• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Television Displays and Technology Thread: This is a fantasy based on OLED

Cranberrys

I can have a good price (1499€) for the Samsung 55KS9000. Is it a good choice ?

Currently I have a Sony 55W905, a very fine TV, but I kinda fell in love with the vibrancy of the KS9000 colors and seriously considering a switch to Samsung.

Yawnny

They didn't. Their TrueMotion shit is still the same they had back when they started it with LCD's. Only up to 650 lines, terrible soap opera effect and lots of artifacts.

I agree their True Motion introduces almost of border of artifacts around the moving object. Good thing I don't care about TrueMotion.

I'll turn it on every now and then just to remind myself what it looks like. It's cool for a bit but I don't game or seriously watch movies with it enabled.

My 6 year old Sony XBR HX 909 had amazing motion processing for this kind of effect, but i don't miss it (and that TV is still upstairs.. but it's basically my wife's now)

Lima

Not all of us want to deal with external setups or invest in a sound system when the HDMI standard is in flux.

Good speakers last you forever, AV receivers are easily replaceable. I understand if you don't want to upgrade before 2.1 but if you have one right now just use optical or ARC for a year.

If you don't want to use an external setup at least get some quality and I mean actual quality headphones. Sound is just as important as picture.

Using inbuilt speakers in 2017 man. I can't.

vpance

TBF those A1E screen speakers are pretty cool, tracking the image. Would be nice if you could use it as a center.

Yawnny

Good speakers last you forever, AV receivers are easily replaceable.

Couldn't agree more, and there's great speakers in all price ranges.

Even something like the Micca MB42 or Dayton B652 bookshelf speakers with a Lepai 2020 would be a an upgrade.. and that whole setup can be acquired for under $100.

e90Mark

I just bought an LG 55" C6 after learning the 2017's phased 3D. (I have a big enough library for this to be an issue for me.) It's just under $1100 shipped after PP.

Also came across a deal for an Xbox One S for UHD playback for $200 shipped.

Pretty excited to try out OLED in my own home, versus seeing it in store.

Megatron

Eh, maybe it's laziness. The only calibrators that advertise seem to be The Geek Squad, and I just don't like they're whole vibe. Color me apprehensive but these are the people that will charge you to hook up a PlayStation 4

I dont understand this complaint at all. If you want someone to come to your house and hook up your ps4 for you, do you expect that to be free? That sounds really, really entitled and out of touch to me.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I dont understand this complaint at all. If you want someone to come to your house and hook up your ps4 for you, do you expect that to be free? That sounds really, really entitled and out of touch to me.

I think he's questioning why that offer that as a service at all other than to prey on people who don't know any better.

ss_lemonade

I can have a good price (1499€) for the Samsung 55KS9000. Is it a good choice ?

Currently I have a Sony 55W905, a very fine TV, but I kinda fell in love with the vibrancy of the KS9000 colors and seriously considering a switch to Samsung.
Is this the european ks9000 (the curved one)? I also have a w900a and bought a US 65ks9000 and I think it was worth it for getting HDR + 4k. I also got it at EPP price so it was a good deal to me.

One thing I still like about my w900a is it's impulse mode though (I don't mind the dim image side effect). Nothing like it on the ks9000, eventhough it's Clear LED option sounds like it should do the same thing.

I purchased the 55C7 Saturday from Value Electronics in NY, met Robert and his wife, very nice peeps and I am using it exclusively for games and using my Leo Bodnar tester the C7 will do 21.4ms in pc mode with game picture mode and HDMI deep color mode on for 4:4:4, this is a massive improvement over any 2016 oled imho.

Everyone using the C7 for games need to use PC mode with game picture mode and deep color enabled as this gives the clearest and lowest lag possible on the tv, no need to use game mode outside of PC mode due to 4:2:0 in that mode.

Also I have to say with oled light at 35 which is what I used on my 65B6, the C7 is almost blinding with full screen content, NO noticeable ABL anymore, thank God!!!

