• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Aggelos

Can't think of a new PS4 release that didn't have Pro enhancements, so why would T7? People are too impatient.

Since steady-locked 60fps is non-negotiable for a fighting game like Tekken, how much could the namco folks push the resolution on PS4Pro? 1440p?

Two Words

Since steady-locked 60fps is non-negotiable for the a fighting game like Tekken, how much could the namco folks push the resolution on PS4Pro? 1444p?

I want an arcade-perfect port on PS4 Pro. I have suffered enough after Tekken 6 and TTT2:

1067342-954474_20091027_003.jpg

PS3_015.png

Remember how great Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection was because it was an arcade perfect 1080p port?

t5dl_online01

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
TEKKEN JUKEBOX YESSSSSS. Tekken 3 & 2 soundtrack for every stage.
Tekken-7_2017_01-23-17_024.jpg

Day 1 purchase.

Was hoping for this. Loved this feature in TTT2, though the customization was severely limited and you couldn't adjust tracks freely without returning to the main menu which kind of ruined the inclusion.

Zushin

Well, you still needed the actual game disc to play it so they implication that there's any piracy involved is kind of bunk.

Well, moves are easy to do, movement is a lot harder.

But none of that really matters if you just plan to play story mode and some arcade.

The skill ceiling is higher than Injustice and Street Fighter, but I think it's easy to have fun with

T7 will be much easier than TTT2, guaranteed

Great, thanks! Looking forward to it. June is my PS1 nostalgia trip with Tekken and Crash haha

sasuke_91

Since steady-locked 60fps is non-negotiable for a fighting game like Tekken, how much could the namco folks push the resolution on PS4Pro? 1440p?

Checkerboard 1800p maybe, but no one really knows yet.

Was hoping for this. Loved this feature in TTT2, though the customization was severely limited and you couldn't adjust tracks freely without returning to the main menu which kind of ruined the inclusion.

You won't be able to set tracks for specific stages as far as I know. You can only create playlists.

Anyone know exactly wtf PS VR support means for this game?

No one knows yet. I suppose it could be something like character customization or something like that.

Jawmuncher

It's crazy to see how far out they're going with this. I like it.
Namco is making sure the king of 3D fighters will return to this gen in a big way.

jett

D-Member
I want an arcade-perfect port on PS4 Pro. I have suffered enough after Tekken 6 and TTT2:

PS3_015.png

Remember how great Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection was because it was an arcade perfect 1080p port?

t5dl_online01

I'm pretty sure Arcade TTT2 also ran at subHD resolutions, although maybe not as low as on consoles. Tekken 5 was a port of a PS2-tier game, though.

Who knows what the game will look like on consoles, but we got a PC version this time around at least.

BigEmil

I played Tekken 6 and ttt2 last week it doesn't look as bad as this screenshot though Tekken 6 was sub-HD, TTT2 which they increased the resolution more looked even sharper and cleaner. According to eurogamer tests ttt2 did have dynamic resolution though and adjusted other visual effects from Tekken 6 to TTT2
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tekken-tag-tournament-2-face-off

Jer

Wow just a couple months away now, starting to get really excited. Tekken home releases are like my favorite things in all of gaming.

Jukebox mode is fantastic news, loved it in TTT2!

I'm gonna be totally lost if Julia doesn't get released, I've mained her for like 15 years. Maybe thinking of starting with Jack 7, but I'm going to be even more trash than normal.

Going for the PS4(pro) version even though I have a high-end PC, with the assumptions are that it will look the same as the PC release and have a much bigger playerbase.

Tyaren

Got it, hyped for t7 pro mode then.

In the most recent showcase of the PS4 version developers(?)/marketing guys(?) didn't have to say anything too enticing about the Pro version. When asked about the Pro version, they basically said something along the lines of: There won't really be a difference to the PS4, the PC version however will be considerably improved over PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs8UDFoWyyo&t

Sad if true...and pretty bad marketing.

Two Words

In the most recent showcase of the PS4 version developers(?)/marketing guys(?) didn't have to say anything too enticing about the Pro version. When asked about the Pro version, they basically said something along the lines of: There won't really be a difference to the PS4, the PC version however will be considerably improved over PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs8UDFoWyyo&t=2s

Sad if true...and pretty bad marketing.
What the hell. At least give us prettier orange clouds!

Is it me or the ps4 version's vs screen is super laggy and slow? Does not affect gameplay, but still...

Yes, it's pretty clear. Probably low on their list of priorities, they'll most likely fix that now that we're closer to release.

Hopefully the final game won't have that issue.

Dereck

I think at this point they are just filling slots cause they haven't rearranged the roster yet.

How it looks right now atm.
jEAsO4.png

There is still room for Lei,Julia and more.
I would say that "who there is room for" is arbitrary. The character select screen can and will be arranged to accommodate for any number of characters. So the remaining amount of character slots is entirely up in the air.

I played Tekken 6 and ttt2 last week it doesn't look as bad as this screenshot though Tekken 6 was sub-HD, TTT2 which they increased the resolution more looked even sharper and cleaner. According to eurogamer tests ttt2 did have dynamic resolution though and adjusted other visual effects from Tekken 6 to TTT2
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tekken-tag-tournament-2-face-off

If the wii u emulator CEMU improves to the point where TTT2 doesnt crash when someone tags in, it can be played at 4k 60fps. It looks gorgeous. Hope it gets to a more compatible state soon.

Dereck

Looks like the esrb rating description for Tekken 7 has been revealed.

C8u4TcDV0AEpHXc.jpg

"A man falling face first into a woman's chest." Sounds like classic Harada!

Top Bottom