• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Lmao. They don't even deserve a stage cameo.

tumblr_ofkyavnEdz1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Creaking

I remember some people complaining about the juggles and wall game. There was also these huge loading times that were a pain in the ass.

The people damning Tekken 6 for juggles better not be praising Tag 2 over it.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Is Tekken 6 considered to be good? I might get the game on all 3 platforms (I tend to do this with multiplat fighters I wat to get into) and the Xbox One preorder bonus might make me bite a few days earlier and get a taste of Tekken a bit. Like I said before, I only played a Tekken game in an arcade many years ago.

Loading times were the biggest issue in T6, that and the subpar story mode(which was lengthy but was merely an updated Tekken Force beat em up that wasn't too great). Arcade mode endings also required you to play a significant amount of time into it to unlock the 'arena' to earn them too.

Game itself was alright. Wayyyy too much focus on Lars and the android girl whom felt far too garish and over-designed even by Tekken standards. Outside of a few controversial balancing issues that the hardcore mostly scoff at, game itself was alright.

TTT2 was just a better package overall though I felt. Tekken 6 has to be cheap on its own on Xbone(or even cheaper at retail), seems insane to purchase T7 on multiple platforms specifically for T6.

For some reason Tekken 6 didnt click with me. Its hard to explain.

It didn't for many. Besides the obvious issues, the frontend and aesthetic design just felt sterile and off-putting as well. There was a lack of confidence in the run-up to T6 that felt distant from both T5 and now T7 in comparison.

SarusGray

Yup I saw it earlier and
said yikes

Harada, "TK5 Story mode was good. But We've more "Advanced idea" for story mode. "

I feel like I should wait for a sale. My main isn't in here, load times are long, story mode and character endings aren't good. Love the fighting style in this game but jesus I am feeling disappointed.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
They probably will. So watch it if you are interested in it.

I'm also now officially shipping Jin and Miguel. At least that happened.

I'm doing Miguel and Shaheen shipping. Jin can join be in a poly relationship

SarusGray

Welp.
At least there's the story mode.

The endings here are worse than Tekken 6 by a large mile. There's that and also just having a new tekken is amazing. But jeez did Harada drop the dam freaking ball hyping these endings. Should've just stayed quiet. Feels so subpar these endings.

I'm doing Miguel and Shaheen shipping. Jin can join be in a poly relationship

That's way too much masculinity with just those two, good job balancing it out with
Jin

SarusGray

Holy shit and i thought the game takes ages because they wanna cram in as much content as possible into this but everything i hear and see is the opposite.

Guess Injustice 2 spoiled me too much.

I just bought Injustice 2 and completed the story mode and yes, I feel wayy too spoiled. NRS really stepped up their game and showed us that a great story mode is possible in a fighting game. I've been a tekken fan since the first but I am disappointed as hell. I feel like this is another SFV scenario with the focus being on its online components,
which isn't bad, but I love a good arcade mode with an ending as well as other single player modes. not fight one character and boom its done. I feel like these endings are incomplete and hopefully they update and add more stories and characters.

FHIZ

So I've never been able to get into Tekken but I'm gonna try it again come Friday. As someone who plays a lot of Christie in DoA, is there a similar character in T7 I might be able to get started with. I know there's fundamental differences in the fights between series, but I'm thinking more in a move set sort of way.

BossRush

Eh. I guess I'm in the minority here where I don't mind a lack of content sometimes. Do I wish there was more? Yeah of course, but that's not what I play fighting games for.

SarusGray

Eh. I guess I'm in the minority here where I don't mind a lack of content sometimes. Do I wish there was more? Yeah of course, but that's not what I play fighting games for.

Injustice 2 says hi. Street Fighter 5 says hi as well.

One game catered to both, another catered to one. Not sayign Tekken won't fare good, but why not both? >.>?

Vazra

So I've never been able to get into Tekken but I'm gonna try it again come Friday. As someone who plays a lot of Christie in DoA, is there a similar character in T7 I might be able to get started with. I know there's fundamental differences in the fights between series, but I'm thinking more in a move set sort of way.

I think Nina maybe?

If you want easy to get into characters I would tell you Lili, Asuka, Paul and Miguel

jett

D-Member
So what's this I was hearing about arcade mode not having ending movies? I need my Tekken silliness of Heihachi strapping Jin to a space rocket.

