• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Did that game kill the mainline SC franchise?

It shouldn't have. It sold better than TTT2.

Namco did seem to be completely confused by the reaction though leading them to create Lost Swords as a 1 player only mess.

I think it took SFV to make them realize what had people upset.

It shouldn't have. It sold better than TTT2.

Namco did seem to be completely confused by the reaction though leading them to create Lost Swords as a 1 player only mess.

I think it took SFV to make them realize what had people upset.

i thought lost swords was just them trying out f2p, they tried the same with tekken revolution

Pachimari

Oh believe me I did
You should have ignored The Artisan a long time ago, I did. His posts are the most weird ones I've read in the 10+ years I've been here.

They have at least different rage arts, and they -are- listed separately by Namco. So 35 if you buy into that.

I'm just kinda not convinced until i see some evidence of actually different movelists, aha. =D

(Also one bear + palette swap is kinda enough for me. Too much perhaps. Don't like bears. Two whole characters, really?)
You really should count the bears as two characters since they have each their slot now, and variation of the move list. Eliza should seriously also be counted, I mean why not. She have her own move list.

Also her tits grow proportionate to the amount of blood she consumes

full

I love what I've seen of Tekken 7 and it looks better every time, even the floors that break like cookies when people fall on them.

BUT.

BUT.

Why do the sound effects have to be so awful? Why does every punch and kick sound exactly the same? Why does it sound like an early PS1 sound effect? I can't unhear it.

Is this part of the charm for Tekken fans or universally abhorred? It must be the latter...right?

Gren

There was no mechanic like that.

In Revolution it was an outfit you could unlock with bloodseals.

You needed 20k for the actual character, 70k for her bikini outfit and another 70k for the same outfit with enlarged breasts.
...I never thought about it but I'm kind of surprised there aren't more costumes like this for sale in games (with the appropriate audience).

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
i thought lost swords was just them trying out f2p, they tried the same with tekken revolution

It was in a way. The developer stated that they made Lost Swords single player due the SC fanbase being casual single player focused who liked create a soul though.

Given that Tekken R outlasted Lost Swords by a year, I'd say that assessment wasn't correct.

Frida Kahlo

Neo Member
Did that game kill the mainline SC franchise?
I wouldn't say it did but the character roster's changes weren't that popularly accepted.
People tend to critique the stasis in character ages on fighting games but all these new characters (which were "pseudo-reboots") with fighting styles of previous fan-favorites were felt like disrespect...

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
There was no mechanic like that.

In Revolution it was an outfit you could unlock with bloodseals.

You needed 20k for the actual character, 70k for her bikini outfit and another 70k for the same outfit with enlarged breasts.

Yeah my mistake, it got it confused with the mechanic that heals her when she sleeps

It was in a way. The developer stated that they made Lost Swords single player due the SC fanbase being casual single player focused who liked create a soul though.

Given that Tekken R outlasted Lost Swords by a year, I'd say that assessment wasn't correct.
i really just think it's because at this point tekken is the more popular fighting franchise and that's why it was more successful.

Playsage

Where the fuck are Eddy and Christie?

There's no way they are underplayed. They should be shoo-ins.
Who knows. Meanwhile we got another brazilian rep (her backstory is also pretty similiar to Eddie's lol) and the ultimate sin happened
Lucky Chloe

Rajang

Where the fuck are Eddy and Christie?

There's no way they are underplayed. They should be shoo-ins.

They were very popular but a lot of people were salty when they had to face capo's online. They have been hated for a long time now by the more 'competitive players'. They see capo's as "cheap" characters that are hard to deal with in an online environment because of their evasive stances and moves.

Personally, I love Eddy and I really want to see him in the game. He is one of the more iconic fighting game charaters and Namco is stupid for not putting him in the game.

Lren

Gonna have to add Akuma to my mainstays, Dragunov and Lars. I keep forgetting this is coming out on PC as well. Probably pick it up on both PC and PS4.

ZeroX03

Banned
They were very popular but a lot of people were salty when they had to face capo's online. They have been hated for a long time now by the more 'competitive players'. They see capo's as "cheap" characters that are hard to deal with in an online environment because of their evasive stances and moves.

Personally, I love Eddy and I really want to see him in the game. He is one of the more iconic fighting game charaters and Namco is stupid for not putting him in the game.

Not in a very long time. Even with the Tag 2 buffs.

Who are these competitive players complaining about 'cheap' 'online' for Chreddy? I guess you did put them in quotation marks, are you making fun of scrubs who think they're competitive lol.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
A lot of folk don't like tekken 4.

The movement in that game is very, un tekken.

Oddly enough that reminds me of Bloody Roar 4 which tried to switch up the formula and its perhaps what killed that franchise. >.>

Top Bottom