• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Tell Harada to take out that crappy spectator mode chat thing for lobbies. Having to get rid of it manually after every match is annoying. GAF lobbies would much better.

Two Words

Jungle Outpost deciding round, Souq beginning rounds, Devil's Pit all rounds, Mishima building all rounds, and Lars' VREDE are all fantastic, dunno what you're smoking. Also the opening theme from vanilla was tight.
You're naming a few tracks. Most of he tracks are terrible.

I like electronic music but even I have to admit that a few too many of the tracks in this game are way too wubby.

That being said there are definitely standout tracks, as Lupinko mentioned.

Also the Dojo themes are fantastic.

lupinko

I like electronic music but even I have to admit that a few too many of the tracks in this game are way too wubby.

That being said there are definitely standout tracks, as Lupinko mentioned.

Also the Dojo themes are fantastic.

Also unlike the other games, there aren't very many stages to begin with. FR added Akuma stage and Mishima building, I think that's about it. All they did was just slightly retool the old stages after that. Unless that's a different Mishima dojo I forget.

Console adds a few more stages but this game has the multiple stage bgm because they decreased the amount of stages. Actually the Russia infinite stage is alright.

Lar's theme is garbage and the final round for G Corp Helipad Night is trash.

Tekken 7 OST is a mixed bag for me but there are more good ones than bad ones.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Do we have any clue how the Xbone version performs? My PC is old and degrading, CPU is struggling like it didn't used to and considering the heat output I don't think it's just that newer games are more demanding. Fighting games usually take less CPU but still the Xbone might perform better for now since I won't build a new PC till probably next tax return. I definitely want a new PC so I'm not sure if I'll get Scorpio, if this would be a game to be decently boosted by it.

BigEmil

This doesn't look very high resolution, there is a ton of aliasing.

Another 1080p/60fps Pro game?
I didn't see any aliasing anywhere just a little shimmer here and there from that gold stage definetely not 'ton'
Do we have any clue how the Xbone version performs? My PC is old and degrading, CPU is struggling like it didn't used to and considering the heat output I don't think it's just that newer games are more demanding. Fighting games usually take less CPU but still the Xbone might perform better for now since I won't build a new PC till probably next tax return. I definitely want a new PC so I'm not sure if I'll get Scorpio, if this would be a game to be decently boosted by it.
It should be similar to PS4 version maybe slightly less resolution though performance stable 60fps should be similar and if this got Pro support this will definetely get Scorpio support too.
I don't think we have any Xbone footage out yet except maybe older builds

BigEmil

Is this gonna have legacy stick support on PS4?
Yeah:
Harada has confirmed that the PS4 version of Tekken 7 will support PS3 sticks. (Translation provided by Flying Wonkey, who is linked there.) No support for X360 devices on the XB1 due to physical/system limitations. PC controller support is TBA, but keep in mind that UE4 by default has XInput support but NOT Directinpt support. (Direct PS4 controller support along with Steam Controller support are open questions.)

Sweet, thanks.
I normally play AK and Yoshimitsu, and I'm fine with AK on pad, but Yoshimitsu has too many 2 button moves for me to play comfortably on it.

Would playing TTT2 be a good way to get rid of some of the rust, or is T7 noticeably different to the point where I should just re-learn from that? I've not played Tekken since 2014.

I didn't see any aliasing anywhere just a little shimmer here and there from that gold stage definetely not 'ton'

I say ton because we have a reference point for high res Tekken 7. Most Pro games hit between 1440p and 2160p. Max's footage doesn't look like other higher resolution games on Pro.

I edited, because it occurred to me that the Pro patch might not be ready. Or, they might've been playing on a 1080p display, while capturing at 4k60 for HQ YT playback reasons.

Anything's better than the 7.0 cabs I've played on at Round 1, which have 720p displays with funky square pixel scaling.

Would playing TTT2 be a good way to get rid of some of the rust, or is T7 noticeably different to the point where I should just re-learn from that? I've not played Tekken since 2014.

