• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

It does not, was confirmed by the tekken social media facebook page.
tumblr_mhoj50a0Le1rwuk4ko1_500.gif

TrojanAg

Yeah...that's kind of bullshit. Think I'll just stick with the regular edition then and buy the season pass. I had preordered the CE thinking it might come with the pass based off of those images

Yeah...that's kind of bullshit. Think I'll just stick with the regular edition then and buy the season pass. I had preordered the CE thinking it might come with the pass based off of those images

i never understood this region-exclusive bullshit. what the fuck do they stand to gain from offering something in one part of the world but not the other

i never understood this region-exclusive bullshit. what the fuck do they stand to gain from offering something in one part of the world but not the other
Market research probably showed NA users are more likely to buy season passes in addition to the CE...

Regular for me. I want that cover art.

But I probably would have gone CE if it included the season pass. Better value. I hope others realize this and cancel theirs with hopes Namco comes to their senses.

I just noticed, Lei Wulong is not in the roster. How?

Because we're getting a Donnie Yen character.

Or one can dream.

Edit: I doubt the CE comes with the SP. It makes too much sense. When was the last time the top tier CE included a CE from a large publisher (serious, I don't actually remember)?

SOR5

T4 Jin and T2 King and T4 Xiaoyu are such fucking glorious choices that I swear someone at Namco has been reading my thoughts

BadWolf

low populatity

at least that's what harada said

i woulda liked anna, lei, changs, or kuni above eliza ffs.

Sorry but I refuse to believe that he is less popular than Bob, Miguel or the stinkin bears.

If a character is hard to use for low reward then yeah, he's not going to be used much. That's on them.

Playsage

Sorry but I refuse to believe that he is less popular than Bob, Miguel or the stinkin bears.

If a character is hard to use for low reward then yeah, he's not going to be used much. That's on them.
Bob is infamously popular for being too good (gameplay-wise). See EVO 2011.

Miguel is actually popular due to being a good entry level character and still being effective. Also, he's very attractive.

Rajang

Lei definitely is low usage but I agree that it is complete bullshit that he is not in the game yet. He is such a unique character that has been in every game since his introduction in T2.

Bob and Miguel are not low usage though, especially not Bob. Bears are not used a lot but have been in every game and for many are a big part of Tekken.

Like the bears and the Changs, Lei is a staple Tekken character that needs to be in the game, period. Whats worse is why someone like Eliza is in it ahead of him.

No one outside the hardcore fanbase ever heard of Eliza (even Anakin didn't know who she was according to his stream yesterday). And the funny thing is from the hardcore fanbase only a tiny tiny percentage managed to even unlock her, let alone play her. She was exclusive to a F2PLAY Tekken game on PS3, which many fans never cared for. The grind you had to go through in Tekken Revolution was completely ridiculous, I doubt more than a 1000 people worldwide managed to unlock her. What baffles me is why they act like putting Eliza as a pre-order DLC is somehow going to push some people to pre-order, LOL. For me it was almost a reason not to pre-order considering how much I hate that character and how little she has to do with Tekken.

Skilletor

Because we're getting a Donnie Yen character.

Or one can dream.

Edit: I doubt the CE comes with the SP. It makes too much sense. When was the last time the top tier CE included a CE from a large publisher (serious, I don't actually remember)?

Yo, I would forgive Tekken for everything they've ever done if we could get somebody based on Donnie.

Hutchie

Storywise, i guess scenario campaign is confirmed as canon and the clash of the two evil stars didnt happen which is disappointing. I hope they actually have hei and kaz fight rather than have akuma bump heihachi off

jediyoshi

This is what happens when the western gaming industry takes over & starts influencing awful shit by introducing on-disc DLC, Season Passes, microtransactions, tons of FPS's & Sports games, cinematic movies pretending to be games, charging people for online multiplayer, being obsessed with graphics over gameplay, westernizing Japanese games, etc.

Now you see why people like me keep saying that the 3rd through the 6th generations are more memorable than last gen & this gen.

lolwut, Asian MMO and mobile games went light speed to hypermonetization before Xbox Live was even a thing

Bears are not used a lot but have been in every game and for many are a big part of Tekken.

Which seems baffling to me. Kuma has always been a joke character, and at least early on he was just a semi-clone of Heihachi.

Lei by contrast has always had a different moveset than everyone, and arguably has the most stylish moves. Maybe he's never been very popular in Japan?

MoogleMan

Do people spouting nonsense about the game being 2+ years old not realize the version releasing to consoles will be less than a year old once it hits consoles?

We're getting Fated Retribution; not vanilla Tekken 7. The same way the console release of tekken 6 was bloodline rebellion.

*shrugs*
Either way, in for a deluxe version on pc. Can't wait.

Rajang

Which seems baffling to me. Kuma has always been a joke character, and at least early on he was just a semi-clone of Heihachi.

Lei by contrast has always had a different moveset than everyone, and arguably has the most stylish moves. Maybe he's never been very popular in Japan?

Yeah, I think Harada mentioned that his usage stats in arcades is extremely low.

