• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telegraph: Spicer apologized for GCHQ wiretapping Trump claim; Spicer: Nuh-uh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

The US has made a formal apology to Britain after the White House accused GCHQ of helping Barack Obama spy on Donald Trump in the White House.

Sean Spicer, Mr Trump's press secretary, repeated a claim on Thursday evening – initially made by an analyst on Fox News - that GCHQ was used by Mr Obama to spy on Trump Tower in the lead-up to last November's election.
Intelligence sources told The Telegraph that both Mr Spicer and General McMaster, the US National Security Adviser, have apologised over the claims. "The apology came direct from them," a source said.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...britain-white-house-accuses-gchq-wiretapping/

The White House has promised allegations that GCHQ spied on Donald Trump will "not be repeated", according to the Prime Minister's official spokesman.
http://www.itv.com/news/2017-03-17/...hat-gchq-spied-on-trump-will-not-be-repeated/

WEAK.

Mod edit:
https://twitter.com/JDiamond1/status/842808722200182785
Spicer says there was no apology to UK officials, says all he did was read public media reports: "I don't think we regret anything."

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Grovelling to a tiny little country like the UK? Sad!

Wow... 😲

The first and only apology from Trump's administration, I'm guessing. Also, there's no way it came from Trump himself. Also, I'm sure it included something to the effect of "sorry, he and Spicer are such dumbasses, don't listen to them".

Also, the next step is Trump lashing out at whoever made the apology.

EDIT: oh, I see... Spicer was one of the people who apologized himself. Well, all of the above is still probably true.

Nobility

Banned
The level of disrespect to America's closest allies is absolutely shameful.

Spicer better be reamed by DoD and State officials.

jerry113

Banned
I can't tell if they're manufacturing controversy on purpose as part of some greater distraction or if they're just bad at this.

What's​ a fucking embarrassment of an administration.....

Time moves quickly.

Before we know it, it will be 2018 and all Trump will have done is continue to try to fuck Muslims, still be pussy footing around healthcare, still doing victory rallies and still wasting time tweeting about snoop dog, CNN and Obama.

Meanwhile, the economically anxious will be wondering if anyone remembers if they exist. It's almost as if a man who has profited the most out of almost anybody else on earth from capitalism, fraud, lies and just being into a super elite family might not be the voice of the everyday working man and woman.

I might be wrong though. Let's give him a chance.

UK spy agency help Obama spy on Trump?

landscape-1488976910-ezgifcom-gif-maker.gif

Ushojax

I can't tell if they're manufacturing controversy on purpose as part of some greater distraction or if they're just bad at this.

All this stuff stems from Donald Trump having the mental age of a 5 year old and an ego the size of Godzilla. He cannot take criticism, cannot admit to mistakes, cannot think critically. Anything negative about him is fake in his eyes, and if people like Spicer don't tow the line then they will be fired and replaced with someone else.

tbm24

It's nice to see Spicer of all people admit he spouts unsubstantiated bullshit after going on his tirade yesterday of the press not knowing anything and can't possibly know it, despite using Fox News to try and justify Trump's blatant lies.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
They apologise to Britain for this but not to Mexico for calling us rapists and bad hombres
Same reason; apologies are only for white people.

I mean, he hasnt even apologised to Obama, for anything.

Kusagari

It has to be at least somewhat intentional. The way, like clockwork, Trump craps out something stupid, even for him, after a particularly damaging story is too crazy to be a coincidence.

Ushojax

It has to be at least somewhat intentional. The way, like clockwork, Trump craps out something stupid, even for him, after a particularly damaging story is too crazy to be a coincidence.

No doubt puppetmaster Bannon is happy to let Trump's ego run wild and spread chaos throughout the world, but the POTUS himself has no control over it. He's just doing what comes naturally, the crazy gibberish is what got him elected (and also made him a joke for the 20 years before he won).

Xando

How does any country take anything this administration says serious, 2 months in office and already a laughing stock all over the world

Uzzy

Bend the knee to the Queen. We'll put the Treaty of Paris in air quotes and we can all forget about this whole 'independence' thing.

Shadybiz

Idiots. McMaster seems like a decent enough guy; I'm pretty sure he's embarrassed to be grouped in with this bunch of clowns (he has no choice but to serve since he's still on active duty). Spicer, however, is a tool and should be mocked.

MarionCB

Don't they also owe an apology to Obama?

Anyway, it goes to show how low the Presidency has sunk under Trump. Blatant, outright, bare-faced lies are day-to-day normal for the White House now. It's so depressing. You have to be an allied sovereign state to get an apology from them for their lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom