• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Toki767

Jin is obviously still the main character. but since its kazuya and heihachi's feud, they get the spotlight in marketing i guess..

I'm more interested to see if Jun comes back and if Xiaoyu plays a decent part than what happens to Heihachi or Kazuya. Its been since T2 since Kaz and Heihachi were the only major plot point in these games

I wish Jun came back. She was my favorite in T2.

This is coming to EVO. The game has technically been "out" for 2 years and has had multiple tournament scenes already. If you are a serious Tekken pro you should be well accustomed to the game by now.
That's not very comforting to people just getting into the series. It's almost off-putting.

That's not very comforting to people just getting into the series. It's almost off-putting.
People are already good at T7. It's already an uphill battle for anyone.
Lmao meanwhile in Europe
LOL
If they were willing to use the arcade version for EVO, a console version that's been out for a month is nothing really.
How different is Namco gonna make the console version? It's not like everyone's skills from the arcade version are gonna reset once the console version comes out.

Main character is a pretty fluid term for this series. There's not a single character who's had the main focus in every single game. Jin wasn't in the first two. Kaz skipped 3. Heihachi's been in all of them, but usually second or third in prominence.

Jin fans you should probably brace yourself that Heihachi and Kaz will very likely be getting the prime story spotlight this entry. They've made it abundantly clear.
Heihachi and Kaz got the prime story spotlight in Tekken 4 as well but Jin was still there.
Personally I feel bad about Xiaoyu since I now think of her as the bubbly clingy jealous with a touch of yandere Jin fangirl that Street Fighter x Tekken made her out to be. I played that one a lot so the way she was portrayed became my new headcanon. Sorry! Well, kinda. Sorta. Not really. I like it.
sfxt was canon though, wasn't it? Why else would Akuma be made such a vital part of the story instead of just a guest character in the game?
yeah you laughin now...just wait.

PS4-only DLC is bullshit. Definitely not buying at full price on PC since it's not the full game

ever since the game was announced for Ps4, it was known that it was going to get exclusive content. PC still gets the best performing version of the game available and xbone gets a free copy of tekken 6

yyr

Is this like 2.5 years after the arcade release?

However...... This game will be nearly 2 years old by the time it releases on consoles....

Wrong and wrong.

Once again, despite the name, we are not actually getting Tekken 7. We are getting Tekken 7: Fated Retribution, the expansion of Tekken 7, just like we got T6: Bloodline Rebellion and Tekken Tag 2 Unlimited. (Home versions of the 'vanilla' games have never come out and likely never will.)

T7:FR just came out just this past July. So we are getting it less than a year later. Can people finally stop complaining that we're years behind when we're really not?

The lack of a Switch version is a bit surprising given that the Wii U got TTT2, oh well.

I don't think TTT2 sold very well on Wii U, which may be why there's no Switch version (yet). But granted, it suffered the same way other ports on Wii U did. Maybe they offered extra features, but they were released long after the other consoles' versions, so what did people expect...?

Cool costumes and jukebox mode exclusive on PS4?

As someone who plans to pre-order on XB1, I'm bummed not to get those. I might have bought both the XB1 and PS4 versions if not for the season pass, but since it includes characters, I'll have to buy it. That means I'm looking at ~$180-200 if I want both versions, and I don't think I'm willing to pay that much. Sigh.

Probably never. Do not count on those characters with stances. Like Eddy, Christie, Zafina and such. Lei is probably gonna get reworked.

Why do you feel this way?

I wish Jun came back. She was my favorite in T2.

I thought the fact that we've only seen Jun in TTT games (which are non-canon) since T2 meant that she was dead. But you never know...

Playsage

She was basically the main heroine of Blood Vengeance? Not sure how that is funny
Look at this incredibly prominent character in the Dragon Ball story
Milk_enoji.png

edit: I'm laughing at the idea of making her important through marriage with the main character. It can go either way.
If I had any say on the story, I would have her becoming the heir of the Mishima Zaibatsu (turning it in an entertainment corporation and clearing its name) while Jin self exiles himself because of war crimes and people targeting his devil gene (ex: Dragunov)

JayEH

Is there a price for the deluxe edition/season pass?

Wrong and wrong.