2017 LG oled's are a major improvement for gaming versus 2016 ( I had a 65B6 and a 55E6).

Main improvements for gaming that I have seen:

1:) much lower lag 21.4ms by my Leo Bodnar
2:) significantly less lag with 4:4:4 in pc mode, 21.4ms!!
3:) NO ABL
4:) Massive improvement in uniformity, no vignetting, very minor vertical banding, 80% improvement over the 2016's and I honestly couldn't stand the uniformity on the 2016's.
5:)No more magenta tint anti glare filter, now looks jet black and really improves contrast
6:) Undefeatable edge enhancement is now gone, 2016's had edge enhancement that couldn't be turned off even at sharpness at zero, with 2017 the sharpness at 10 gets rid of edge enhancement and has no added sharpness, so a pristine image that when using for pc monitor and gaming is very noticeable!
7:) 120hz native at 1080p! Will try other resolutions, looks like I can get 4k native at 120hz at 4:2:0 with custom edid in Nvidia control panel !!!!

Any questions let me know!!

This all sounds great, thanks for the impressions.

Now it's time for me to look into a speaker/receiver solution. I've been using built in/headphones for years just because I haven't wanted to put the effort into research, but I know I'm missing out hard.

Cranberrys

Is this the european ks9000 (the curved one)? I also have a w900a and bought a US 65ks9000 and I think it was worth it for getting HDR + 4k. I also got it at EPP price so it was a good deal to me.

One thing I still like about my w900a is it's impulse mode though (I don't mind the dim image side effect). Nothing like it on the ks9000, eventhough it's Clear LED option sounds like it should do the same thing.

Yes, that's the one.

I also use impulse mode, it's a pretty neat feature but the flickering is distracting sometimes.

Anyway, thank you. I'll buy it this week-end.

Yawnny

Who said it was a complaint? It's me expressing my leeriness of The Geek Squad based on anecdotal evidence of them trying to shove a PS4 setup down my throat.

I wasn't trying to come across as flippant and pompous. Have you ever seen how they tried to sell it to you? It's the tactics they implement for trying to convince you it's necessary.

Secondly, you could easily get someone you know to do that for free. This is not the same as calibrating a TV but they'll try their darndest to convince you it is.

... and out of touch to me.

Out of touch is thinking it takes someone like The Geek Squad to hook up a PS4.

That sounds really, really entitled

How is me expressing displeasure about them selling a PS4 hookup service somehow displaying entitlement? It's my opinion that the way they try to sell this feature makes them less genuine. What I'm entitled to is to hook it up myself, and to tell them no.

When I purchased a PS4 through them they tried so hard to push a geek squad set up on me for $150. I had to be much more assertive than I thought I would have to be.

I get if some folks really don't know how to set up a PS4 and I'm sure the setup is great for them.. but the way The Geek Squad tries to sell it just irks me. Anyone can figure out how to hook this up by searching online for a couple minutes. Best Buy themselves have a how-to video on how to hook it up.

Thirdly..Do i expect it to be free? No, but i wouldn't be surprised if some people did set it up for free as a courtesy.

If you want someone to come to your house and hook up your ps4 for you, do you expect that to be free?

Sound like you think your entitled to being paid if you hook this up for someone?

I will absolutely do this for free. Maybe throw a beer at me.

Majority of people that don't know how to hook up a PS4 are people that wouldn't be buying a PS4 ie: Young children who's parents are buying it for them, or the elderly who are the minority market for this thing anyway.. so sure, they might take advantage of the offer, but in my opinion they're getting fleeced.

I think he's questioning why that offer that as a service at all other than to prey on people who don't know any better.

Exactly!

vpance

Feeling the itch to buy a UHD player now but it seems hard to justify the $300 or so with the limited selection of movies that I don't really care about. Sure, they might look incredible and PE2 is hype, but still, I can get my HDR fix in other ways at the moment.

As a Pro owner, now I feel a tiny taste of the insanity in that 100 page UHD crying thread, lol.

