• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Rajang

ATP shows all the costumes. OLD ?!

The first batch is mostly great! Second not so much.

Few of my faves:

Damn, dat classy Alisa, Shaheen and Claudio, Dayum! HongKong style badass Feng and I wonder if that skull on Jin may be homage to T3 concept Jin that had skull on his arm.

I really like Golem Jack, Alissa and M. Raven customs.

Others I like that havent been posted:

img_item01_01.jpg

img_item01_30.jpg

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
Those "Arrange Defaults" look like they're toying with the idea of SoulCalibur 5's pattern system.

Blech. Namco, just because you killed off Anna for good doesn't mean you now have to give all the slutty stuff to the other Williams sister. Something like Raven's business outfit or Leo's Assault Battle Suit would have fit the character much better. But no, cooch and teets! From bride to biker slut in a single update.

Pachimari

I like Master Raven, Nina, Steve, Katarina and Marshall's costumes. The rest not so much.

And here's my main:

AoCH67n.jpg

I like everything on Josie too but the top. Her shirt doesn't look good at all. But the rest fits her very well, with the slippers and short pants. I'll probably let her wear that but with another shirt and without the headgear and make her skin a tan darker.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Just when you thought Jin's default couldn't look more ridiculous

t7fr_img_item02_25.jpg

Yoshimitsu looks pretty neat though.

t7fr_img_item02_28.jpg

Very alien

GrayFoxPL

Blech. Namco, just because you killed off Anna for good doesn't mean you now have to give all the slutty stuff to the other Williams sister. Something like Raven's business outfit or Leo's Assault Battle Suit would have fit the character much better. But no, cooch and teets! From bride to biker slut in a single update.

Dude, Nina always had some raunchiness going on. These all aren't really tactical suits. She loves those tight leather outfits and isn't shy to show off her "tactical advantage assets" any time.

QesYupu.gif

k7BP1Ss.jpg

kptO6Eh.jpg

ox3vzS8.jpg

N6IWg5b.jpg

52TijVH.jpg

wyRysRS.jpg

...and I like my little slutty Nina now.

klqUBL4.gif

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I like Master Raven, Nina, Steve, Katarina and Marshall's costumes. The rest not so much.

And here's my main:

AoCH67n.jpg

I like everything on Josie too but the top. Her shirt doesn't look good at all. But the rest fits her very well, with the slippers and short pants. I'll probably let her wear that but with another shirt and without the headgear and make her skin a tan darker.

Basically took the words out of my mouth. Dem shorts tho'

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
Dark brown with tan accents with bits of black is actually a nice idea for an alternative color scheme for that outfit. But that pattern makes it look like it's a bunch old lamp-shades from the 1970s stitched together.

If they did add the SC5 patterns to customization it would really help the generic customs, as patterns in that game could be used in subtle ways to get neat effects and up the detail on them. Some of them like the tiger pattern had bump maps on it, and if you made the colors the same, it would make that part look really worn and dirty. You could apply it to a karate gi and make a much more convincing Ryu, for example.

Unfortunately, what I'm seeing is mostly how you shouldn't use those patterns. Makes everything tacky, and really hard for your eye to focus on anything.

Kazumi and Yoshimitsu ones are nice, though.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
As mentioned, there will be an event in January & the release date will be announced.

I agree with many of you guys though, the announcement of Kuma & Panda wasn't as epic as what I would have wanted as a fan. Actually there were several announcements (tournament mode, Okada/NJPW promo, etc.), but we all knew everyone wanted the release date -- which I tried to squash/tell people in advance, it wasn't coming.

Either way, thanks for tuning in to the global finals. It's been a long and grueling year on the tour. Frustrating at times, but I can't imagine how much frustrating it must have been for many of you that don't have access to the game.

Next year is going to be the year of TEKKEN (or so they tell me)... but based on what I know, I definitely believe it. Happy Holidays NeoGAF fam.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Gigas has amazing i10 pressure/reward.

Not only does it KND, it wall splats! His wall damage is pretty buff and has great oki options.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...etribution-character-punishment-rankings.html

Punishment Rankings.

Gigas isn't so ASS in the 10 frame department.

https://twitter.com/Setnomessej/status/809629365440872448
Yoshi is tied if he's in NSS(2,1) as both do 31 damage and knock down (+ wallsplat from 2,1).

And of course, the 1+4 sword flash is in a league of its own. Situational, but some moves that are otherwise safe are launchable, including low moves now. This includes moves that are -10 to -14. It's all situational of course, and you pretty much need the Yohshimitsu Encyclopedia Nerdica to know which moves in which situations are vulnerable.

Why are a bunch of character missing from that list?

GrayFoxPL

I'm pretty dead tired, so not thinking that clearly, but did we get confirmation that bonus characters like Lee, Miguel etc. are free? Could they be dlc?

Sorry I can't remember shit right now.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm pretty dead tired, so not thinking that clearly, but did we get confirmation that bonus characters like Lee, Miguel etc. are free? Could they be dlc?

Sorry I can't remember shit right now.

They are included with the game. They are not DLC.

GrayFoxPL

So we are getting the release date next month? See that's something to look forward to. Hopefully it releases before May.

Don't even joke about May. How is that early 2017? Anything beyond March 15 will break me to pieces.

I'm afraid I could finish Demon's Souls by the time this game comes. And Demon's is ginormous game.

EVO games announcement is next month. That's probably when we will get our release date along with some Mark & Wizard banter.

Mark seriously if the game is running behind schedule try to convince the Namcops to just do one of those Steam early access beta things to at least get vs mode & practice mode out in the wild for the 2017 tournament season. If you guys miss Final Round it's going to be a huge missed opportunity to jump start the life of the game.

Disguising the release as an "open beta" will allow them to avoid criticism for releasing an unfinished game while still supporting the community.

GrayFoxPL

^ Geezas, I've been dreaming of some poor ass beta or demo for ages. But no, watching 1500 youtube videos is the closest I got to experience T7.

Edit:
Edit2:
But if stuff like beta or demo wasn't made already(though what was that thing at the events? Little story mode and definitely normal arcade and player matches were in this. Something might have been constructed from this. Unless that was the full game at the time.), they better not start now. Just finish the damn game. No more stalling.

CSX

Akuma teleporting out of back turn situations

I imagine he was able to do this since the last low hit was slow. I bet he wouldnt have been able to teleport if Dragunov did his other guarantee backturned combo (4,1 ; 1,3,2) but b213 leads to a juggle.

GrayFoxPL

Akuma teleporting out of back turn situations

I imagine he was able to do this since the last low hit was slow. I bet he wouldnt have been able to teleport if Dragunov did his other guarantee backturned combo (4,1 ; 1,3,2) but b213 leads to a juggle.

Dragunov slowed down his string to maximum and made it useless because he did b+2,1,3~1+2, the crouch throw. Just terrible decision. The sweep could possibly hit Akuma if he didn't go for a throw but I don't know if he is invincible from first frames of teleport or not.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Man, what would this game have been without Lee? Nothing. Squat diddly.

Or at least 100% less excellent

LeeThumbs1.gif

Top Bottom