Once again, despite the name, we are not actually getting Tekken 7. We are getting Tekken 7: Fated Retribution, the expansion of Tekken 7, just like we got T6: Bloodline Rebellion and Tekken Tag 2 Unlimited. (Home versions of the 'vanilla' games have never come out and likely never will.)

T7:FR just came out just this past July. So we are getting it less than a year later. Can people finally stop complaining that we're years behind when we're really not?

No matter how you try to spin it a version of tekken 7 has been out for a couple of years now.

BasilZero

Awesome - I will get it on steam , would have gotten it on PS4 day 1 but spring 2017 is gonna slay my wallet with ff12 remaster, persona 5 and Zelda botw day 1 purchases ;(

Toki767

I thought the fact that we've only seen Jun in TTT games (which are non-canon) since T2 meant that she was dead. But you never know...

They never outright said she died or anything though right? Just that she disappeared the night Ogre attacked.

ZeroX03

Banned
No. It's because they would be hard to translate to Tekken 7. I'm pretty sure we agreed on that in the Tekken community 2 years ago?

No, it was a stupid theory that somehow caught on and wasn't supported by any evidence or logic. All of those characters are unpopular. That's why they're currently left out. Kuma and Yoshi are also unpopular but are legacy characters who've always been in, coincidentally also with stances. Ling's there too! They'd play fine. I've been playing T7 for a while now, they'd fit without reworking.

Let me also shock you with why Wang and Roger aren't in the game...

No matter how you try to spin it a version of tekken 7 has been out for a couple of years now.

Sure but does not change the fact that T6 and T6BR had noticable enough differences , besides BR being the one released on consoles .

Or that many people would not like the initial arcade version of T7 , if released as it was 2 years ago .

If bothersome , some might wanna think of it as only getting SF4 arcade edition 2013 or Ultra SF4 , without having access to the original SF4 .

yyr

They never outright said she died or anything though right? Just that she disappeared the night Ogre attacked.

Yeah, they never confirmed her death.

I think it includes tunes from previous Tekken games, those that were on playstation beforehand

So? That doesn't mean they have to stay there. The X360 version of TTT2U had all of the same jukebox features and past soundtracks that the PS3 version did.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Harada has specifically said on twitter that Jun is not dead, just missing. He's very particular when people bring that up

Finally, over 3 years since the PS4 released and we now finally we get a release date for Tekken 7. I love most fighting games but Tekken is the GOAT, it's the only one I can get casuals to play, even if they don't play games they can still button mash and win, and I don't think there's another mainstream fighting game with so many different characters most with unique fighting styles and movesets. I also can't believe there's no Lei Wulong, how you gonna remove Jackie Chan the greatest action star of all time from the game, and Raven is now a female character? Raven was basically Wesley Snipes as Blade, another character I really liked. Oh well, at least I'll be able to play a fighting game locally again.

ShinMaruku

Look at this incredibly prominent character in the Dragon Ball story
Milk_enoji.png

edit: I'm laughing at the idea of making her important through marriage with the main character. It can go either way.
If I had any say on the story, I would have her becoming the heir of the Mishima Zaibatsu (turning it in an entertainment corporation and clearing its name) while Jin self exiles himself because of war crimes and people targeting his devil gene (ex: Dragunov)

If ya want to point at a dbz character made important through being a mum to a main character:

Goku's broken ass mother.

So? That doesn't mean they have to stay there. The X360 version of TTT2U had all of the same jukebox features and past soundtracks that the PS3 version did.
I guess this time around they wanted playstation owners to feel extra nostalgic.

JayEH

Digital Deluxe Edition is up on PSN for $85.

Thanks.

Sure but does not change the fact that T6 and T6BR had noticable enough differences , besides BR being the one released on consoles .

Or that many people would not like the initial arcade version of T7 , if released as it was 2 years ago .

If bothersome , some might wanna think of it as only getting SF4 arcade edition 2013 or Ultra SF4 , without having access to the original SF4 .

I don't mind getting the final complete version of the game it just sucks that's it been this long since if we use the SF that's years of not doing focus attacks, ultras, the new links, etc. you're still behind even if the latest arcade SF is only a few months ahead of the console release. I think that's what others are upset about mostly. Anyway don't mean to derail thread just happy to have a date now.

Top Bottom