• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I actually fought a Jack player for the first time today, it was pretty refreshing. Kazuya players with the eye laser shit...step up your game. I know it worked on other folks, but I'm gonna sidestep and get up in your shit. One of my residents used to abuse the shit out of that move, just I've learned the dance already.

I'm quitting this game ..it was primary used to get a quick tekken fix easily ..but now i'm tired.

I'm so sick of thos kazuya online i'm trully sick of them.

Always the same bulls**t

Always the same pattern .

I have 5 fights and i waste 4 of them on yet another kazuya spamming the same thing again , the same routine.

Today i did like 15 fights ( 3 * 5matches ) and i encountered a nice lars player ( close match ) & a lily that was intresting ... i'm sick of the kazuya online in ranked ...is the solution to play in player matches online ? maybe

At least i'm not seeing law anymore

Good bye ranked , may your legion of kazuya players have fun playing against each other online .

it's not even hard to beat them it's just ...boring , in the tekken rev world where each match cost you a coin , that's just painfull.

DEATH™

I'm quitting this game ..it was primary used to get a quick tekken fix easily ..but now i'm tired.

Always the same bulls**t

I have 5 fights and i waste 4 of them on yet another kazuya spamming the same thing again , the same routine.

Today i did like 15 fights ( 3 * 5matches ) and i encountered a nice lars player ( close match ) & a lily that was intresting ... i'm sick of the kazuya online in ranked ...is the solution to play in player matches online ? maybe

Good bye ranked , may your legion of kazuya players have fun playing against each other online .

it's not even hard to beat them it's just ...boring , in the tekken rev world where each match cost you a coin , that's just painfull.

Go to TTT2 please... no matter how hard it is, YOU WILL NEVER GET BORED. There is always something new to learn and something to improve on.

I finally downloaded this game since Xiaoyu was added but I really hate getting characters randomly. And I'm actually forced to use Asuka to get my Jun fix which makes me sad. Even if my characters get added to this I'll have to grind for them so...I'll just stick to TTT2...

Oh and Kazuya and Law can die in a fire.

I actually fought a Jack player for the first time today, it was pretty refreshing. Kazuya players with the eye laser shit...step up your game. I know it worked on other folks, but I'm gonna sidestep and get up in your shit. One of my residents used to abuse the shit out of that move, just I've learned the dance already.

I never see Jack players... :( he's my main so I feel like my advantage is that most people don't know how to fight against him.

DEATH™;68061506 said:
Go to TTT2 please... no matter how hard it is, YOU WILL NEVER GET BORED. There is always something new to learn and something to improve on.

i played TTT2 too and it suferred from the same problems more or less it's just that with the limited roster of tekken REV , the ratio of annoying players is just higher.

AZUMIKE

Yeah, there are lots of Kazuya players, but it's not a gamebreaker...perhaps contrary to popular belief, no match is the same. People do not play identically to one another. That's why fighting a multitude Law and Kaz isn't a huge problem so to speak.

With the addition of more characters, the variety of match ups will increase. More characters to play against. For now I recommend that the currents match ups be appreciated for what they are.

Always the same bulls**t

Yeah, I can understand. Unfortunately, it seems like that is a trend with most fighting games in general and it can definitely be annoying, especially if you are trying to properly learn the gameplay mechanics or build upon what you know. I don't care what anyone says, even if they are easy to beat, fighting the same characters over and over again with the same tactics can get tedious and boring. Spamming can usually be punished, but having to play every single match in a similar fashion can get repetitive and kind of suck the fun out of the game.

i played TTT2 too and it suferred from the same problems more or less it's just that with the limited roster of tekken REV , the ratio of annoying players is just higher.

i've been playing it now and it seems that as its already a little older, most of the "i'll try out this new tekken game!" people have moved on. A lot of good players online using varied teams.

Question Tekken Gaffers, Is King as quick in TT2 as he in this game(Revolution). I have Tekken 6 and his reaction speed seems slow. Curious thanks!!!

TheWriter

The problem I encountered with laser Kazuyas online is, if there is a sudden jump down from 4 to 3 bars of connection quality, sidestepping those lasers is kind of random, as they do tend to follow you the first few steps. It is extremely annoying to know you sidestepped it, only to see that you didn't because of lag. As TR is the only Tekken that can only be played completely online right now, it should be better. And those lasers should never ever track (I know you can duck as well).

I'd rather play against Kazuya all day instead of the plethora of Laws, though, most of them use only two moves. At least I can practice launchers on them, haha.

