• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

HeelPower

Guys would very much appreciate if anyone can tell where to watch King of Iron Fist Tournament Korea Qualifiers without spoilers ?

Thanks.

AAK

I honestly don't think the Korean qualifiers were streamed. If they were Wonkey would have posted it.

GrayFoxPL

That's a smart change. His constant demon flip mixups where he was practically invulnerable to punishment were too much. Tekken characters weren't designed to fight air to air or ground to air battles. For this purpose in SF they made super fast shoryukens, 6 jumping attacks and crouching uppercuts that lower character's hurtbox.

What do Tekkeneers have? 1,2 to ocasionaly catch hopkickis and other moves out of the air?

It's funny because old school moon jump kick uf+4 from Tekken 1&2 would deal with jumping Akuma pretty easily, haha.

He actually behaves like a complete SF character now that he has jump recovery. When Aris pointed that out awhile back, I figured well shit, maybe Namco didn't really pay attention to how SF characters work.

They probably over nerfed him at this point though so we'll see.

AAK

Too bad the only Manji user in the Globals is gonna get destroyed. K&T has a few weeks to get his execution on arcade stick to an acceptable level or else get run over by any jobber at the event.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Too bad the only Manji user in the Globals is gonna get destroyed. K&T has a few weeks to get his execution on arcade stick to an acceptable level or else get run over by any jobber at the event.

He's also only like 19, so fuck knows how his composure will hold up!

sasuke_91

That looks pretty fun. =D

Yeah, it's going to be 3vs3. It's pretty amazing because it didn't even take a day before the spots were filled. We're lucky we made it in.
Even 4 years after release you still find ~50 players for an Online tournament in a few hours.

By the way, team "German Power House" is probably gonna win^^

Good luck dude! is there a stream I can go to cheer you on?

Thanks! :D
It would be pretty dumb to not have a stream honestly. There are quite a few well-known European players in it, it has to be streamed.
I'll tell you when I know more.

2,5 weeks to go!

Yeah, it's going to be 3vs3. It's pretty amazing because it didn't even take a day before the spots were filled. We're lucky we made it in.
Even 4 years after release you still find ~50 players for an Online tournament in a few hours.

By the way, team "German Power House" is probably gonna win^^

Thanks! :D
It would be pretty dumb to not have a stream honestly. There are quite a few well-known European players in it, it has to be streamed.
I'll tell you when I know more.

2,5 weeks to go!

sweet, thanks!

sasuke_91

Hey man, good luck. I'll be fanboying on the stream. ;p
Haha thanks. You're allowed to pretend you don't know me if I fail miserably :p

By the way, there will be stream with commentary. Not sure what channel, but there's enough time to find out.

AAK

Hope you have fun during the tournament man, It's cool knowing there are others outside NinthPixel keeping TTT2 alive.

GrayFoxPL

I just played Lee for the first time in like a year. It felt amazing. I feel like playing Claudio has made my Lee so much better.

Wonder who's gonna be better character in Seven.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I installed and played Tekken Tag 2 Prologue for the first time ever.(After going crazy with Tag1)
This is the version based on original Tag 2 before Unlimited upgrade as I understand.

Fuck me, did someone test this demo on input lag? Because this version feels a lot more responsive to me then "real" Tag2. Movement and backdashing feel better, electrics too, shit, I even blocked couple hellsweeps on reaction in this version.
Fucking great! I'm hopping T7 will feel similar or better! (Please Tekken Project!)

Gameplay feels little different too. DJ's b+4 flips them over on normal hit and it feels great. Why did they change that? Also Alisa's head wave string seems to connect every single hit, not like in final version. I noticed that it's lot easier to score floats and bounds on grounded opponents. Eg. Kazuya's ff+3 seems to bound every grounded opponent that even twitches, like it scores every time! It's hard to explain, but it feels like opponent is always in range, they aren't pushed back far by ground hits.
I really love that shit.

I don't know maybe it's all my imagination. Stuff feels different, range of some moves feel greater and other things, like I was using Ling's 3+4 spin to parry incoming shit and it actually worked because it seemed like the parry window is bigger? I don't know. Does this even work in Tag2?

I wish the final Tag2 felt closer to this version sans Hworang's unblockable filler. Tag2 feels more restrained in move range and properties, murdering grounded opponents with bounds and pick ups. Maybe they were already slowly heading in the: "let noobs get up!" route. I'm really not looking forward to this aspect of T7, safe getups even from back position, buffed spring kick spam, and lack of refloats are blegh.

Anyway graphics don't look bad though worse than final game. I think I know why the movie costumes aren't in the main game. The wings, model and texture details and colors blend together so bad I couldn't see shit. Just big ass green-gray blur! Btw is the motion blur stronger in this? Sometimes it felt like I was playing T6 again.

Model viewer is always a great little thing to have! Why didn't it come to Tag2? :( Pls T7.

Rajang

I owe you a set btw. When I get internet finally set up I'll pm you.

Awesome.

sasuke_91

Hope you have fun during the tournament man, It's cool knowing there are others outside NinthPixel keeping TTT2 alive.

There's the people organizing the tournament and there's the community who keeps the game alive. I'm surprised by both and this makes me confident for T7.

It's going to start at 6PM German time, so you guys probably won't be able to catch the stream.

You better beat everyone Sasuke, even your team. XD

Rest assured. I'll definitely make my team lose :p

Give them hell Sasuke

I will teach them the meaning of fear!

I installed and played Tekken Tag 2 Prologue for the first time ever.(After going crazy with Tag1)
This is the version based on original Tag 2 before Unlimited upgrade as I understand.

Fuck me, did someone test this demo on input lag? Because this version feels a lot more responsive to me then "real" Tag2. Movement and backdashing feel better, electrics too, shit, I even blocked couple hellsweeps on reaction in this version.
Fucking great! I'm hopping T7 will feel similar or better! (Please Tekken Project!)

You know there's like a few frames of lag on the console version of TTT2 right?

cordy

Banned
That TTT2 Prologue. I remember pre-ordering it and picking it up while on lunch from work. I drove to Gamestop, grabbed it and just relaxed in my car listening to Tekken 2-5 tracks while I just looked at it.

I was just looking at my trophies and got warm feelings from all my platinumed Tekken games.

Then i was sad as i noticed that TAG2 came out 2012. It has been five billion years already since the last "real" entry in the series.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah they added a few frames to make up for any lag during online. Tekken 7 did the same when it came out.

Yeah, hopefully it'll be bit better.

Damn, I always hoped for faster, more dynamic Tekken. Now everything is slow enough so that netcode can calculate everything in time. I want bit more "oomph".

Maybe in the future.

What? Harada again starting his TxSF bullshit? That guy really wants to break my fucking heart.

Wonder how he'd reacted if he got 0 on payday and when he asked: "Where's my fucking MONEY?!" he'll get: "Stay tuned!"

For 6 years straight.

Rajang

That looked like something MainMan edited on a weekend. Just a bunch of old clips edited in with screens rotating for some visual flair. There was even some Tekken 7.0 footage jumbled in there towards the end too haha.

Pls, this looks better than anything TheComplainMan has done.

GrayFoxPL

Guy relentlessly trying to get that tag1 combo.

Haha, it's great.

Btw I never knew back then that you could cancel b+1+2 into Omen so fast.

I love that stance, at least they could give it to Jin as a Rage Stance in T7 like Devil Kaz.

Top Bottom