Lima

I mean if you are in the US just register on the avsforums and either contact one of the many calibrators directly or wait until they get on a tour and come near you. There are plenty of nice people on there that also charge a reasonable price for the equipment they use.

Lima

Yes sadly still locked to wide gamut :/

Let me tell you the man at LG that does this and the guy from Microsoft who likes black crush for that extra pop should be thrown into the gulag with the only light source being an OLED with miss matching RGB levels and set up by Wiped89.

vpance

Lol now I'm curious. Would you mind linking to that thread?

You can google like, neogaf PS4 won't support 4K Bluray.

Basically it's just "Sony not supporting UHD BD is a huge mistake and they lost tons of sales" and "UHD BD is super niche for the foreseeable future" looped over and over.

Yawnny

Let me tell you the man at LG that does this and the guy from Microsoft who likes black crush for that extra pop should be thrown into the gulag with the only light source being an OLED with miss matching RGB levels and set up by Wiped89.

Why use the Non HDR Game mode? I compared this mode with ISF Dark Room and noticed no difference between the two in regards to input lag and ISF Dark Room you get the unlocked color gamut.

I realize that usually game mode provided by TV manufactures is in theory better as far as input lag goes, but by switching between the two on the LG B6 there was no perceptible difference to me..

(With HDR gaming there was terrible input lag before the patch, so it's not that I never notice input lag at all)

You can google like, neogaf PS4 won't support 4K Bluray.

Basically it's just "Sony not supporting UHD BD is a huge mistake and they lost tons of sales" and "UHD BD is super niche for the foreseeable future" looped over and over.

Heh, awesome.

Madness

Feeling the itch to buy a UHD player now but it seems hard to justify the $300 or so with the limited selection of movies that I don't really care about. Sure, they might look incredible and PE2 is hype, but still, I can get my HDR fix in other ways at the moment.

As a Pro owner, now I feel a tiny taste of the insanity in that 100 page UHD crying thread, lol.

I honestly think most are a bunch of salty 1080p owners stuck with a Pro they can't really utilize the benefits of, Sony fanboys, Xbox fanboys trying to rub it in, otherwise, how anyone with a 4K tv with HDR should be happy the Pro skimped on proper UHD disc support is beyond me. Some people even try to justify it saying things like I am glad the costs of the PS4 were not unnecessarily high, UHD market is niche. As a consumer, and one who probably lived through the Blu-ray and HD-DVD and DVD wars, knows how crazy it is that consoles drive format adoption. If PS4 Pro had a UHD disc drive, you would see easily millions more owners thereby increasing the amount of discs for sale as movie makers and companies like Disney start saying it is worth it.

I would say your best bet is going to be Black Friday this year. More UHD players on the market now, including Sony's first. Plus Microsoft may try and clear some 500gb Xbox One S stock as Scorpio comes. Maybe could see a $149 Xbox One S 500gb version. It honestly works great as a player so far. Only have Mad Max HDR, recently bought Planet Earth II, won Battleship with HDR in a recent giveaway.

Lima

Why use the Non HDR Game mode? I compared this mode with ISF Dark Room and noticed no difference between the two in regards to input lag and ISF Dark Room you get the unlocked color gamut.

I realize that usually game mode provided by TV manufactures is in theory better as far as input lag goes, but by switching between the two on the LG B6 there was no perceptible difference to me..

(With HDR gaming there was terrible input lag before the patch, so it's not that I never notice input lag at all)

Good for you that you don't notice a difference but he input lag almost doubles outside of game mode. That's not unplayable for some cinematic Naughty Dog SP games but too high in MP for me.
You don't have the TV for that long. Honestly try playing in game mode for a couple weeks and then switch. You will definitely notice that everything feels more sluggish.

Yawnny

Honestly try playing in game mode for a couple weeks and then switch. You will definitely notice that everything feels more sluggish.

