• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Baleoce

Definitely getting this on PC. I want to support future TEKKEN releases for the platform. Luckily I think Bandai Namco is getting a lot better at this now.

TrojanAg

So that physical collector's edition does NOT come with the season pass? With it being so expensive I would hope so but it doesn't sound like it :(

Um, every Tekken game since 2 has added characters post-launch.

He's referring to supporting the game well after the game releases on consoles, not the arcade to console release.

Namco has a bad habit of not supporting their games after about two months after release.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
well ideally all 3 platforms will have an active online community, but yeah Harada himself even said that playstation is the main platform for tekken. that's where the robust community will be
the PC version will probably still look better than the pro'd Ps4 version tho.
I don't think it will, not by much anyway.
I think the difference between PS4 and PC will be the same as PS4 and Pro, and that will mainly be IQ and Framrate.
Sure you will probably be able to push native 4k on PC but I don't think anything else would be a major difference.
Its gonna look fantastic on both platforms, the difference will be exclusive content and like you said, that heritage roburst community.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
At this point, if you want to play online for more than a couple of weeks, may as well just buy the PS version. It's pretty clear it's the main platform.

farisr

Nice, I was dreading it being another game I'm interested in dropping Q1. June 2nd is a good release date the game can get good attention from folks at that time, and I should be done with the games that have been piling up for me since the end of last year.

So basically to get Lei and others, we'll need to spend $25 extra for the season pass? Ugh Harada, why are you killing your fans like this.

Pre-ordered anyway. :(

p.s. that T2 King looks boss

Chavelo

Imma just get the PS4 version for the online netcode/tournament standard for offline matches, and then get the PC version for best IQ/modding/alt+tabbing.

THAT'S the best of both worlds.

Sillverrr

June feels like a long ass time away :( I'll still pick this up for PS4, as I have a lot of nostalgia for this series (Nina Williams for life), and it'll have more offline modes than Capcom's offerings. I know fighting games are all about the multiplayer, but sometimes you just want to play against the CPU.

Gren

Imma just get the PS4 version for the online netcode/tournament standard for offline matches, and then get the PC version for best IQ/modding/alt+tabbing.

THAT'S the best of both worlds.
I hope there's an easy way to disable custom parts so I only see the default models, even for opponents.

I'm boring :p

Probably gonna take a wait and see on ps4 vs PC.

Fighting games are just so much more convenient on PC. Hopefully the online community is there.

Shredderi

PC version would be a no-brainer for me for the conveniency (can start the game more quickly since I wouldn't have to start up my PS4 as well, also I have 2 dualshock 3 controllers and only one DS4 so if I wanna play against a friend locally I could), but I don't want to be left with a dead online mode.

Deps

Definitely going with PC, Tekken has a lot of online monsters so I'm not worried about the community. There's people still playing the xbox version of T6.

Or around 3-5 bucks per character if you prefer.

No...that doesn't sound any better. All the main characters should be in the base game. Tekken games always provided a ton of value, so it's sad to see Namco going this route. I'm not opposed to DLC that's truly additional content, like extra stages or music, but if major characters like Lei are now behind an extra monetary gate it's kind of a shitty move.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
So basically to get Lei and others, we'll need to spend $25 extra for the season pass? Ugh Harada, why are you killing your fans like this.

Pre-ordered anyway. :(

p.s. that T2 King looks boss

Not necessarily. The game still has 4+ months for them to reveal more characters for the base game's roster.

Rajang

No...that doesn't sound any better. All the main characters should be in the base game. Tekken games always provided a ton of value, so it's sad to see Namco going this route. I'm not opposed to DLC that's truly additional content, like extra stages or music, but if major characters like Lei are now behind an extra monetary gate it's kind of a shitty move.

This.

One year from release, I'd gladly pay a handful of dollars for a new character rather that took time to design, program and balance if it means supporting the game and keeping people playing. Of course free would be awesome but that isn't a likely scenario.

Well I mean...

One year from release, I'd gladly pay a handful of dollars for a new character rather that took time to design, program and balance if it means supporting the game and keeping people playing. Of course free would be awesome but that isn't a likely scenario.

Like do people forget that Namco completely drops support of their fighters after a month?

Fredrik

No Switch version like many were speculating, Nintendoomed
Missed opportunity, daily local multiplayer at work with one joycon each would've been awesome, a real bummer that it's not happening, I don't have anyone to play fighting games with at home nowadays so now it'll be single player only for me :/

Skilletor

We wouldn't have gotten any extra characters at all if not for the potential of additional revenue.

If it bothers you that much that they're going to continue supporting the game after its release, just wait until it's at a price you feel is justifies this support.

One year from release? All I care about is the console release. That's the "day 1" for me, not the arcade release. We've always had all the additional console content for free in the Tekken series, this is not some sudden additional hardship.

Rheon

I mean, I accept Harada's apology about the release date but would it have been so hard to not announce 'early 2017' when you weren't really sure when the release date would be? :/

Degen

Seems like the best deal is to just get the regular version and pay for the Season Pass if you don't want to buy digital. Works for me.

My point was that hinting to a bigger role for a female character because of marriage with (supposedly) the main character is pretty much bullshit. Chichi is the most popular example of this situation: after her marriage, she's relegated to being a comic relief or being a minor obstacle to Gohan's training.

Chichi is angry tiger mom now. It's kinda annoying.

Cloukyo

Banned

This.

They're doing extra work to provide extra content in an already massive game. It takes a LOT of time and money to create just one character alone.

Charging an extra couple of quid isn't too much to ask. Back in the day you had to rebuy the whole game to get an updated version. These days you get free balance patches and new characters can be bought individually when they are made.

No-one is complaining about baiken being added to GGXrd even though she's a mainstay character, because they've already accepted and understood the "we'll add more characters but it costs us money so you need to pay us" idea.

Yoooo Tekken 2 King? Hell yeah! Give us more legacy costumes. Tekken 4 Marshall Law (orange pants + moustache) or Tekken 4 Paul please. Hell, give us Tekken 4 everyone.

Top Bottom