• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

How unimaginative!

Worst case: console version cancelled, they call us bitches and whiners again, say "we could have done nothing" a lot. Namco closing down at the end of the year.

Best case: Tekken 8 coming out on console in February 2017 instead.

=D

(Honestly i want to expect a release date and a (completely new) character, but we've been let down a lot so i don't dare hope. )

I just want a Julia announcement and a release date and I am happy.

sasuke_91

T7 releases February 1st, includes Demo version of Tekken x Street Fighter. Europe exclusive, since we got NOTHING these last two years T^T

GrayFoxPL

How unimaginative!

Worst case: console version cancelled, they call us bitches and whiners again, say "we could have done nothing" a lot. Namco closing down at the end of the year.

Best case: Tekken 8 coming out on console in February 2017 instead.

=D

(Honestly i want to expect a release date and a (completely new) character, but we've been let down a lot so i don't dare hope. )

1uJoTPY.gif

I can see Murray coming on stage saying all of Tekken Project including Harada were eaten by a bear while on recent trip to a wildlife park.

"Me? I was riding with my model-like girlfriend in my cool ass sports car at the time."

"Only thing we found were Harada's san sunglasses..."

*Puts on Harada's sunglasses

*dances

FTY3kcx.gif

AAK

T7 is just spectator game

It's almost .poetic how felicitous a single adjective can be.

I'm currently in a study group for a Final Exam in 2 days so I won't be watching either. I'll try to stay up till 3AM my time once I reach home to catch whatever the announcement is but I'll probably pass out.

Maybe he wants to prepare us for the worst.

Well, he did say these were the good times to be a Tekken fan.

Meaning it can only go down from here.

That's what it means, right?

(Actual answer: Is Markman on commentary or something again this year? If so he's probably busy as hell. )

Edit: Yup, he's on commentary with TastySteve. Stream just started. It's a preshow or something i think.

GrayFoxPL

Well, he did say these were the good times to be a Tekken fan.

Meaning it can only go down from here.

That's what it means, right?

(Actual answer: Is Markman on commentary or something again this year? If so he's probably busy as hell. )

It takes him 0.7 sec to copy paste that phrase into this thread. ;)

At least I'll see some pools. Please don't be Alisas first.
Also I made another Twitch account. They can't ban me twice, right? Right?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I've kind of lost all hype for the console release. T7 is just spectator game for me which is super sad.

Don't be like that! We'll have our fun matches just like we did in Tag 2. :p

It's been awhile since I've posted here. Been missing you something fierce TekkenGAF

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Man, I appreciate them trying for the fur physics but they made Kuma look hella weird. The jump from the in-game shot to his CG is hilarious. Glad they didn't make him fart or anything like that for his rage art.

sasuke_91

The fur looks good in my opinion. Other than that I don't really care about Kuma or Panda. Honestly I'm indifferent towards Lei and Julia as well. Good for people who play the characters though if they get announced.

Is it just me or do the bears' hits look like they have a lot more "OOMPH!" behind them? Could be my imagination.

Sayah

Yeah, I'm off this boat. What a waste of time following. anticipating. and getting frustrated over this game for two years. I'm skeptical there will even be a release in early 2017.

joeblow

The only thing I suppose like about Kuma/Panda in the game is that I can do big character combos on them at the wall. It's interesting though that the two aren't move set clones anymore.

Other than that, I was hoping for other returning characters. Oh well, at least Murray said that there will be more revealed down the line.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Yeah, I'm off this boat. What a waste of time following. anticipating. and getting frustrated over this game for two years. I'm skeptical there will even be a release in early 2017.

Got rid of the avatar and everything. Not like this Sayah. :(

Sayah

Got rid of the avatar and everything. Not like this Sayah. :(

They couldn't even manage to announce a release date in 2016 for a game that should have actually released in 2016. Buying Tekken 7 for me means supporting this model and telling Namco that this is all okay so they can treat their worldwide fans like shit for 2+ years all over again with Tekken 8. I vote with my wallet and they're not getting my money.

GrayFoxPL

You'll get fuck you from MarkMan for your complains.

Remember they never gave us reason to complain. The endlessly delayed home version development wasn't because of infinite greed of Namco Bandai to milk arcade players for as long as possible. Same when someone out there decided that a player has to pay 4 credits instead of 2 for a simple rematch with other player. I'm sure no one out there ever said: "If those suckers pay 2, they will pay 4. Easy." That's not a proof of the greed, that's business decision. For good of the customer most likely.

We're "spectators" of this game for years. Still waiting, watching thousands of matches, years passing. But remember it's not their fault we do, their greed and obvious stalling of starting a home ports is a delusion, so don't complain, you shouldn't. Because fuck complainers.

MarkMan can never relate to us. They gave him all of the game he ever wanted and more. How can he even start to understand our position. It's so easy to say: "I don't care.Fuck them" when you're on the other side of the spectrum where facts like: "No Tekken 7. You can't play it. Wait.Wait.Wait." simply don't exist.

LowParry

Didn't they say we'll get the release date next month? I'm not sure what event they're talking about. But it rules out January at least.

Sayah

You'll get fuck you from MarkMan for your complains.