I'm actually apprehensive to do so. I don't want to ruin ISF Dark Mode for myself and be forced to game in a wide Color gamut.

It's funny because I play all types of games and have been focusing on Halo 5 the last week or so and it feels snappy as can be. I know lots of people say the same thing that input lag is noticeable outside of RPG games, Puzzle games, etc.. but for me when I do notice input lag it's across all genres, and when I don't input notice lag it's across all genres.

Edit: I've also had the experience where a move felt delayed (ie: in KOF XIII) so I put it to Game mode, and there was no difference. Hooked it up to my PVM and same thing. Found out it was an intentional delay before a punch. I then put on a game I know very well that would murder me if I noticed input lag: Geometry Wars.. and it felt as great as it always has.

As you mentioned I do think it is "good for me" that I don't notice it.. I'm honestly happy I don't. If I don't notice an immediate difference switching between the two modes (ie: Like I did between HDR Game and ISF Dark Mode) then I'm content and I don't convince myself I need to investigate any further.

That's some BS.

Yes, indeed. They've also never bothered to improve lag at 4:4:4 chroma. It's actually gotten worse compared to the first few firmware releases. If the 2017 models are confirmed to have lag in the 20s under a fully adjustable PC mode, I'll definitely upgrade.

I'm actually apprehensive to do so. I don't want to ruin ISF Dark Mode for myself and be forced to game in a wide Color gamut.

It's funny because I play all types of games and have been focusing on Halo 5 the last week or so and it feels snappy as can be. I know lots of people say the same thing that input lag is noticeable outside of RPG games, Puzzle games, etc.. but for me when I do notice input lag it's across all genres, and when I don't input notice lag it's across all genres.

If your ISF mode isn't fully calibrated then might as well use SDR Game mode with color saturation between 45-50 instead of default, in addition to the W45 color temp you've been using for HDR.

vpance

I honestly think most are a bunch of salty 1080p owners stuck with a Pro they can't really utilize the benefits of, Sony fanboys, Xbox fanboys trying to rub it in, otherwise, how anyone with a 4K tv with HDR should be happy the Pro skimped on proper UHD disc support is beyond me. Some people even try to justify it saying things like I am glad the costs of the PS4 were not unnecessarily high, UHD market is niche. As a consumer, and one who probably lived through the Blu-ray and HD-DVD and DVD wars, knows how crazy it is that consoles drive format adoption. If PS4 Pro had a UHD disc drive, you would see easily millions more owners thereby increasing the amount of discs for sale as movie makers and companies like Disney start saying it is worth it.

I would say your best bet is going to be Black Friday this year. More UHD players on the market now, including Sony's first. Plus Microsoft may try and clear some 500gb Xbox One S stock as Scorpio comes. Maybe could see a $149 Xbox One S 500gb version. It honestly works great as a player so far. Only have Mad Max HDR, recently bought Planet Earth II, won Battleship with HDR in a recent giveaway.

I was prepared to pay for a $499 Pro with UHD and minor bump in power, but I can see both sides of the argument. Either Sony made a mistake that cost them money in lost sales or they saved money and were actually geniuses. I have no market data so I have no clue.

Yeah I think I'll wait for some more deals and a bigger selection of titles before jumping in. Between HDR games, Netflix, and Prime I'll be ok. Never payed $30+ for BD's 10 years ago and I don't think I will this time either (Canadian pricing).

holygeesus

Banned
Good for you that you don't notice a difference but he input lag almost doubles outside of game mode. That's not unplayable for some cinematic Naughty Dog SP games but too high in MP for me.
You don't have the TV for that long. Honestly try playing in game mode for a couple weeks and then switch. You will definitely notice that everything feels more sluggish.

The other HDR modes have become notably worse after this update - they are all in the 80ms range according to Rtings.

Yawnny

Never payed $30+ for BD's 10 years ago and I don't think I will this time either (Canadian pricing).

I remember buying Children of Men on HD DVD for $60 Canadian. Dark times.