Playsage

Sorry, what? You mean Jack.

cordy

Banned
Lemme shoot my impressions of everything.

1.) I'm completely fine with the date. The Switch/Zelda comes out in March, Horizon, Mass Effect and other stuff is going on until this game releases so when this drops I'll be open. No issues there. Given Namco said they're making a full complete game, I'm a-ok with whatever they can do to reach that point. Give me Arcade Mode, Ghost Battle, the best Story Mode ever just whatever they can do I'm cool with it.

2.) No issues with the DLC practices. Given Harada and team had to get a separate budget from the heads of Namco for it to even happen it's cool with me. That's the only way the DLC characters would be in the game otherwise. Paying for them is ok too given I can't imagine how much time, effort and research goes into it. The team's been working hard on everything thus far judging from what I've seen of their twitter comments. Given that? I'm cool with it. I don't care that Lei, Anna, Julia and etc are DLC characters much. Namco's actually putting characters people want as DLC rather than "brand new fighters in the universe" so that's a plus.

3.) The fact the NA CE doesn't come with a Season Pass is ridiculous to me. Sure, if the prices are different for the NA and EU CE it's understandable but if ours in NA is 150, judging from what I see the EU CE price is that factors to about what 162 bucks, averaging it out it's like a what 13 dollar different in their favor. I wish it wasn't this way. We need the Deluxe in the CE not the Day One. Just isn't right tbh.

Whatever, I'm off that.

4.) Tekken Lore-wise, Heihachi ain't surviving this one. No. Way. At. All. He's gonna die, he's just gotta die at the end of this. His original VA died years ago, he's crying a lot in these preview videos, he's old, just kill em lol. T8 will have a timeskip and there's going to be a new relative like idk Jin's son or Lars's son or whatever just someone who's related who will have Heihachi's old fighting style. Who knows.

Overall I'm hyped.

Fucking crazy! Look at how much the game is being split up, Season Passes, Exclusive Pre-Order Character, Exclusive Content on one platform, etc. Tekken was always the one fighting game that at least was released complete and had all the content in game to either earn, unlock, etc from actually PLAYING the game.

It's funny, this was the first Tekken game I was planning on buying, but between all the money grab and no cross-play for PC it's becoming very easy for me to de-prioritize it.

How was Julia, one of the easiest characters to use not get in. I'm pissed.

cordy

Banned
Harada explains why there's paid DLC.

9Wmy1Em.png

Sounds like if it's classic characters coming that'll be free and that's extra time dedicated to the game but with a Season Pass and paid DLC there's an extra year added to the game's cycle regardless. I heavily approve of this.

Never really checked out Eliza in Revolution, did she have 2d style jumps in that too?

Hell no, and she has only ~30 moves. Just a very limited Tekken style character in that.

This is like an all new moveset. Definitely a lot like Akuma, she has the 2D jump, fireballs and uses EX moves in the trailer so presumably has meter.

remz

Eliza totes looks like my jam. she reminds me of old iori but... a goth vampire?

i have a weird question- do her titties get bigger when she drinks blood or did i dream that?

Eliza totes looks like my jam. she reminds me of old iori but... a goth vampire?

i have a weird question- do her titties get bigger when she drinks blood or did i dream that?

That used to be her old gimmick with some of her costumes, yes. It seems to be back in this iteration.

Personally not pleased with that bit, but i can deal. She looks freaking great and i'm super hyped.

remz

That used to be her old gimmick with some of her costumes, yes. It seems to be back in this iteration.

Personally not pleased with that bit, but i can deal. She looks freaking great and i'm super hyped.

That's so weird. Seems odd to throw that in alongside vampire AND narcolepsy. all the character traits!

i'll play if i can pick the big boobie variant

HeelPower

Kazuya was not trying to 'stop jin' from destroying the world. He wanted to take back control of the Zaibatsu through Jin's death, which along with his control of G corporation would have ensured his dominance of the entire world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkGN2iRWayU

Jin was the one who was trying to save the world by drawing out Azazel so he could take out that even bigger calamity which was claimed to be brought on by him and Kazuya fighting against each other.

Jin's entire purpose has been to end the devil gene, Mishimas and then himself in general so they could not do any more damage through the Zaibatsu or the bloodline, which is pretty much as good as you can get in the Mishima story line.

This reminded me,tt has been such a long time since Tekken had a story mode.

I still find it really enjoyable.

Harada explains why there's paid DLC.

9Wmy1Em.png

Sounds like if it's classic characters coming that'll be free and that's extra time dedicated to the game but with a Season Pass and paid DLC there's an extra year added to the game's cycle regardless. I heavily approve of this.

Well, that's good in a way, in terms of no classic characters being in DLC, but potentially very very bad if the main game eliminates some of those classic characters.

Looks like she stole some moves from Demitri from Darkstalkers. Not really feeling this. And why is her VA so quiet?

considering how much content was put into tag2, i am going to give harada the benefit of the doubt on the season pass. definitely will be picking up the pc version of tekken 7.

Top Bottom