Manbig

The problem I encountered with laser Kazuyas online is, if there is a sudden jump down from 4 to 3 bars of connection quality, sidestepping those lasers is kind of random, as they do tend to follow you the first few steps. It is extremely annoying to know you sidestepped it, only to see that you didn't because of lag. As TR is the only Tekken that can only be played completely online right now, it should be better. And those lasers should never ever track (I know you can duck as well).

I'd rather play against Kazuya all day instead of the plethora of Laws, though, most of them use only two moves. At least I can practice launchers on them, haha.

Always duck the standing laser and sidestep the flying laser.

Always the same bulls**t

If you're that desperate for variety, I don't mind playing you.

Doomshine

Question Tekken Gaffers, Is King as quick in TT2 as he in this game(Revolution). I have Tekken 6 and his reaction speed seems slow. Curious thanks!!!

As far as I know there are no significant changes made to him, unless you count the special arts of course.

Loona

Been doing sort of alright with this, considering there's no training mode yet to figure out the precise motions for the moves I sometimes pull off accidentaly.
In most Tekkens I go for a Chang (G-Clef Cannon is something of a crutch considering my lack of execution precision) or Heihachi, but for the lack of either went for Asuka, since I kind of like her style - not too bad, but there's much to figure out.

I was rather surprisd by the amount of victories and free matches I managed to rack up last night, but utterly forgot to pause and search for a move list when I was out of online options and tried arcade again to kill some time.

Puttin most of my point in life/stamina, with a few in power and one in vigor. I notice they get more expensive the more you set, so due to my inexperience I'm investing in life until I can't afford it anymore. Then again, I'm only using and upgrading Askua, so filling out a whole stat without running out of gold might actualy be viable in the long run.

Would it have taken that long to release a few nice options while still releasing before DoA5U?...

I wish it was possible to change that vocal track in menus though,that gets annoying fast...

It's interesting so far, even if I'm not expecting to throw money at it anytime soon, but as the game stads, there are plenty of ways they can find a way to get some: charge for extra outfits/props, music tracks, the choice of the next character to unlock, character respecs...

I wonder if anyone's managed to unlock every characte so far... I get this feeling that Heihachi, Jinpachi and Ogre might come after everyone else's been unlocked, since Heihachi's moveset also seems to have some new shiny stuff like everyone else...

TheWriter

I wonder if anyone's managed to unlock every characte so far... I get this feeling that Heihachi, Jinpachi and Ogre might come after everyone else's been unlocked, since Heihachi's moveset also seems to have some new shiny stuff like everyone else...

After the new update all characters should be unlocked by reaching 120k gift points, and before they added Xiao and Jin, there were no extra characters unlockable after you got Bryan, Alisa, Leo and Steve, so I doubt Heihachi is available right now.

I was rather surprisd by the amount of victories and free matches I managed to rack up last night, but utterly forgot to pause and search for a move list when I was out of online options and tried arcade again to kill some time.

Arcade mode has a movelist; it'd be ideal to have it also in the practice/loading screen before a new challenger appears.

Fahdi

Banned
The game is super shit, going back to TTT2.

My record: 32-3 with a spammy Paul (Conquerer) and deleted the game. Here's a tip to what moves to use:

Death Fist
d/f+1,1,2
d+4,2:1+2 (close)
Scissor Kicks Launch
b+1,2 (after launches to put them in Oki)
d+1+2 (close)
ss+3
d/f+2 Launch
f,f+2:1
f+1+4
d/f+4
d+1 (on Oki and usually Corner)
d+1,4,2 (Bait after they get used to just d+1)
b,b+1+2 (good push away)
d/b+3 (on Oki)
fc d/f+2,2 followed by d+2 (Oki) or mix it up with fc d/f+2,1
qcb+3,2,1 or 3
Every throw (mostly which require 1+2 breaks)

You win. No extra effort needed. Tip to defeating cheap Kazuya's? You can't UNLESS you're playing on 4-5 bars. Kaz players are so boring cheap Devil Lasers.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
There are some Kazuya players on there that are getting free wins off people just because of the lasers. I noticed at least three that I've run into that had oddly high ranks and number of wins, but when you actually got in their grill, they didn't know what to do. The one guy literally started every match with it and did it EVERY chance he got.

Annoying, but smashing his face into the fucking ground with Asuka felt soooooooooo good. It's gotten to the point where I welcome having to fight cheap Laws and Kazuyas. lol

tearsofash

I love playing against the Asuka players. It's always a different strategy each time.

Just fought a Bryan. They were a few levels higher than me, but I ended up getting a double KO. Shame it doesn't count those as wins. I was going to get promoted right then, too.

Manbig

Anyone know what is Jack's move that heals him when he gets hit with lasers? I want a new entertaining way to troll these players.

TheWriter

Anyone know what is Jack's move that heals him when he gets hit with lasers? I want a new entertaining way to troll these players.