Never mind the fact that I bought an HD DVD player for $600 when they first came out. Ended up buying a second (and better) one when they were announced dead. Ended up trading my original HD DVD player with my co-worker for a pizza because I was starving..

The trials of being an early adopter :(

Not sure if this is the place but I am completely ignorant and uninformed when it comes to TVs so...

~40-inch, ~$300 TV recommendations

Yawnny

The other HDR modes have become notably worse after this update - they are all in the 80ms range according to Rtings.

Wasn't he just referring to the comparison between Non HDR Game mode and ISF Dark Mode?

If your ISF mode isn't fully calibrated then might as well use SDR Game mode with color saturation between 45-50 instead of default, in addition to the W45 color temp you've been using for HDR.

I will certainly consider but I am honestly happy with everything right now.. I don't want to ruin a good thing.

If I start diving in to SDR Game and adjusting color saturation to offset the wide color gamut I'm going to be back in the phase of comparing back and forth, trying to determine if it looks as good as I feel ISF Dark Mode looks now. It's just not the path I want to travel right now.

I'm currently in the "fully enjoying my TV" phase of this whole thing.

My previous reason for not switching to SDR Game still holds true especially if I DO get my ISF Dark Room properly calibrated.. then there's a chance I would've ruined ISF Dark Room for myself as far as input lag goes and have to switch between SDR Game and ISF Dark Room depending if I'm gaming or not.

Trust me guys. I'm content, I'm happy, and I'm also paying attention to the calibration remarks. The time will come, I'm sure.

holygeesus

Banned
Wasn't he just referring to the comparison between Non HDR Game mode and ISF Dark Mode?

Even so, you are going to encounter HDR games at some point, and if you don't like HDR Game you are going to be limited for options. It wouldn't surprise me if the lag for the ISF modes have changed since the update. I don't think any site has re-measured though.

Yawnny

Even so, you are going to encounter HDR games at some point, and if you don't like HDR Game you are going to be limited for options...

I played Gears 4 all last weekend. HDR Game was perfectly fine for me. When I first popped it in I didn't have the update installed and I certainly noticed input lag. Installed the update from LG via a flash drive. Bam, Input Lag wasn't an issue.

It wouldn't surprise me if the lag for the ISF modes have changed since the update. I don't think any site has re-measured though.

This is a good point. Perhaps they've improved since people have tried. As I mentioned prior, Halo 5 and BF1 feel snappy as can be in ISF Dark Room.

Geneijin

You don't think changing color temperature from Warm 2 to Cold does much?
That's a good point. It wasn't enough for me personally, so I ended up investing time and money on calibrating with a colorimeter.

My reference points are other TV's i've owned, reading up on what makes a good picture after calibration, etc.. I know it's not using a professionally calibrated TV as a reference point.. but they're reference points. I certainly don't identify as one of those people that need to watch in torch mode for the "big game" to jump off my screen and tear at my eye balls. I do have an interest in good quality sound, picture, and hardware in general.
Yeah, understandable. I wasn't trying to be patronizing by saying that. I just feel a true calibration involves a meter at minimum because you're losing contrast by not balancing a grayscale to the specific display.

Honestly, I might get professional calibration done one of these days. I might not. I'm not going to go crazy knowing I have no idea what a "reference quality picture" looks like. I tweak a bit, I think it looks great, and I'm done... for the most part.

It may sound silly but after a calibration I would get the feeling like I can't even touch my settings again.. and that doesn't appeal to me.

Then there's the case of is anyone in my area also going to calibrate for HDR
The point of calibration is exactly that though. For example, you'll never know what makes a poorly lit scene if you're constantly tweaking based on individual content like Infamous Second Son. That's what the standard is for.

