• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Anyone know how good/bad SP content will be? I am going to be mostly in for SP and local MP so after SF5 fiasco I am a bit cautious in that respect.

Tekken tends to be really good in that aspect, there's a mode they haven't announced yet other than the story mode and of course arcade.

Customization has a ton of stuff as well if you're into that and it's bringing back old outfits.

BigEmil

TEKKEN JUKEBOX YESSSSSS. Tekken 3 & 2 soundtrack for every stage.
Tekken-7_2017_01-23-17_024.jpg

Day 1 purchase.
Lovely. Looking forward to using the in-game playlist feature

Gaminar

Banned
Fact: If you look at the cover of every Tekken game, it usually shows you the victor of the current tournament... person is either a single Mishima/Kazama usually portrayed bigger than the rest.

T7 is the first one with equal faces for Hei and Kaz.

Fact: If you look at the cover of every Tekken game, it usually shows you the victor of the current tournament... person is either a single Mishima/Kazama usually portrayed bigger than the rest.

T7 is the first one with equal faces for Hei and Kaz.

i think what you meant is the person on the cover who is most focused. Jack is bigger than Kazuya on the T1 cover and Kazuya/Heihachi are both bigger than Jin on the T4 cover, although Jin has remained the main character throughout.

Kazuya is who was most focused on the T6 cover but technically it's Jin and Lars who are the victors of T6 iirc, going by scenario campaign mode

Santar

Has there been any word on if Ghost Mode is still in?
always enjoyed that mode, it was a way to sorta fight other players without the stress of actually doing it, really boosted replayability for the game too.
Though with my luck if it is indeed back you'd probably need ps plus to access it :(

sasuke_91

Is there ps4 and pc online cross play like sf5? That would be a huge plus cause 99.99% of the FGC is on console where I live.

There won't be cross-play unfortunately. It might be included at a later point in time, but don't get your hopes up.

Has there been any word on if Ghost Mode is still in?
always enjoyed that mode, it was a way to sorta fight other players without the stress of actually doing it, really boosted replayability for the game too.
Though with my luck if it is indeed back you'd probably need ps plus to access it :(

Ghost Mode is an Offline mode. Why would you need PS+ to access it? Other than that, it's been in every Tekken game since Tekken 5, so you can bet it'll be in T7 as well.

Piccoro

TEKKEN JUKEBOX YESSSSSS. Tekken 3 & 2 soundtrack for every stage.
Tekken-7_2017_01-23-17_024.jpg

Day 1 purchase.

This is awesome, I love the Tekken 2 soundtrack. I'm gonna play King's theme on loop!

EDIT: It even has songs from Revolution! :O That game was crap, but the soundtrack was godlike. Nice that it is being preserved like this.

StereoVsn

Tekken tends to be really good in that aspect, there's a mode they haven't announced yet other than the story mode and of course arcade.

Customization has a ton of stuff as well if you're into that and it's bringing back old outfits.
Excellent. I loved the old Tekken games back on PS1/2/Dreamcast but haven't really played them since. So good SP plus that jukebox for PS4 means I will give this a shot!

Doomshine

Confusing why something like that would be exclusive. I have a PS4, but will be buying on PC. But whatever... the latter will get a ton of community content that the other platforms won't. ;)

Probably because of Playstation legacy, the majority of that music and the games were exclusive to Sony systems.

If i know PC gaming like i think i do..

C\Program files\Steam\Tekken7

Tekken7.txt

allowjukebox=1

Save, close, done. Enjoy TTT god tier tunes all day erry day.

Santar

Ghost Mode is an Offline mode. Why would you need PS+ to access it? Other than that, it's been in every Tekken game since Tekken 5, so you can bet it'll be in T7 as well.

Well, technically you have to be online to download new player ghosts so who knows what they'll do regarding ps plus requirements.

sasuke_91

Well, technically you have to be online to download new player ghosts so who knows what they'll do regarding ps plus requirements.

So they would block the whole mode instead of making PS+ a requirement to download new Ghost Data only? Don't worry so much :p

lupinko

Confusing why something like that would be exclusive. I have a PS4, but will be buying on PC. But whatever... the latter will get a ton of community content that the other platforms won't. ;)

There's no crossplay and the player base will be primarily on PS4 if you live outside Korea or Japan.

Those two will probably stick to arcade.

Fitts

There's no crossplay and the player base will be primarily on PS4 if you live outside Korea or Japan.

Those two will probably stick to arcade.

Well aware. Still getting it on PC. I'd rather play it on my cab and I don't want to shove my PS4 inside of it.

Zushin

Haven't played Tekken since Tekken 2 back in the day. Have really fond memories of it though so I think I might jump in on 7. I'm a noob to fighting games in general though, how newcomer friendly is Tekken usually compared to SF/MK/Injustice, et al?

Fraeon

I meant official games. I tend to stay away from non-licensed/piracy stuff.

Well, you still needed the actual game disc to play it so they implication that there's any piracy involved is kind of bunk.

Haven't played Tekken since Tekken 2 back in the day. Have really fond memories of it though so I think I might jump in on 7. I'm a noob to fighting games in general though, how newcomer friendly is Tekken usually compared to SF/MK/Injustice, et al?

Well, moves are easy to do, movement is a lot harder.

But none of that really matters if you just plan to play story mode and some arcade.

Degen

The skill ceiling is higher than Injustice and Street Fighter, but I think it's easy to have fun with

T7 will be much easier than TTT2, guaranteed

Top Bottom