Tested it with Alisa today and tappin 1+2 after being hit helped. Don't know the exact timing, but it can be while being hit or right after it.

... and since nobody plays Alisa, with Jack it's the same, 1+2.
Gives roughly 1/2 of the lost health back.
And I learned that Alisas b+2+4 works on the lasers as well. Oh joy!
(all of that was tested in TTT2)

Anyone hear if the next character unlocks are gonna be from GP again, or some new system?

I want to like and play this more, but without my mains, and my subs being mildly boring, it's hard to maintain interest.

img_function_02.jpg

What is with the soda can? a reset item?

Erigu

What is with the soda can? a reset item?
I haven't played the game, but from what I understand, pressing Select on the Character Status screen allows you to reset your character. You can only do that once (per character?). After that, you'll need to use "reset drinks" (and I assume those aren't free).

As far as I know there are no significant changes made to him, unless you count the special arts of course.

Thanks!!!! I was just curious for ex his 1 2 or 2 1 punches are quick

All I play is King and just love to spam with his kicks!!!!!! Then I love the messages I get after the fight. I reply with Learn how to block!!!!! I get no response after that...I lol all the time

Thanks!!!! I was just curious for ex his 1 2 or 2 1 punches are quick

All I play is King and just love to spam with his kicks!!!!!! Then I love the messages I get after the fight. I reply with Learn how to block!!!!! I get no response after that...I lol all the time

That might make you laugh , but you do realise that there are times where you can't block , especially if the match is 3 bar or under ...

This is nothing than a cheap way to win , nothing else.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Do you still have to unlock characters randomly? I haven't played this since the release day and would like to use Alisa.

Manbig

Not blocking in general , some moves are just harder to deal with , when you have lag against you , king spamming low kicks is one of those.

I block and punish those all the time in 1-3 bar matches. Doesn't matter if he ends with mid or low, they're both launch punishable on block.

Doomshine

Not blocking in general , some moves are just harder to deal with , when you have lag against you , king spamming low kicks is one of those.

The only trouble those should give you in lag is reacting to the mid, after the first kick it's easy to block and low parry.

TheWriter

I know that feel mate, but still. King players have my respect, no matter how they play. In a game of lagging laser beams, rocket fists and dragon kicks, a true Wrestler player is indeed a sight to behold. Besides, most Kings I fought knew what they were doing. So it's all good in my book. But now the true king of fighters will arrive, Hwoarang, and his barrage of mixup kicks, paired with Invincibles, is going to be very very hard to beat for me. I think I'll leave ranked be for now.

Oh and level cap raise, yeah! Alisa domination continues! Need more power!

I block and punish those all the time in 1-3 bar matches. Doesn't matter if he ends with mid or low, they're both launch punishable on block.
Good for you then ...

I just hope you understand that no one has an equal internet connexion on earth.

The only trouble those should give you in lag is reacting to the mid, after the first kick it's easy to block and low parry.
When you play against a king with +80 power , one miss is all they need to inflict damage and continue while you're on the ground.

I know that feel mate, but still. King players have my respect, no matter how they play. In a game of lagging laser beams, rocket fists and dragon kicks, a true Wrestler player is indeed a sight to behold. Besides, most Kings I fought knew what they were doing. So it's all good in my book. But now the true king of fighters will arrive, Hwoarang, and his barrage of mixup kicks, paired with Invincibles, is going to be very very hard to beat for me. I think I'll leave ranked be for now.

Oh and level cap raise, yeah! Alisa domination continues! Need more power!

indeed king players are great when they play king.. when i lose because i'm combo throw like crazy i have no problem. i've seen some great players that trully are skilled...
but it's just painfull to se a king that was playing normally to sudden do "low kick low kick in repetition" like that

Am I the rare Kazuya that doesn't spam lasers then? I'm too busy practicing EWGF for that trivial nonsense!

Same here. I love the b+1243. If i see someone spamming the critical arts (or whatever the invincibility thing is), i'll laser them. It's nothing a duck or a sidestep can't fix.

That might make you laugh , but you do realise that there are times where you can't block , especially if the match is 3 bar or under ...

This is nothing than a cheap way to win , nothing else.

That's why I set my settings for 3+ bars...No complaints about connections

TheWriter

That's why I set my settings for 3+ bars...No complaints about connections

To be fair there as well, it is possible that I search for 4+ connections and when the challenger is found, the match suddenly goes down to 2 bars or worse, which shouldn't happen, but it's unavoidable with some players using wireless or when they are from another continent. Filtering by connection quality is useless when you're in Europe and the system decides to pin a player from the US against you.

Top Bottom