Indeed I shall. It's not that I'm intentionally shying away from calibration I honestly just haven't had the ambition to sink any effort in to it.. I feel like getting a TV initially set up and testing tons of content on it already takes up a lot of time.. I just want to sit back and enjoy now knowing I think it looks great.
I can't blame you. It took me hours on my first calibration although it's normal time if you're doing a 2-pt and 10-pt white balance. I just figure for the price of an ISF professional calibration (nothing against Chad and his work), I would get more value doing it myself. I already paid off the colorimeter by calibrating several TVs so far (Sony KDL48W600B, Sony X800D, LG OLED55C6P, etc) in the past 2 years. Imagine how much I'd have to pay each time I replace a TV.

Also, if you truly want to sit back and enjoy, you'd calibrate. Constantly tweaking settings for content is a terrible idea. It's one of the reasons why we have the standard to begin with.

Chumley

Banned
Anyone have any reccomendations for a speaker or subwoofer to assist the sound coming out of my E6 Oled? It has that built in sound bar and we have a relatively small living room, just wanted something small and hopefully inexpensive to improve the sound and maybe even add a little bit of surround sound.

Yawnny

Also, if you truly want to sit back and enjoy, you'd calibrate...

I think our definitions of calibrate are a touch different here. In order for me to sit back and enjoy I initially tweak the settings (shut off motion processing crap, adjust brightness, contrast if need be, etc..) and only then do truly I sit back and enjoy.

Constantly tweaking settings for content is a terrible idea.

I agree. This is why I don't constantly tweak settings. I tweak when I purchase a TV and flip back and forth between different sources (which by my understood definition, can certainly be a method of calibrating) and eventually land on settings I like and I stick with it.

It's not a professional calibration. It's not calibrating with a meter. It's calibrating via adjusting settings until I've landed on something that looks natural to me given the pieces of advice I've picked up over the years.

To clarifiy: I'm not against calibrating. It sounds great. I live in the friggin' prairies and calibrators aren't a dime a dozen out here, but I'm sure the opportunity will present itself as some point and I'll jump on it.

I will certainly consider but I am honestly happy with everything right now.. I don't want to ruin a good thing.

If I start diving in to SDR Game and adjusting color saturation to offset the wide color gamut I'm going to be back in the phase of comparing back and forth, trying to determine if it looks as good as I feel ISF Dark Mode looks now. It's just not the path I want to travel right now.

I'm currently in the "fully enjoying my TV" phase of this whole thing.

My previous reason for not switching to SDR Game still holds true especially if I DO get my ISF Dark Room properly calibrated.. then there's a chance I would've ruined ISF Dark Room for myself as far as input lag goes and have to switch between SDR Game and ISF Dark Room depending if I'm gaming or not.

Trust me guys. I'm content, I'm happy, and I'm also paying attention to the calibration remarks. The time will come, I'm sure.

I hear you. We all have to make compromises with these sets. It sounds like you're happy with what you've got. =)

Yawnny

I hear you. We all have to make compromises with these sets. It sounds like you're happy with what you've got. =)

If you've interpreted that I've made a compromise I wouldn't consider I have. Although If that's what you've determined based on the conversation thats fine with me. To each their own.

Wiped89

Gosh, what's with the calibration SS in this thread? Just let people enjoy their TVs however they want to! For example, I can't stand movie mode on any TV, which I think is just about the dullest picture imaginable.

I also tweak my TV to my liking just like Yawnny above. Then I stick with those settings. I had the same settings on my HU8500 for three years.

If you've interpreted that I've made a compromise I wouldn't consider I have. Although If that's what you've determined based on the conversation thats fine with me. To each their own.

Again, we all have to make compromises. We can either opt to live with considerably higher input lag and a more accurate picture, or pretty good input lag with inferior PQ. There's not a single solution for SDR gaming on these B6 OLEDs that do not involve compromises.

Btw, do you live in Vancouver? If so, I could calibrate your set free of charge if that's something you'd be okay with.

Yawnny

Again, we all have to make compromises. We can either opt to live with considerably higher input lag and a more accurate picture, or pretty good input lag with inferior PQ. There's not a single solution for SDR gaming on these B6 OLEDs that do not involve compromises.