Yes, if you play singles. Combos will be very different, but that's honestly something to look forward to.

ZeroX03

Banned
Sweet, thanks.
I normally play AK and Yoshimitsu, and I'm fine with AK on pad, but Yoshimitsu has too many 2 button moves for me to play comfortably on it.

Playing TTT2 at a decent level will help out a lot since the neutral game is basically the same, plus characters still retain their moveset with changes. You just need to adjust to the new combo system (Bound is gone), new gameplay mechanics, movement and you're good to go.

Fitts

Do we know how this game will run on different hardware configurations yet? I know recommended/required hardware was published, but I'm wondering what I can expect from a 1050. (really wanted to stick to emulation with just a bit of modern gaming with this build) I do have a 1070 in my HTPC that I can move over if needed so I'm good for launch, but I'll watch for deals on a 1060 or something if it's worthwhile.

Sticking with 1080/60 and I rarely care about the differences between high (or even med) settings and max for most games.

I say ton because we have a reference point for high res Tekken 7. Most Pro games hit between 1440p and 2160p. Max's footage doesn't look like other higher resolution games on Pro.

I edited, because it occurred to me that the Pro patch might not be ready. Or, they might've been playing on a 1080p display, while capturing at 4k60 for HQ YT playback reasons.

Anything's better than the 7.0 cabs I've played on at Round 1, which have 720p displays with funky square pixel scaling.

Yes, if you play singles. Combos will be very different, but that's honestly something to look forward to.

Playing TTT2 at a decent level will help out a lot since the neutral game is basically the same, plus characters still retain their moveset with changes. You just need to adjust to the new combo system (Bound is gone), new gameplay mechanics, movement and you're good to go.

Alright, thanks.
And bound is gone?! Yes! I never liked the bound mechanic.

Yudoken

I just assumed all 360 controllers work on Xbone. Is that not true? I have a 360 arcade stick.

Why would you think that?
You can use it on pc but not on the Xbone without something like a Brook adapter.

The PS4 only can support PS3 sticks because the Skullgirls devs made the code available for free for other developers.

Sadly sometimes they don't implement it correctly so you need to have a controller for syncing (which shouldn't be necessary).

BIGWORM

Fantastic news, I really didn't want to have to replace my Qanba Q4.

Same here. Got a Hayabusa shaft and Seimitsu PS-14-Gs with clear bat top. I wouldn't want to buy another stick and have to deal with swtiching everything over. I bought a Brooks PS3 > Xbone and PS3 > PS4 adapters to let me play a majority of the games out there without problems.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Did Harada say anything about other characters, or the entire cast getting legacy costumes from past games?

Dereck

WGTZY9Y.gif

Coda

So why do we still don't have any information about any enhancements playing on a PS4 Pro? All we have is this footage now (which basically is useless in terms of watching it on youtube) and Markman saying that the Pro is the way to go. Why can't we get any concrete information about it? Will it have a different patch, or will all the enhancements just be boost mode stuff like faster load times? Just kind of sucks that we still have no idea when the game is weeks away from launch.

All I want is a nice resolution bump with the Pro version and maybe some nice sharper graphical enhancements.

So why do we still don't have any information about any enhancements playing on a PS4 Pro? All we have is this footage now (which basically is useless in terms of watching it on youtube) and Markman saying that the Pro is the way to go. Why can't we get any concrete information about it? Will it have a different patch, or will all the enhancements just be boost mode stuff like faster load times? Just kind of sucks that we still have no idea when the game is weeks away from launch.

All I want is a nice resolution bump with the Pro version and maybe some nice sharper graphical enhancements.

I thought the only thing worth noting was that Pro was 1080p and PS4 is 900p.

Tyaren

They will probably up the resolution on Pro to 1080p (from 900p on base PS4), add maybe a few enhancements like better texture filtering and higher resolution shadows etc. (the usual stuff) and call it a day. I don't see them bumping the resolution much higher. Consoles seem to really struggle with UE4 games in HD and in as high framerates as 60fps.

