• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Do we know if King's NJPW stuff is coming to the western release and how to get it? It might make or break me immediately getting the season pass or not.

Sure, this garbage 90 minutes story mode compensates for the hours of gameplay I would have spent in a good arcade mode like T4's.

And those single fight character episodes, I'd rather not even talk about it...

Now that SFV has a story mode AND character prologues, it beats T7 in terms of story content.

Garbage? It looks really good, fun and will be a better way to conclude the Mishima saga than a single canon CGI scene or a story mode like in Tekken 6.

I will miss too the traditionnal CGI endings though but it seems they did a great effort with the story mode, we'll find out soon enough anyway.

Do we know if King's NJPW stuff is coming to the western release and how to get it? It might make or break me immediately getting the season pass or not.

It's in the western version along with the Bullet Club shirts. Not sure on how to get it but i would be legitimately surprised if it was locked behind the Season Pass. Probably unlockable in-game.

Hutchie

This isn't true, endings have played at the end of arcade mode in recent entries (Tag 2 you could unlock them randomly through chests as well).

Tekken 7 has over 90 minutes of cutscenes in it. That's like triple the amount you'd find in Tekken 5 and 6. Anyone accusing Namco of being lazy needs to insert a brain into their head.

Aside from the tag games, tekkens 4 and 5 had story modes. If you complete arcade you got no ending. Need to check the situation in 6

HeelPower

Yup, no buy unless sale for me.

No team battle.. tssh fuck off Harada

No seriously, why does this game not have Team Battle?

I was hoping the game would have ONLINE Team battle where people can have team format battles against each other.

The tournament mode is cool ,but I wish traditional fighting games would cook up more interesting/new modes other than just ranked and player matches.

Its been the same couple modes for ages.
Finally Released

For Real.

They sure took their sweat ass time with this one.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Yup, no buy unless sale for me.

No team battle.. tssh fuck off Harada

No seriously, why does this game not have Team Battle?

What I find bizarre is that Treasure Battle operates through a series of fairly quickly-loading fights on the same stage (eventually switching) between different opponents. Sound familiar?

Marvel

could never
ac2gxqfp

derFeef

Is Tekken 6 considered to be good? I might get the game on all 3 platforms (I tend to do this with multiplat fighters I wat to get into) and the Xbox One preorder bonus might make me bite a few days earlier and get a taste of Tekken a bit. Like I said before, I only played a Tekken game in an arcade many years ago.

cordy

Banned
Is Tekken 6 considered to be good? I might get the game on all 3 platforms (I tend to do this with multiplat fighters I wat to get into) and the Xbox One preorder bonus might make me bite a few days earlier and get a taste of Tekken a bit. Like I said before, I only played a Tekken game in an arcade many years ago.

Good but not great. Check it out and see for yourself.

Tekken 7 has over 90 minutes of cutscenes in it. That's like triple the amount you'd find in Tekken 5 and 6. Anyone accusing Namco of being lazy needs to insert a brain into their head.

Cutscenes != Content.

I mean if we're comparing this to SFV then sure it has more content but compared to past games it's definitely lacking, and idk how you can fault people for feeling this way.

I love the slow mo but im a little sad that replays are gone...tekken has grown up now

Damn, no replays? I don't understand why they would remove them, one of the best things about playing locally was watching the final blow in slow mo straight after you KO the opponent. That along with no Lei and no Team Battle is pretty disappointing.

ZeroX03

Banned
E: for a second I thought people meant like full match replays lol

It's fine, but TTT2 is better in every way except single player content. And that's not saying T6 has good SP content, just that it has it.

Rajang

Its a great game when it comes to offline content.

Also solo Tekken > Tag.

Slaythe

Damn, no replays? I don't understand why they would remove them, one of the best things about playing locally was watching the final blow in slow mo straight after you KO the opponent. That along with no Lei and no Team Battle is pretty disappointing.

Man they better had team battle and online team battle.

That was a great way to have fun with friends. Especially when not everyone has the same level.

Its a great game when it comes to offline content.

Also solo Tekken > Tag.

I'd usually agree, but Tekken 6 was probably the worst Tekken (back in context of when it released). Hated the hell out of it.

Well they replaced it with a slowmo during the final hit which I actually like better.

cordy

Banned
Tbh, a lot of people are making comments on the content but haven't been keeping up with the development on the game. There's really 2 choices: would you rather have the game be pushed back again to have additional modes added to it straight out or release now and have those modes added later on since they're going to be adding to the game post-release? Given it's been said that they've been slaving over the game during development (Tekken Team) and even had to push the game back once just to put more into it, it's obviously a time aspect rather than a decision aspect. They know what fans want, they just didn't have enough time to add certain things to the game.

