• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

lupinko

Jin's skin shader is super impressive. We're getting closer to that PS3 tech demo, lol.

fPHlPOh.png

Good thing about T7 is that the combo system has changed so that walls are less devastating. Rage arts make it a lot easier to come back because the inputs are simple and they do a ton of damage. That and a lot of other changes aim to lessen the gap between beginners and pros.

Lol no walls are as bullshit as ever if you are fighting Paul or Bryan for example.

I was always waiting for the technology to get where the characters would sustain bruises and cuts during a match, then it did and tekken never dwelved into it. I was always sad that they didn't add that element.

Any word on Lei, or is all hope gone ? He is probably my favorite character and there isn't really anyone like him so would hate it if he was gone completely.

I was always waiting for the technology to get where the characters would sustain bruises and cuts during a match, then it did and tekken never dwelved into it. I was always sad that they didn't add that element.

Characters in T7 do get dirty and sweaty during a match actually.

Pretty glad they don't get those gorey cuts like in NRS games personally.

They definitely over do it in NRS games, but Injustice 2 (like a lot of NRS issues) doesn't suffer from this.

Really? Neat. I found it pretty off-putting in MK/Injustice 1.

Characters in T7 do get dirty and sweaty during a match actually.

Pretty glad they don't get those gorey cuts like in NRS games personally.
They definitely over do it in NRS games, but Injustice 2 (like a lot of NRS issues) doesn't suffer from this.

The effects are fairly subdued but still there. Like visors getting dirty, dust on clothes and some other things.

New Nvidia article on Tekken 7

For Maximum Graphical settings:

A 1080 Ti is recommended for 4k (the video in the article uses a 1080)

A 1060 (or a 980) is recommended for 1440p

There is a Dynamic Adjustment setting that will change settings on the fly to maintain 60fps. Will probably help in cases like the 1080, which had problems maintaining a locked 60fps as seen in the YT video in the article.

Nvidia has also released the 382.33 WHQL Driver, which adds support for Tekken 7.

Has it been confirmed that the NJPW-licensed content (the CHAOS and Bullet Club shirts and King's Okada-inspired alt costume) will be coming to the NA version?

Has it been confirmed that the NJPW-licensed content (the CHAOS and Bullet Club shirts and King's Okada-inspired alt costume) will be coming to the NA version?

Yes. They were confirmed to be in the game and shown off in the latest Tekken Talk. At least, the Bullet Club shirts and Rainmaker outfit was. Not 100% on the CHAOS shirts but if those 2 are in, then I would imagine that makes it in too.

Baleoce

Watching this Playstation Access video and good god, this game is hitting it out of the park feature wise. Everything I wanted from let's just say, other fighting games, this game seems to be doing. I always wanted the ability to tailor the look of the character, so the head, torso etc. independently. The jukebox is a nice touch too. Allll of the options. This is where it's at.

Watching this Playstation Access video and good god, this game is hitting it out of the park feature wise. Everything I wanted from let's just say, other fighting games, this game seems to be doing. I always wanted the ability to tailor the look of the character, so the head, torso etc. independently. The jukebox is a nice touch too. Allll of the options. This is where it's at.

QUICK, someone post the Akuma showerhead gif.

Alright. So I ordered a Mad Catz TES+ as my first stick for this game. Now the next question is wether to get the game for PC or PS4. How is the community generally on PC? Also, that stick should work on PC without issues, correct?

Velurian

God I hope Namco makes a demo for tekken so we can try it out before purchase.
With UE4 I am quite sure the offline performance is going to be ok, but the netcode...

Alright. So I ordered a Mad Catz TES+ as my first stick for this game. Now the next question is wether to get the game for PC or PS4. How is the community generally on PC? Also, that stick should work on PC without issues, correct?

It's the first PC Tekken so you never know, but Tekken is a pretty big franchise in fighting games so there should be people playing (like me). And yes, pretty much every stick should work on PC. Xinput and Dinput support was confirmed by Harada on Twitter.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Ignorance! :D Armored King especially has grown into his own with the later games. Many would claim the same from Anna.

I certainly don't think Armor King or Anna are worthless clones, but I do think that their respective styles already have a strong form of representation in Tekken 7 due to the presence of their counterparts. That being that case, I'm more interested in the characters who have more unique styles that aren't currently represented in the game, like Lei, Julia,
Roger, Ganryu...

Regardless, you should all prepare to accept the current roster as being the final roster (plus two guest characters). It's possible that they'll have surprises hidden in the game at launch, and it's possible that they'll add more characters outside of the season pass, but neither of those possibilities have evidence to directly support them. They simply haven't been ruled out either.

Oh, and feel free to keep requesting characters you feel are missing, but don't be jackasses about it. Almost every Tekken/Harada post on twitter is filled with jackasses. It's a bad look.

Rajang

Oh, and feel free to keep requesting characters you feel are missing, but don't be jackasses about it. Almost every Tekken/Harada post on twitter is filled with jackasses. It's a bad look.

What I learned from reading his timeline: Anna fans are the worst.

Beckx

Yes. They were confirmed to be in the game and shown off in the latest Tekken Talk. At least, the Bullet Club shirts and Rainmaker outfit was. Not 100% on the CHAOS shirts but if those 2 are in, then I would imagine that makes it in too.

this is excellent news

Namco is one of the sponsors of the Best of the Super Jr tourney going on right now, the Tekken 7 logo is right in the center of the mat.

Top Bottom