• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Rajang

Numb

Sorry about couple days ago, I told you I would be back for some games but my stomach did not like the amount of chili I had consumed. lol

It also sucks because I really wanted to play. I only play like once a week against a human opponent, the other days its just sitting in practice mode or doing ghost battles. Zzz

AAK

That $80k at Globals was JDCR's for the taking, but he decided on a trip to Dubai instead rather than take part in the Korea Qualifiers.

Good guy JDCR probably wants to leave a shot at the money for his best bud Saint.

GrayFoxPL

https://twitter.com/tatsushis/status/801239436524589058

That Nina combo at the end.

Yep. iWS1 still a big part of her wall carry.

And Thus, Nina will continue to live on in my "Appreciated, but can't Play" book.

Longer version.
Those 1 pixel damage scaled rage drivers look hilarious.

Screw Fapping Butterfly. Just play her for fun. Besides she didn't have the move until T6, so that's 7 games where Nina played "normally". I didn't even see much butterfly spam in T7 match videos, she seems perfectly capable character not even using that move for wall carry.

GrayFoxPL

You're right Nina and King feel difficult to pair with anyone in Tag2. They seem stronger as individuals.

My only gripe is using 1+4 moves. Try to hit that shit with a thumb on a pad. Pain in the buttcheeks.

Rajang

Tekken 7 is out brehs

Cx_YCojXEAEg0Jj.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/801600665243922433

Sayah

I started watching One Piece and this is actually a good anime. Finished episode 45 and it has remained consistently good throughout despite its goofiness even during serious fight scenes. Netflix didn't have this so I got a Hulu trial, and even that had only 14 episodes with dubbing. So then I got a Crunchyroll trial and it only had English subs as well. Finally, Funimation came through and has all the episodes with English dubbing.

I started watching One Piece and this is actually a good anime. Finished episode 45 and it has remained consistently good throughout despite its goofiness even during serious fight scenes. Netflix didn't have this so I got a Hulu trial, and even that had only 14 episodes with dubbing. So then I got a Crunchyroll trial and it only had English subs as well. Finally, Funimation came through and has all the episodes with English dubbing.

One Piece always has been A-tier shounen anime. Post-timeskip Toei kinda destroys the pacing with their gratituous content stretching (OP stays light on actual filler episodes by trying to tell the least amount of story possible per episode), but it should be pretty manageable in binge sessions.

I ran out of binge material way back around ep 300. Been a weekly viewer ever since. Many up's and down's over the years.

Sayah

One Piece always has been A-tier shounen anime. Post-timeskip Toei kinda destroys the pacing with their gratituous content stretching (OP stays light on actual filler episodes by trying to tell the least amount of story possible per episode), but it should be pretty manageable in binge sessions.

I ran out of binge material way back around ep 300. Been a weekly viewer ever since. Many up's and down's over the years.

Yeah, it's a very binge-able anime. I was hesitant to start it due to the large number of episodes but now glad I did.

AAK

One Piece is the only manga along with Hajime no Ippo that I follow. It's pretty damn impressive how many ideas the author & his team conjure up within this world. However, I couldn't stand the anime. Luffy and especially chopper sounded nothing like I envisioned. Watching the anime was retro-actively ruining how much I enjoyed the manga so I just stayed away from it. The only other negative is that the series became excessively fan-servicey after the Alabasta arc.

I recently discovered the Transformers Prime CGI series. I was looking for something similar to Voltron: Legendary Defenders after having the time of my life watching it. Transformers Prime definitely delivers. Starscream is too much of a weakling though.

Sayah

I will admit, Luffy and Usopp both have an extremely irritating voice in the English dub but that hasn't stopped me from watching it.

Sayah

Yeah, that soundtrack is pretty epic. Major props to whoever composed that. All of the devil's pit variations are also S tier.

AAK

Loved that show. It was simple but great. It also did a solid job of mixing up personalities as well as hitting that nostalgia button pretty hard.

84-86 G1 kid here, so it definitely was the closest thing to that of all the previous reincarnations.

The VA for starscream is the same guy who does Reptile in MKX.

Oh man I really don't have much of an established history with the series but I have an 11-years-older brother that had a couple episodes of what I assume is the original series. Whichever one had this intro. He even had an Optimus Prime action figure which actually transforms into the big rig. I distinctly remember watching some of those vhs's with him before going back to my usual Duck Tales along with Chip n' Dale :p

I missed out on all the cartoons accross the 90's and even Beast Wars which I heard so much about.

sasuke_91

One Piece is the only long running series I follow that managed to keep its quality and consistency (speaking of manga quality, the anime went shit after Water 7). You can feel that the author had a very clear idea of where he would like the story to go and introduced or foreshadowed some key-character very early in the story. There's quite a few things I don't like about this manga, but overall it managed to stay my favourite after all this time.

Transformers action figures were and still are the coolest thing ever. I remember my cousin had an Optimus Prime figure that I was kind of jealous of as a kid. Fun times.

By the way, after almost three years of being registered to this forum I actually created my first thread^^

Dereck

I was watching Tekken 7 last night and I realized that the new costumes give the players new "realistic" looking customization items in a way since it looks like certain items can be removed and certain colors can be changed. It's been awhile since I've customized in Tekken 5 - Tag 2 but I think this is the first time we've gotten close to replicating Bryan's Tekken 4 costume.

hqdefault.jpg
Sy6Q21d.png

I was watching Tekken 7 last night and I realized that the new costumes give the players new "realistic" looking customization items in a way since it looks like certain items can be removed and certain colors can be changed. It's been awhile since I've customized in Tekken 5 - Tag 2 but I think this is the first time we've gotten close to replicating Bryan's Tekken 4 costume.

hqdefault.jpg
Sy6Q21d.png

yeah I picked up on that after I saw that you could change colors of the default outfit and even the default hair.

Thanks to the Beard update, you can get T4-T5 Law..

Numb

By the way, after almost three years of being registered to this forum I actually created my first thread^^

Game was good but didn't finish. Just spent hours flying around collecting those things. Will get to finish before 2 drops

Also 2

M4hnOCz.gif

lawd.png
lawd.png

Numb

Congrats Gen
S.H.O.W with the life lead almost every round in the GF but couldn't finish the job even once.Damn

Sayah

This is why Wonkey's great!
untitledc308a.png

Stay positive guys - this is only the longest you've ever had to wait for a Tekken game to release on consoles. Also don't pay any mind to the taiko drums and recycled butterfly wings.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
untitledc308a.png

Stay positive guys - this is only the longest you've ever had to wait for a Tekken game to release on consoles. Also don't pay any mind to the taiko drums and recycled butterfly wings.

Cw37PhTUAAAixoK.jpg

"Don't worry about that"

korly

If Kuma comes back I'd love to see the return of the T-shirt & sneakers T4 costume.

AAK

I just finished watching Aris play Soul Blade... I CANNOT believe how Namco had instant rematches in a fighting game from 1996 yet still refuse to implement the feature for Tekken after 20 years worth of technological advancements.

untitledc308a.png

Wonkey isn't saying shit that hasn't been said since the game was "leaked" in 2014.

The Horse is dead already. Yes Tekken 7 has taken ages to come out. Yes wait is painful and arduous but what's all the bitching and moaning gonna do? Harada and Michael Murray obviously have/had their hands tied and are doing what they possibly can to keep the game in public interest. Could it be better? Of course! But you're literally yelling at brick wall and sorry to say none of you are Paul Phoenix right now.

Some of you act like little kids who keep asking mom whether or not you're still going to the store even though she already said yes. Go live your lives and stop bitching about a damn video game.

Top Bottom