• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

GrayFoxPL

Shit! Whole day! Whole day digging in routers and ps4 settings to get optimal connection. I got physically sick from all of this. So many different configurations. Static ip inside dhcp pool, static ip outside pool, dmz here and there, variable mtu settings on every config. I tried every shit. Nothing. In the end I reverted everything to what it was before with the exception that I left upnp on.

Good news that I managed to get some fights in kofxiv and it was fun.

Funny thing was that on specific settings I triggered something that made me hear voice chat while loading room and I never got to said room. Just voices. Random as fuck.

Seems like no matter what on my NAT2 if someone in the room is NAT3 I can't get into that room. I remember there was some old ass chart online that said That NAT2 can connect to NAT1, NAT2 but not NAT3 or something.

But there is something else, when I connect to some players there's some conflict that unables to show real ping or connection status. It seems the same with any online game. Same with Tag2, if I play Sasuke or Numb we can see bars, 3-4 but with Squirrel it's always 1. But it wasn't like that from the start I clearly remember seeing Squirrel with 3-4 bars months ago.

I just can't believe that so many years ago on ancient slow internet I could play SOCOM with 15 other guys on PS2 online and now on PS4 optic fiber connection it's a miracle to get into a room with 4 other players in KOF.

Got regular Tekken 7 version on PC and decided to get the deluxe on PS4 and went to the store

''I wanna preorder Tekken 7''

''There are 3 versions,sir. Which one do you want?''

''What versions?''

''We got regular,Deluxe and the collectors edition''

''What are the prices?''

''Regular is 70 bucks and the deluxe is 110 bucks''

''I see
full
''

''Do you wanna know the price of the Collectors edition?''

''I think i'm good''

''...''

''...''

''...''

''I'll take the Deluxe version
full
''

Turned in 3 games and that shit still came to 55 bucks

You are crazy. What games did you turn in?

Buy a homeplug, that pretty much fixed all my PSN issues instantly.

That technology just bearly started in my country. It does seem like a future though.

No point. Everyone is looking at Tekken to be the "reckoning" of SFV for some reason so I wanna see reactions to the complete package when it inevitably leaks.

Yeah but I wanna experience some surprises first hand. Like if there's hidden character or something.

Has there been a fighting game that puts latency as a practice mode option? I feel like many people will do most of their playing online. They should build in an option to replicate he effects of different levels of latency. That way, you can practice under those conditions.

The option is there in Tag2 but it doesn't really represent the real thing. Eg. You put it on 3 bars and you then check that 3 bars online is has less lag than in practice mode.

3-4 but with Squirrel it's always 1. But it wasn't like that from the start I clearly remember seeing Squirrel with 3-4 bars months ago.

Yeah, i dunno what the hell that is about. Tag 2 says 1 bar pretty often (not always) with other people for me, but the connection obviously isn't 1 bar quality.

And as you say, it wasn't like this before.

In KoF14 i can get pretty good connections. Though sometimes you just get slideshows.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah, i dunno what the hell that is about. Tag 2 says 1 bar pretty often (not always) with other people for me, but the connection obviously isn't 1 bar quality.

And as you say, it wasn't like this before.

In KoF14 i can get pretty good connections. Though sometimes you just get slideshows.

Did you check what's your connection on ps4? In network -test connection? Maybe something changed.

Village

i'd be upset at smash and mk8 but there is a new console, coming out with port/updated versions of those games so...

Yeah

Numb

i'd be upset at smash and mk8 but there is a new console, coming out with port/updated versions of those games so...

Yeah

Ive played hundreds of hours of both and no longer own a wii u
Wastes of space

Not gonna bother with the Switch updates either. Need new shit

Guys I'm 0 - 26 for Nina in T7:DR

should I give up and switch character? I don't know what I'm doing with her despite how much I like her haha.
I would recommend just sticking with her.

