in a reduced supporting role and actually focus on giving the 40+ other non-Mishima fighters shit to do. And maybe, just maybe, give more than three of them story relevance.

Kill Heihachi, Kazuya and the devil gene off, have Jin in a reduced supporting role and actually focus on giving the 40+ other non-Mishima fighters shit to do. And maybe, just maybe, give more than three of them story relevance.

FUCK THAT

Jin will always be the best

TreIII

I don't think you need a major timeskip to get that. Just say that things have moved on, phase the Mishimas from prominence in the plot and we're on to the next stage. If KOF was largely able to sideline each previous arc's main hero in favor of the next/current one, there's no reason Tekken can't do the same.

Besides, all a timeskip would do is likely give reason to kill off more characters and/or find more inane ways to replace the female cast because they're "too old".

I am officially lost on the Tekken storyline. All I know now is that Jin had a hard life, Heihachi, Kazuya, Kenpachi and their wives have some issues, and Xiaoyu is ga ga for Jin.
Sakura should be the new main hero/ine of SF and all future SF games should star Sakura
Whoa there Queen! Let's think about this for a second before we do anything rash!

That's a shit release date and a shit thing regarding the season pass.

Day 1 buy though. Watched too much GreenTekken and now I just want the game.

CSX

this whole game is all about "The final game of the Mishima saga" so I'm expecting a timeskip....

Or they gonna half ass it and it suddenly becomes the "Jin Kazama saga" minus kazuya and heihachi lol

This is fucking crazy! Look at how much the game is being split up, Season Passes, Exclusive Pre-Order Character, Exclusive Content on one platform, etc. Tekken was always the one fighting game that at least was released complete and had all the content in game to either earn, unlock, etc from actually PLAYING the game.

This is the part that hurts. The West gets treated like crap and gets scraps well after the fact. I wanted this game two years ago... Now it's finally coming out but it's still not complete and has that season pass crap. It's incredibly frustrating to try and be a fan.

god i hate pre orders and season pas bonuses, why cant we get all characters like before, just make it hard to unlock them like doctor boskonovich in tekken 3

Pre-order characters are literally the most scummy thing developers can do for pre-order bonuses. Why, it makes no sense.

I miss the days when I didn't need to buy DLC to get all of the characters. That said, if DLC allows the inclusion of characters that simply would have been cut otherwise, I guess it's better than nothing.

This is what happens when the western gaming industry takes over & starts influencing awful shit by introducing on-disc DLC, Season Passes, microtransactions, tons of FPS's & Sports games, cinematic movies pretending to be games, charging people for online multiplayer, being obsessed with graphics over gameplay, westernizing Japanese games, etc.

Now you see why people like me keep saying that the 3rd through the 6th generations are more memorable than last gen & this gen.

Top Bottom