I hear what your saying. I figured that was the compromise you were talking about (Lag vs PQ) however, I in all honestly do not detect considerably high input lag in ISF Dark Mode when compared to SDR Game.

I've switched between the modes and didn't notice even the slightest difference. They felt identical to my eyes and thumbs.

To put it in perspective again I did notice input lag when in HDR Standard (before the HDR Game patch) compared to ISF Dark Room (IGears 4 was basically unplayable for me in HDR Standard).

I would absolutely consider Lag vs PQ a compromise, I just don't feel that's a compromise I'm making.

As a previous poster theorized, perhaps the input lag has been improved since when it was last tested by people? I suppose one could look at measurements and say on paper that is factually the difference, but whether It's considered a compromise I could see differing from person to person depending on what they detect in regards to lag.

Btw, do you live in Vancouver? If so, I could calibrate your set free of charge if that's something you'd be okay with.

Unfortunately not (although I love visiting there). I live in Saskatchewan. I really appreciate the offer. I always love geeking out with like minded peeps.

TheBoss1

Sony A1 OLED received by FlatPanelsHD for review.

Not sure if this is the place but I am completely ignorant and uninformed when it comes to TVs so...

LOL
Gosh, what's with the calibration SS in this thread? Just let people enjoy their TVs however they want to! For example, I can't stand movie mode on any TV, which I think is just about the dullest picture imaginable.

I also tweak my TV to my liking just like Yawnny above. Then I stick with those settings. I had the same settings on my HU8500 for three years.

Aren't you the same guy who likes using over-saturated colors, cool temperature, and the over-sharpening filter that can cut right through a human eye just looking at it?

All jokes aside, you are right though. People can use their sets however they please since they are the ones who spend on it.

I hear what your saying. I figured that was the compromise you were talking about (Lag vs PQ) however, I in all honestly do not detect considerably high input lag in ISF Dark Mode when compared to SDR Game.

I've switched between the modes and didn't notice even the slightest difference. They felt identical to my eyes and thumbs.

To put it in perspective again I did notice input lag when in HDR Standard (before the HDR Game patch) compared to ISF Dark Room (IGears 4 was basically unplayable for me in HDR Standard).

I would absolutely consider Lag vs PQ a compromise, I just don't feel that's a compromise I'm making.

As a previous poster theorized, perhaps the input lag has been improved since when it was last tested by people? I suppose one could look at measurements and say on paper that is factually the difference, but whether It's considered a compromise I could see differing from person to person depending on what they detect in regards to lag.

Unfortunately not (although I love visiting there). I live in Saskatchewan. I really appreciate the offer. I always love geeking out with like minded peeps.

That's cool, no worries!

muu

Samsung UN40KU6290? It's been on sale for ~$300 several times the last few months. I got the equivalent Costco model for $289 during their superbowl sale and have one as a work display and another at home as a small family room TV. Functionally it's the equivalent of Samsung's KU6300s. Fantastic 4K TV/monitor for the price, should be good for gaming. 60hz panel so it won't do 24hz sources too well.

Yawnny

I see you didn't mention 4K so I'm sure there's some Hisense or VIzio out there that will fit the bill.

Vizio D-Series might get you close to that budget (even if it was 4K)?

Wiped89

Sony A1 OLED received by FlatPanelsHD for review.

LOL

Aren't you the same guy who likes using over-saturated colors, cool temperature, and the over-sharpening filter that can cut right through a human eye just looking at it?

All jokes aside, you are right though. People can use their sets however they please since they are the ones who spend on it.

That's me my friend. Warm temperature is something I've never understood. Warm looks like a piss filter to me. Except I don't set it to cool, I have it at neutral. Cool is too blue for me, lols.

So I have a PS4 pro and an OLED c6, what should be the main settings? Ps4 is set to 4k RGB and TV is set to hdr game. Most little settings I'll adjust to my living room setup. But stuff like.. wide garmut should be left alone or normal?

Top Bottom