Creaking

On the plus side, Tekken is still very fun and engaging to play. The core of the game experience will be good. But yeah, the way things are structured this time around... hmm.

I still wish there would be a fighter in this day and age that has you play through arcade mode with a set of starting fighters to unlock the rest of the fighters. It's silly, but I remember finding that enthralling back in the days of Tekken 5 and SoulCalibur III.

And then just have a simple cheat code for tournaments.

Honestly feel like this game has a tonne of content wrapped around a great fighting system. People are being whiny bitches.

There are a lot of good ways to start a conversation. You should try one of them next time.

Meh...All I'm gonna say is that a number of other fighters have absolutely no problems delivering quality gameplay + side-content.

Guilty Gear / Blazblue series
NRS games
Nearly every other Tekken release...

BossRush

Injustice 2 says hi. Street Fighter 5 says hi as well.

One game catered to both, another catered to one. Not sayign Tekken won't fare good, but why not both? >.>?

I'm not saying it shouldn't, In fact I'm all for more content and NRS style story modes and what not. Those are rad.

It's just not a deal breaker for me.

SarusGray

Honestly feel like this game has a tonne of content wrapped around a great fighting system. People are being whiny bitches.

Opinions are nice. Insults aren't. I've played all the Tekken series, competed online and was a top player in the online scene, but even then I feel the content is way to scarce in this day and age, especially for a game like Injustice 2 to have been recently released. You know damn well this game is going to be compared to that in reviews content wise. Harada's day one patch better be huge and fix the problems like online load times, stage loading times, and these barebone character endings.

MikeBison

So it has a story mode, it has all your normal practice and versus stuff, it has online alone with tournament features, it has an arcade mode, it has a mode where you fight against multipliers and stuff, it has the treasure hunt mode, it has loads of customisation.

What exactly is missing that means people are comparing this to like a bare bones SFV deal?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Possible. From someone that has yet to play either IJ2 and T7, they don't appear too different from a wide glance.

Both games offer wacky arcade style tower modes(Multiverse/Treasure Battle)
Both games feature a heavy emphasis on gear customization and unlocks
Both games have a sub-3h story mode.

Tekken is just missing its prime ingredient. Enjoyable and rewarding CG endings. A staple since the first game(and minigames which I am actually for removing).

SarusGray

So it has a story mode, it has all your normal practice and versus stuff, it has online alone with tournament features, it has an arcade mode, it has a mode where you fight against multipliers and stuff, it has the treasure hunt mode, it has loads of customisation.

What exactly is missing that means people are comparing this to like a bare bones SFV deal?

Have you ever played a Tekken game? Tekken games often are filled with content and have actual development in certain character story lines. At least in the Scenario Campaign in Tekken 6 (I'm not saying its good) all characters had a role and no characters were cut from the previous roster.

In this reiteration, we don't have our standard Arcade mode where we fight multiple CPU opponents and receive an ending. We instead received one character episode battles with an extremely lackluster ending even though fans of the story line where promised a better story than tekken 5 (which wasn't actually too bad at all). Add insult to injury, characters were deleted that certain players main'd with no reasoning truly behind it and no replacements for them.

Team battle? A standard in the Tekken franchise is non-existent. Survival mode? One of my favorite modes is gone. Where the hell is the single player content? At least ghost battle is in but yeah I feel they dropped the ball. You don't delete content from a game, you add upon it. At least we have a story mode that isn't as bad as the character episodes that you'll probably play only once and be done with it.

you mean one catered to both and the other catered to none

I call shade.

Vazra

Meh...All I'm gonna say is that a number of other fighters have absolutely no problems delivering quality gameplay + side-content.

Guilty Gear / Blazblue series
NRS games
Nearly every other Tekken release...

Dead or Alive 5 also is packed with content. Sure there was no customization but there was plenty of outfits to unlock and it had multiple modes.

Story
Arcade
Versus
Time Attack
Survival
Ranked Match
Unranked Match
Lobby Match – Up to 16 players
Leaderboards
Fighters List
Throwdown Challenge
Online Dojo
Training
Combo Training
Spectator Mode – Watch replays and take pictures of the matches.

And I think some stuff got added in the updates that I may be forgetting so yeah. Some modes are not even that hard to implement since they are literally just arcade mode with some minor changes.

Top Bottom