Coda

They will probably up the resolution on Pro to 1080p (from 900p on base PS4), add maybe a few enhancements like better texture filtering and higher resolution shadows etc. (the usual stuff) and call it a day. I don't see them bumping the resolution much higher. Consoles seem to really struggle with UE4 games in HD and in as high framerates as 60fps.

Yeah I'd be fine with those enhancements. I guess I just wish we'd get some kind of direct word from the Tekken/Namco team about it though.

Tyaren

Yeah I'd be fine with those enhancements. I guess I just wish we'd get some kind of direct word from the Tekken/Namco team about it though.

You probably will and at least they stated there will be visual enhancements. Not like Injustice 2, which releases in less than a week, where they haven't mentioned Pro support at all and probably won't until its out and people find out for themselves.

Was playing some Tekken 6 earlier today, still bummed there's no Lei or Raven in the game, especially Lei as everyone I know just calls him Jackie Chan and how you not have Jackie in the game I don't know. He's a staple in the series. Oh well, here's a couple of gifs I captured as I still had the PS3 hooked up.

lWA6qsq.gif

mKTylck.gif

Basketball

Was playing some Tekken 6 earlier today, still bummed there's no Lei or Raven in the game, especially Lei as everyone I know just calls him Jackie Chan and how you not have Jackie in the game I don't know. He's a staple in the series. Oh well, here's a couple of gifs I captured as I still had the PS3 hooked up.

lWA6qsq.gif

mKTylck.gif

badass

send to Harader

cordy

Banned
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...kes-a-new-balance-on-playstation-underground/

Tekken has been my fighting series of choice for almost 20 years, so you know I wasn’t gonna miss an opportunity to finally get some quality time with Tekken 7 just weeks before its June 2 PS4 launch date. Watch the new episode of PlayStation Underground to see me and legendary Tekken community advisor MarkMan23 trade blows.

And now, my personal perspective. Over 20 years and at least nine mainline games, Tekken has evolved into a complex beast, culminating into Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on PS3. With Tekken 7, Bandai Namco looks to be striking a more balanced play style, making the game a bit more approachable for newcomers while retaining the series’ trademark depth and versatility.

I applaud those efforts. Based on my initial play time, Tekken 7 looks to be spiritually closest to Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, which just so happens to be my personal favorite entry in the series.

So what’s different? I immediately noticed that juggle combos are generally less “bouncy.” Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag 2 featured a signature “bound” mechanic that made certain attacks bounce the hapless victim against the ground to set up extended combos. In Tekken 7, this has been softened into a “screw attack” mechanic that still leaves the victim vulnerable to mid-air follow-ups but reduces the lengthy off-the-ground, off-the-wall extended combos that could easily dominate less experienced opponents.

There are a couple of other major additions that help shake up the status quo. Rage Art is a new meter-fueled power move that’s loosely comparable to the X-Ray attacks from Mortal Kombat X or the super moves from Injustice. Rage Drives allow you to imbue an attack or combo with increased damage, while the new Power Crush mechanic will allow certain attacks (Nina’s Blonde Bomb, for one) to be armored and uninterruptible.

A few other details that caught my eye: it’s now easier to break out of throw attempts, and the ground game has seen some tweaks, too, with a faster-to-execute rising kick (formerly b, b, 3+4, now just 3+4) and some revamped animations.

Outside of the traditional one-on-one matches, Tekken 7 adds a host of new playable modes you can play to hone your skills and collect new customization items. Treasure Battle looks like an early winner, pitting you against a never-ending gauntlet of opponents and awarding loot drops of various rarities.

The new Story mode even promises to resolve the decades-old Mishima clan feud, so you know that Bandai Namco isn’t holding back.

So that’s Tekken 7 — it’s out June 2 on PS4 and I’ll be first in line.

DR2K

Banned

lWA6qsq.gif

mKTylck.gif

They added female Raven. I'm assuming they're the same

Top Bottom