• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

RM8

I'm going to try Hwoarang for the first time. Because he looks so badass with black hair :] I was mostly Ling/Wang/Panda in T6 (I didn't play TTT2, I don't like the TTT games for some reason), this time I'm looking at Hwoarang/Ling/Panda/Shaheen. I love the feeling of trying many characters early in a fighting game's life cycle :p

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
So I guess no more surprises for the playable cast that comes with the base game? As in, what we have now is final?

Seems likely. I'm kinda surprised to be honest. Think it's a bit stupid of them not to save any reveals for the last month.

Dereck

Where is lei wulong?
In the trash

QFraR2Q.gif

Doomshine

Seems likely. I'm kinda surprised to be honest. Think it's a bit stupid of them not to save any reveals for the last month.

There is a Tekken talk on May 30th. I'm not expecting anything, but I also I don't know what they could show just before release that we haven't seen already.

Nyx

I mained Kunimitsu in the last Tekken game (TTT2) I played intensively, so I need to find a new one in this game. Looking forward to trying out the new characters!

Doomshine

No steel box for deluxe version? If not find a bit odd.

From what I can tell it's only in the collector's edition. There seems to be a bunch of different versions than come with all kinds of stuff (tiger patch, pins e.t.c.). The only thing I could find in my country for the standard and deluxe edition was this Kazumi metal slipcase:

Try checking here and see what's available: http://eu.tekken.com/#!/en/order

Pachimari

Oh, I see in my country I'm supposed to be getting a metal Yoshimitsu keyring. Meh, not interested. I actually think I should have gotten it when I pre-ordered.

Massaki

Neo Member
I'm a little upset that the stages are kinda really bland, Kinder Gym and Geometric Plane are probably the laziest looking fighting game stages I've ever seen. We're missing a lot of the archetype Tekken stages like the "Tokyo Street at night" "creepy dark church" and stuff :(

ZeroX03

Banned
Okay had some hands on with the game today... not great news for base PS4 owners.

First though: PC looks incredible and does 4k well. Last time I saw the Pro version it looked good and 1080p(+) too.

On base PS4 it's rough. The reduced res is noticeable. Shimmering, jaggies, soft image. T7.0 on arcade had a sharper, cleaner image. Injustice 2 is looking a lot better.

Load times are 12-15 seconds from character select to match start. Rematch is 3-4 seconds. Pretty good.

Okay had some hands on with the game today... not great news for base PS4 owners.

First though: PC looks incredible and does 4k well. Last time I saw the Pro version it looked good and 1080p(+) too.

On base PS4 it's rough. The reduced res is noticeable. Shimmering, jaggies, soft image. T7.0 on arcade had a sharper, cleaner image. Injustice 2 is looking a lot better.

Load times are 12-15 seconds from character select to match start. Rematch is 3-4 seconds. Pretty good.
Any frame drop on OG

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

awesome, my PC is ready

Pachimari

I'm not worried about visuals or the technical side looking worse. I'm all about getting into the mechanics and the depth of the gameplay this time. I'm gonna have hundred of fun and frustrating hours learning and practicing everything.

Although I'll probably buy the PC version too just for practicing in front of the computer so I can write down and communicate and such.

For the most part I'm not too fussed about what the game looks like on base PS4. Whatever it takes to get that 60fps.Although I might double dip on PC at some point anyway.

he's already got something no one else has

Are you referring to the fireball? It's not like it's that much of a gamechanger. He also has FADC and a DP but game seems pretty well balanced around it.

cordy

Banned
Tbh, that's the only base PS4 negative talk I've heard from people who have played the game. I'm interested in seeing exactly how this thing looks so I can make my own assessment. With that said, I'm thinking of getting a Pro soon but I don't have the right TV yet. Maybe I'll pick one up for my birthday in June.

But regardless I'm going to be in this game for hundreds of hours. Can't wait.

AAK

Are you referring to the fireball? It's not like it's that much of a gamechanger. He also has FADC and a DP but game seems pretty well balanced around it.

Akuma and Eliza get jump arcs that lead into extremely favorable jumping normals that crush most mids and highs the regular tekken characters have. It's really hard to anti-air them.

However, I think FADC kinda is a gamechanger. (i.e. in a real match)

Top Bottom