• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Danielsan

If you "suck" at fighting games you shouldn't worry about competition at all on pc.

If you're a professional or just a veteran player who goes to tournaments you may have to play on PS4.

But if you're a normal player the pc and Xbox version will still have plenty of players.

Don't worry about it.
Guess I might go with the PC version from the outset. Seeing as it can be gotten for half the price. If I end up sticking with it I might pick double dip eventually.

AAK

Can't remember if gaf made this a thing during TTT2, but is there gonna be a thread where can drop our PSN/XBL id's for online matches?

In this day and age, the best way is to use Discord. Whenever the Tekken 7 OT is made, make a post asking to be invited to the Tekken GAF discord group. Dereck will send you an invite.

In the original TTT2 OT we did have a google doc link where people could post their regions and PSN/XBL id's. But none of the regulars are making the Tekken 7 OT so we don't know if the OT creator will maintain or want to include it.

Menome

tk75_kb_07_17.jpg

Yes.

jbttwin

In this day and age, the best way is to use Discord. Whenever the Tekken 7 OT is made, make a post asking to be invited to the Tekken GAF discord group. Dereck will send you an invite.

In the original TTT2 OT we did have a google doc link where people could post their regions and PSN/XBL id's. But none of the regulars are making the Tekken 7 OT so we don't know if the OT creator will maintain or want to include it.

Sweet, I'll definitely hop on that once the OT is created. Thanks!

I'm surprised you don't like Gigas. Look at those biceps!
He's too extreme for me. I could get down with cyborg type, but not with those proportions.

Yeah. I feel like Lars is the best protagonist in the series so far. It feels refreshing to have an actual hero in the series instead of angry angry dudes.
Yep. I like his superhero look and persona, and an alternative to the endless scowling of the Mishima family men is welcome. (Part of the reason I like Lee too.) Plus he's hot.

Now bring back his boyfriend Tougou.

Danielsan

Booted up Tekken 6 last night to get a bit of practice in. Just playing though ghost mode with my "main", Asuka. Hopefully getting a bit of experience in T6 will allow me to not get clobbered 100% of time once Tekken 7 is released.

I wish my friends were into fighting games. The fact that none of them are is probably the reason I never got great at them.

RM8

Booted up Tekken 6 last night to get a bit of practice in. Just playing though ghost mode with my "main", Asuka. Hopefully getting a bit of experience in T6 will allow me to not get clobbered 100% of time once Tekken 7 is released.

I wish my friends were into fighting games. The fact that none of them are is probably the reason I never got great at them.
I've been playing T6 too in anticipation of T7. T6 is definitely my favourite game in the series and I can't understand why TTT2 wasn't enjoyable for me at all. With games that take so freaking long to get released, I can't afford skipping the Tag Tournaments ;(

Anyway now I'm sad Zafina is gone, she's super fun.

Monocle

Tekken 7 OST - Arena 1st
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPLxkMd35g0

Tekken 7 OST - Mishima Building Final Round (Clean)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pHl47Qmnhs

Tekken 7 OST - G Corp. Helipad (Night) Final Round
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG9_2GrRaCM

Tekken 7 OST - Duomo Di Sirio 1st (OLD VERSION)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfEG9J9A8fU
THANK FUCK. That sweet BGM from the Nina intro trailer has finally seen the light of day. Duomo Di Sirio is my jam.

Hutchie

Isnt ttt2 moveset closer to t7 than t6 is? Thats why im practicing on ttt2. Think i can live without wavedashing but i need to get backdashing down.

Hope hwo has decent custom hair too

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
What's currently considered the top tier, pro eat-sports Fightstick for PS4/PC?

I cannot play online on consoles. Was considering buying Tekken 7 for the PlayStation 4, but someone brought to my attention that I would have to start paying for an online service for multiplayer.

Seriously considering buying this for PC. Just need a controller worthy of fighting games.

Åesop;237099423 said:

Well, that story got a little complicated due to Mad Catz's demise.

Where do you live? Qanba stuff doesn't really ship outside of the US, for instance.

I'm currently eyeing the Hori Tekken one. It has the 2017 internals with a form-factor I like better than the normal Real Arcade Pro.

AAK

Åesop;237099423 said:

There's not a single person out there that hadn't said Hitbox is the most advantageous peripheral for fighting games.

