• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Best Tekken cover since TTT.

If ya want to point at a dbz character made important through being a mum to a main character:

Goku's broken ass mother.

When was Goku's mom ever shown?

Toki767

That figure in the CE makes me really nervous that Heihachi's hand will fall off/start bending from Kazuya's weight in the long run.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
That CE is way too expensive for what it is. Digital Deluxe for me I guess.

HeelPower

I wish Akuma was on

Akuma might've been at one point.

Its amazing how the Akuma thing fizzled out.

They took so long that Akuma already got his potential exhausted and is already available on SFV.

I am glad he's not on the cover ,because he's not even consequential as a marketing tool anymore.

Playsage

If ya want to point at a dbz character made important through being a mum to a main character:

Goku's broken ass mother.
My point was that hinting to a bigger role for a female character because of marriage with (supposedly) the main character is pretty much bullshit. Chichi is the most popular example of this situation: after her marriage, she's relegated to being a comic relief or being a minor obstacle to Gohan's training.

Any collector's editions? I'd like to order them all.

EDIT: Just preorderd the NA one let, please let me know of any different Asian/EUR one.

Akuma might've been at one point.

Its amazing how the Akuma thing fizzled out.

They took so long that Akuma already got his potential exhausted and is already available on SFV.

I am glad he's not on the cover ,because he's not even consequential as a marketing tool anymore.

Until Tokido wins EVO with him.

Personally I'm glad on the release date. Not coming during the packed Q1. I can dedicate time to Tekken with it coming in the summer.

Hyun Sai

The cover in the OP is the definitive one ? Not the Akuma / Heihachi thing ?

If so, I got to say, that cover will make me buy the physical edition. Holy Shit !

Perfect launch date IMO.

wrongway

Damn, so much for "Early 2017." Oh well, at least that makes these first few months of games easier. Lookin forward to this when it finally rolls around.

Please don't be another SFV.

Pachimari

No, it was a stupid theory that somehow caught on and wasn't supported by any evidence or logic. All of those characters are unpopular. That's why they're currently left out. Kuma and Yoshi are also unpopular but are legacy characters who've always been in, coincidentally also with stances. Ling's there too! They'd play fine. I've been playing T7 for a while now, they'd fit without reworking.

Let me also shock you with why Wang and Roger aren't in the game...
Which is why Lei and Chang should be in too. They're fucking legacy characters. But yeah, Ling's in with different stances. Lei is coming ... I can feel it.

Also the cover looks shit because the faces aren't aligned damn.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Hope the jukebox allows for a 'randomize' feature. Loved the similar inclusion in TTT2 and even DOA5LR, but you had to always back out to the main menu and manually set new tracks to play if you got tired of the one you always hear on specific stages in those two games. Kind of ruined the fun of having such a large sound library when it is up to the player to manage it from the title screen.

Pachimari

How much is the physical Collector's Edition? And will I have to buy the Season Pass separately?

Is it even up for pre-order anywhere? I don't see it on Amazon UK.

PC or PS4? PC or PS4? If I can get 60fps@4K on PC then it'll be that but I doubt I will get that performance. Also online cheating on PC? Hmmm. PC or PS4?

FINALLY Eliza will be playable in something other than that F2P Tekken game. She's the one character I've been hoping they'd be adding more than any other.

Now all I need to know is if the PS4 version will support PS3 arcade sticks, if not then it'll be the PC version for me. Day one for the deluxe edition either way.

Coming out in 4 days before my 35th birthday? This should be good.

Plus they should've given Xiaoyu her T3/TTT costume with her Chinese outfit in pink:

4.jpg

I miss that one.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Thats a dope ass cover art

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Plus they should've given Xiaoyu her T3/TTT costume with her Chinese outfit in pink:

4.jpg

I miss that one.

probably her worst look ever. I always preferred the blue with the black bike shorts. hell even the stupid schoolgirl outfit was better

HeelPower

4.jpg

I miss that one.

Favorite Xiao Design.

She used to look more like a martial artist and less like a model.

People are already good at T7. It's already an uphill battle for anyone.

LOL

How different is Namco gonna make the console version? It's not like everyone's skills from the arcade version are gonna reset once the console version comes out.

Doesn't matter since Tekken is mostly a legacy game anyways. People adjusted to T7 so quickly it didn't even matter lol.

No. It's because they would be hard to translate to Tekken 7. I'm pretty sure we agreed on that in the Tekken community 2 years ago?

I definitely didn't agree with that

If only they treated SoulCalibur with the same respect:

Sigh.

I like you lol

Harada has specifically said on twitter that Jun is not dead, just missing. He's very particular when people bring that up

You want to know the real reason why he said that & the real reason why she hasn't been playable since Tekken 3?

Because he didn't want Jun fans to be upset & because
she's too old to be playable.

She's not even that popular in the Asian regions, which is what the series has always targeted against.

You want to know the real reason why he said that & the real reason why she hasn't been playable since Tekken 3?

Because he didn't want Jun fans to be upset & because
she's too old to be playable.

She's not even that popular in the Asian regions, which is what the series has always targeted against.

What about TTT2?

Top Bottom