So that's pretty much what it is. People can be upset about it but at least understand why it happened. Somebody in another topic straight up said Bamco lacked the passion they once did which was pretty stupid for example. Watching the developer interviews on the game shows otherwise.

Harada was actually talking the other day on stream about having more support for the game post-release unlike other Tekken titles. Mind you that TTT2's support ended after 2 months. This is a different game.

Tekken 4 was my first Tekken game and I really loved that when I was younger, so when I picked up a PS3 I got Tekken 6 and it didn't do anything for me, it actually put me off the series for a bit which is why I skipped TTT2. Then when Tekken Revolution came out since it was free, I fooled around with it and I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. And it's a big reason why I'm so hyped for 7.

Yeah I know I have shit taste in Tekken games.

Lei was my main in T3 and TTT, actually I felt in love with Tekken because of Lei, I just couldn't believe all that plethora of moves and arsenal at his disposal, I would spend hours on training mode learning all the stances and its follow-ups and combinations.
Can't believe he is gone...

Harada said that the season pass means they can continue working on the game for another year. I'm kinda hoping that they through team battle in there as a free update or something. I doubt Team battle would be part of the season pass.

One of my favorite things about Tekken is the variety of modes their past games had. Ghost, Survival, Time Attack, Team Battle. I'm bummed they are missing.

Doomshine

Harada said that the season pass means they can continue working on the game for another year. I'm kinda hoping that they through team battle in there as a free update or something. I doubt Team battle would be part of the season pass.

One of my favorite things about Tekken is the variety of modes their past games had. Ghost, Survival, Time Attack, Team Battle. I'm bummed they are missing.
Let them know that you want these things, tweet at Harada and Michael Murray, they've added things based on feedback before.

Spuck-uk

Banned
The entire story is up on Youtube if anyone is interested.

Looks like
----------- Devil Kazuya ----------
could be a potential DLC character.
---- He ----
has a
unique rage art and a couple of new moves
and everything. Looks awesome btw.

You can access him in the game anyway as part of Kazuyas RA

Hutchie

Tekken 6 was great, shame the port wasnt perfect and that two stages are confined to random select. Not too sure what problems people had with it...maybe the combo system?

Zeel

Lei was my main in T3 and TTT, actually I felt in love with Tekken because of Lei, I just couldn't believe all that plethora of moves and arsenal at his disposal, I would spend hours on training mode learning all the stances and its follow-ups and combinations.
Can't believe he is gone...

Shit, no Lei...
And I actually started with Tekken 2 playing Lei because I was a huge fan of Jackie Chan's old Kung Fu and Police Story movies.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

It's got a few rough spots (loading times, image quality, netcode), but the core is really good. I don't know if the backwards compatibility of the Xbox One improves much, I only played the PS3 version, but from my understanding, the 360 version was always a little better.

Tekken 6 was great, shame the port wasnt perfect and that two stages are confined to random select. Not too sure what problems people had with it...maybe the combo system?

I don't get it either. I was very happy with the game, and I followed it for quite a long time before it finally came out. I'd kill for a remaster that cleans it up a bit.

cordy

Banned
Tbh people haven't even mentioned wanting Survival, Time Attack or Team Battle much prior to the game's release but they've always been bombarded with Story Mode, customization and Arcade Mode comments, same with classic costumes so that's not a surprise to me that if they've got to meet a deadline, they'll work on the things more people have commented on than things people have rarely commented on. If they can work on what people want more, get them in the game and then add the other stuff, the rarely talked about things, in the game later then that's what would benefit them more.

Actually, Harada made a similar comment when it came to characters on IGN the other week.

That said, it's kind of tough, because, like - Eddy, who was revealed for the game recently – before we revealed him, everyone was complaining about ‘where's Eddy? He's missing!' but up until then, when he is in the game, people are complaining ‘Capos are dirty, we hate them!' We don't hear the people saying ‘I love this character, he's cool and I like to play him', there's just the negativity. ‘Oh, he sucks, I hate Capos.' It would be – it might even influence the roster decision choices if we hear more about the people who enjoy playing these characters. Instead of waiting until they don't show up and then complain then.
Just replace "character" with "modes" and it's the same thing.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I remember some people complaining about the juggles and wall game. There was also these huge loading times that were a pain in the ass.

Top Bottom