You can always improve your skill at the game and with a character, but you can't make yourself like/enjoy playing with a character.

GrayFoxPL

Guys I'm 0 - 26 for Nina in T7:DR

should I give up and switch character? I don't know what I'm doing with her despite how much I like her haha.

I would recommend just sticking with her.

You can always improve your skill at the game and with a character, but you can't make yourself like/enjoy playing with a character.

Wise words.

Well, there are players for which only winning counts and will play character based on tiers and once that character gets nerfed they drop him for someone higher.

26 loses is nothing in the process of learning. In the life span of the game you'll have tens of thousands of fights, 26 is lol. Stick with Nina if you like her and learn ins and outs.

Tip: Start with getting along with ss+1 F or B options and movement.

Dereck

When is you gonna upload our matches though lol
I'm probably not going to upload any matches with GAF members in Tag 2

Probably Tekken 7

The idea is that I know how GAF members play, and that's not what I'm trying to upload. I'm uploading matches from people I don't normally play against

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Of course they've got rivers of lava that the fighters just walk/handstand right over. Feng Wei ain't even impressive anymore.

ZEE_THE_CEO

Neo Member
What's up guys. Just dropping in to say hello and hope all is well. Dereck said I should drop in. I said I would. I'm keeping my word! LOL

How are y'all liking the new TekkenGamer site?

We're currently updating all frame data. More great things to come.

Less than 2 months to go!

Lastly, could it be? ;)

17883578_1889419741270163_520729374547047392_n.jpg

Dereck

Thanks for stopping by.

I like the new TekkenGamer site, you had us worried there for a second when it went down, glad to see it's back up.

I went on there a few times after the revision, it looks very professional. Keep it up.

sasuke_91

@ZEE_THE_CEO: Hey :)
I also like the new TekkenGamer site. It seems professional and the mobile version also works very well. A forum was a bit too much it seems, but the exclusive interviews and overall content make it worth visiting the site every few days.

sasuke_91

On a serious note though, if both you and miku want to create the OT, you should shoot him a message, Dereck. I'm sure if the two of you worked together you would create an excellent OT.

ZEE_THE_CEO

Neo Member
Thanks guys. Appreciate the comments. Not sure I understand the one about the forums though. I mean, they're forums. :D

Btw, the best way to not missing anything is to follow us on Twitter. @TekkenGamercom

Some of the stages in Tekken 7 have fantastic music. Like Equator Line Round 1 and 2 are both just perfect.

But some of them do feel a bit off or just WAY too dubsteppy.

So I thought maybe some music from another series would serve as a worthwhile replacement. Who knows, maybe the PC version will have mods that allow this! The series that I personally thought would have the best replacement for some of the stages was the Yakuza franchise. That series has music ranging from Jazzy to 80's Rock to Electronic to Orchestral to Pop to everything in between.

Here are some of my suggestions for replacements:

Instead of Day before the glass Matrix 1st, I suggest Victory Road from Yakuza 5. Alternatively, this track from Yakuza 6 also works well.

Instead of Ruin 65 2nd, Majima's Breaker style theme from Yakuza 0.

Instead of Empty Your Mind 2nd, Receive and Stab You from Yakuza 3.

Just want to say that I LOVE the Dojo themes but if I were to replace them then these two would be my choices.

Instead of Dojo 1st, the Battle theme from Yakuza:Ishin/Ryu ga Gotoku: Ishin. And instead of Dojo 2nd, the final boss theme from Yakuza/RGG: Ishin (2:00 till 3:07 is the buildup, I'd probably start from 3:00 till 5:25).

And I personally love love LOVE this track from Yakuza 6. While I don't think it can fit as stage music, it would be perfect for a story mode fight between two evenly matched opponents with a history. Maybe Lee Chaolan vs Kazuya? Just spitballin.
Would love some thoughts on this.
Can't get this damn game out of my mind, why didn't I jump into the series sooner!!

Top Bottom