Fraeon

I heard he started learning playing with hitbox like a few days before the tournament.

Don't ask me why.

Not to mention Gootecks hasn't been in the upper echelon of Street Fighter players since the latter half of the SF4 era.

He was there mostly for show.

Wallach

I think I remember people saying that it should be banned because it provides too great an advantage. TOs didn't take them seriously, though.

Only when they first started showing up. Back then the first few were not built with SOCD handling, so you could hold left and right inputs simultaneously and games that did not handle that operation in software would just allow both (meaning you could block both directions at the same time and totally eliminate cross-ups).

Nowadays all-button sticks handle SOCD problems in hardware, so there is no reason to ban them. Anyone still on that train is misguided (or using it as their own john).

Massaki

Neo Member
as much as the soundtack is kind of so-so thus far, the character select screen. menu music and the editor music is fucking great

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Dammit, I keep lowering my Tekken 7 interest by looking at old Tekken stuff. Listening to the Tekken 5 OST... man these tracks are hype as hell. Haven't heard anything in T7 that comes close.

I'm edging closer and closer to not picking this up on release. The idea would sound crazy to myself a year ago, but Tekken 7 has been around for so long now that so little of it feels fresh or exciting. I've been following the arcade version's development since it was first announced, and I just don't see how what they're bringing to the home version could justify the wait. I'm so bored of these characters. I'm no longer impressed by the 'everything is greasy/shiny' UE4 look. Namco is doing the bare minimum to advertise the game just under two weeks out from release. Customization looks even worse than Tekken Tag Tournament 2's, despite there being fewer characters than even Tekken 6. No one ever answers any tough questions.

Withholding final judgement until release, but I'm buckling in for disappointment. To be more succinct, I've already seen enough of the game to know that most of what I value in Tekken is severely lacking or missing in Tekken 7.

Dammit, I keep lowering my Tekken 7 interest by looking at old Tekken stuff. Listening to the Tekken 5 OST... man these tracks are hype as hell. Haven't heard anything in T7 that comes close.

I'm edging closer and closer to not picking this up on release. The idea would sound crazy to myself a year ago, but Tekken 7 has been around for so long now that so little of it feels fresh or exciting. I've been following the arcade version's development since it was first announced, and I just don't see how what they're bringing to the home version could justify the wait. I'm so bored of these characters. I'm no longer impressed by the 'everything is greasy/shiny' UE4 look. Namco is doing the bare minimum to advertise the game just under two weeks out from release. Customization looks even worse than Tekken Tag Tournament 2's, despite there being fewer characters than even Tekken 6. No one ever answers any tough questions.

Withholding final judgement until release, but I'm buckling in for disappointment. To be more succinct, I've already seen enough of the game to know that most of what I value in Tekken is severely lacking or missing in Tekken 7.

if you have a ps4 at least you'll have the tekken tunes option, lol

Creaking

if you have a ps4 at least you'll have the tekken tunes option, lol

Yeah, I know.

Sorry to be a grouch. I'm just frustrated with Tekken 7, and it hasn't even come out yet, which makes things even worse.

I'm sick of waiting. I want to be excited, but they aren't making it easy.

Bakoery

Who are you kidding, We will see you online.

Creaking

Who are you kidding, We will see you online.

I honestly highly doubt it. It's a combination of frustration, waning interest/hope, and difficulties introduced by outside elements.

It sucks because I consider Tekken to be my favorite fighting game series, but right now I just can't feel anything good for Tekken 7.

I'll probably just stick with 6 and Tag 2 until something comes along to change my mind about 7. Right now I don't even expect it to review very well.

I honestly highly doubt it. It's a combination of frustration, waning interest/hope, and difficulties introduced by outside elements.

It sucks because I consider Tekken to be my favorite fighting game series, but right now I just can't feel anything good for Tekken 7.

I'll probably just stick with 6 and Tag 2 until something comes along to change my mind about 7. Right now I don't even expect it to review very well.

Hasn't Tekken 7 been out on arcade in ages? Aren't people already aware if it's good or not?

On a sidenote, I'm thinking about getting into fighting games and TEKKEN has always been a soft spot for me. Would you guys recommend it as a decent jumping-in-point?

Top Bottom