Remember they never gave us reason to complain. The endlessly delayed home version development wasn't because of infinite greed of Namco Bandai to milk arcade players for as long as possible. Same when someone out there decided that a player has to pay 4 credits instead of 2 for a simple rematch with other player. I'm sure no one out there ever said: "If those suckers pay 2, they will pay 4. Easy." That's not a proof of the greed, that's business decision. For good of the customer most likely.

We're "spectators" of this game for years. Still waiting, watching thousands of matches, years passing. But remember it's not their fault we do, their greed and obvious stalling of starting a home ports is a delusion, so don't complain, you shouldn't. Because fuck complainers.

MarkMan can never relate to us. They gave him all of the game he ever wanted and more. How can he even start to understand our position. It's so easy to say: "I don't care.Fuck them" when you're on the other side of the spectrum where facts like: "No Tekken 7. You can't play it. Wait.Wait.Wait." simply don't exist.

The audacity to say that to fans/ex-fans when he's practically had the game in his hands for two years. The "Good time to be a TEKKEN fan" shtick is also hackneyed at this point. Even those people that haven't been as privileged as Markman and want to be Tekken apologists and talk down to the "complainers" can fuck right off at this point.

Didn't they say we'll get the release date next month? I'm not sure what event they're talking about. But it rules out January at least.

They announced that they will be confirming the release date for an early 2017 game in.........early 2017. Yeah, good luck.

GrayFoxPL

The audacity to say that to fans/ex-fans when he's practically had the game in his hands for two years. The "Good time to be a TEKKEN fan" shtick is also hackneyed at this point. Even those people that haven't been as privileged as Markman and want to be Tekken apologists and talk down to the "complainers" can fuck right off at this point.

Exactly.

They announced that they will be confirming the release date for an early 2017 game in.........early 2017. Yeah, good luck.

They said "maybe" about release date reveal. They can do whatever the fuck they want now with "maybe".

I'm tired of all their shit.

I need a break from all of this.

Pachimari

Holy shit, was Kuma and Panda just announced? Couldn't see how I would miss this news!

I'm liking the new colorful stage too!

Nuszka

I'm tired of all their shit.

I need a break from all of this.

Thats why i barely visit here or other tekken related places. Whats the point of hyping yourself getting excited. I will do that the month before release, spam the shit out of this thread, play tag 2 with ya all. I am even watching waaaayyy less T7 videos as I'm worried that by the time the game releases i will know to much about it and the magic of discovering new and exciting stuff will just evaporate.
See ya folks around the time a proper big announcement will possibly be made ;)

Creaking

Thats why i barely visit here or other tekken related places. Whats the point of hyping yourself getting excited. I will do that the month before release, spam the shit out of this thread, play tag 2 with ya all. I am even watching waaaayyy less T7 videos as I'm worried that by the time the game releases i will know to much about it and the magic of discovering new and exciting stuff will just evaporate.
See ya folks around the time a proper big announcement will possibly be made ;)

Same here. Pretty much stopped following Tekken 7 entirely as of late, so seeing the latest announcement thread here on NeoGAF was just a pleasant surprise.

Pachimari

Panda and Kuma will be two character slots?

I hope its like older Tekken games where they share the same slot and you pick either of them with a different button.
They will be 2 character slots, and have their own move set.

I love that we are getting online tournaments. Then we can make our own little tournaments in the weekends while we help each other out.

Creaking

They will be 2 character slots, and have their own move set.

I didn't watch the stream, only the trailer, but where is this coming from? Watching the trailer, they still both seemed to share the basic bear moveset. The only differences I could tell were the rage arts and intro/win poses.

sasuke_91

In these last two years I've seen people hyped for T7 before completely forgetting about it.
Had some SF-player friends who wanted to give Tekken a chance since they "weren't feeling" SFV and were looking for something new. Let's just say they had enough time to start liking SFV.
2 years is a long time. Back when T6 got released I didn't even notice. The same will happen for many people when T7 launches next year. They'll see the game while shopping at GameStop and be like "Wait, that game still exists? I thought Tekken 5 was the last one".
And yeah, that's a conversation I actually had with someone. Told him about T7 and he asked me if a Tekken 6 was even released.

I just need to vent a little. Let off some steam and continue ignoring T7 again. I watched the Grand Finals and while it was cool, it was just too frustrating to look at this game. Stopped in the middle and tuned in again for the announcements. Listened to what MarkMan and Co. had to say about us spectators and left unhappy.

Pachimari

I didn't watch the stream, only the trailer, but where is this coming from? Watching the trailer, they still both seemed to share the basic bear moveset. The only differences I could tell were the rage arts and intro/win poses.
Read it in a comment on Flying Monkey's Twitter. It was probably just a nobody concluding that from the trailer. I can't really remember who wrote it.

What did Markman say on the stream?

I also hope it'll release in February but it seems very unlikely if we don't get any more news until next month.

Michael Murray said the bears will have separate movelists during the stream. He would know.

Literally he said "Of course they have different Rage Arts, as you can see." ... "They're just explaining how it's not just a palette swap. They are their own character, as you can see with the differing Rage Arts." Timestamp.

Does that mean they get a whole moveset each? I dunno. Doesn't really sound like it to me.

Top Bottom