• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Television Displays and Technology Thread: This is a fantasy based on OLED

Yes it is fucked up, but at the same time, at least HDR game mode outside of PC input works the same way it would work in PC input if it wasn't messed up. Input lag is the same, colors the same. The downside is I can't use HDR Cinema User in PC input, with calibrated colors AND get the benefit of lower input lag. Pretty messed up indeed.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. What do you mean HDR game mode outside of PC input works the same way it would work in PC input?

Specifically, let me ask this, give my current situation with this set: When I play an HDR game and use "HDR Game" mode the picture quality takes a severe nosedive. When I switch to "HDR Standard" the image quality looks outstanding, but the input lag is unusable. Does changing the input to "PC" drop the input lag to roughly 21 ms even in HDR mode? Because one solution could be to simply change the input to "PC" and use that HDR Standard, keeping the image quality and low latency - ideally.

So seriously, those of you with the C7, when playing in HDR game the image still looks as good as HDR Standard? Non-HDR game mode works fine on my set. This whole thing has seriously thrown me for a loop, and I'm not sure what to do. I'm going to stop by a Best Buy tomorrow and see if I can fiddle with their display model, and see if mine is an isolated set, or this is just how the C7 works.

Yes i agree with you completely. If i had your issues i would probably look at returning my set! Game mode is NUMBER 1 priority for me!

Returning my set would be a HUGE hassle. Ideally I just want this nonsense fixed. My E6 didn't have this issue, I can assure you. The cross media bar on PS4 gets very dim and muted now. Before it was vibrant.

I hate this.

To those of you concerned with OLED as far as build quality, don't be. I used my E6 mercilessly for a year playing games, leaving static images on for hours. It's rock solid. LG's build quality is very impressive. (But this issue I'm having though...)

So seriously, those of you with the C7, when playing in HDR game the image still looks as good as HDR Standard? Non-HDR game mode works fine on my set. This whole thing has seriously thrown me for a loop, and I'm not sure what to do. I'm going to stop by a Best Buy tomorrow and see if I can fiddle with their display model, and see if mine is an isolated set, or this is just how the C7 works.

I hate this.

This issue sounds so annoying man. Hope you sort it out.

As for me-when i first got my set, i connected my PC to the tv first and foremost. The tv then asked "what kind of device did you connect"? i chose PC. Because it was a PC. I then turned on game mode immediately because default was standard and mouse and keyboard was laggy as fuck due to input lag on standard.

So, on game mode, i changed the settings to 4:2:2 and 12BPC (you dont have to worry about any of this since youre not using a pc) and i watched some HDR encoded content (all in game mode)-looked stunning from the get go. Watched some of the nvidia HDR demos and all looked sublime. I also watched the forza 7 videos from blims website in HDR. All of this in game mode. i *never* use standard or vivid or anything because i do not watch any movies. My tv STAYS on game mode lol.

Then i connected my PS4. It asked me what it was, i chose game console. Immediately switched to game mode and tried Horizon. Again, stunning. Incredible. Jaw dropping. I am not using these terms lightly. Again, this was in game mode, with PS4 connected to the TV (the tv also immediately asked me do i want to turn on HDMI deep colour to which i said yes, as this enables HDR)

When using the PS4 in Game Mode+HDMI Deep Colour on+PS4 set to HDR, the PS4 OS does not look any different. At all. But when Horizon starts, thats when i see the incredible difference. I then changed HDMI Deep colour to OFF to see the difference and what i thought at one point in my life looked great now looked dull and flat and lifeless compared to HDR :lol

Again, that is my experience from my first day. But again, if i was in your shoes, having these issues, i would be pretty furious. Coming from a TV i struggled to let go too, this was a "this fuckin TV better be nigh perfect or else it is being returned immediately and i am going back to my pioneer".

I WILL ALSO ADD-i no longer use "PC MODE" to connect my pc. Not because of changes to IQ or anything. But in PC mode you dont have access to Real Cinema (Judder free 24hz playback). I read this via Rtings. So i removed the PC connection and then just chose normal connection and now i have my PC connected to HDMI 1, my PS4 to HDMI 2 both set to game mode as default and ready to go with HDR at any time with my PC channel/connection now having access to Real Cinema mode.

(you dont have to worry about any of this since youre not using a pc)

I'm running tests via my PS4, but do most of my gaming on my PC, so will save what you suggested.

I'm flummoxed. I'll run to Best Buy tomorrow, see if I can test the floor model a bit and see what the hell is going on, but may have to start considering a return/swap.

It would be a pain in the ass though, since I didn't get it via a big box retailer.

Macaco84

Something I've noticed with my OLED (2016 E6).

Can't seem to get the judder / blur settings right for motion. Either I get way too much judder or I get crazy artifacts.

Was just trying to get it right for House of Cards S5 (in 4K) via Netflix. There's a scene in one of the episodes where there's a white window behind them and it judders like crazy. I know the show is done in

But when I turn it up (de-judder over 2 or 3) I get artifacting in other scenes like crazy.

Oddly I watched a standard blu-ray this weekend (Last of the Mohicans) and it was flawless. It should also have been 24fps but I didn't see a single artifact like I was seeing with House of Cards, and I don't recall any heavy judder.

Is this a bitrate thing or something, perhaps?

Also, getting occasional PS4 Pro signal dropouts, despite having everything (Onkyo NR656, TV, and PS4 Pro ) up to date. Frustrating.

I had all of these problems with my oled65e6 which i had to return. Judder and ps4 dropouts and also banding (awful when watching things like football).

The ps4 dropout was a strange one. All my settings were correct, the firmware was up to date and i had tried various different hdmi cables yet it still dropped out every so often. Sometimes twice in one day, sometimes once in a 3 or 4 day stint. Usually it would flicker before completely cutting out but sometimes it would flicker and the tv would go into and come out of 3d mode, like it was getting confused with the signal. The only way to stop this happening was to set the hdcp of the ps4 to 1.4 but then of course you lose hdr. Suffice to say, the set was returned.

ruffiamonte

Neo Member
I am also looking for a tv for about the same price with the same specs but a bit smaller. I'm trying to find reliable informations about the p6046, but there is no review from an indepedent site or even on youtube anything helpful. Sometimes it says 8bit with frc, sometimes 10bit panel. Can somebody give us some suggestions for tv's on the german/european market? Or reliable information about the p6046?

Thanks in advance

I found a review for the tcl p6046 on a polish forum. The TV seems to be decent, but not as good as the p607.
My main concern is the low luminance. According to the official website it is between 280 and 320 nits.

Read the review with google translation, but it was still hard to understand.
http://www.hdtv.com.pl/forum/tv/132530-tcl-p60-test.html
(For the full review you have to click on the last link of the first post.)

Something I've noticed with my OLED (2016 E6).

Can't seem to get the judder / blur settings right for motion. Either I get way too much judder or I get crazy artifacts.

Was just trying to get it right for House of Cards S5 (in 4K) via Netflix. There's a scene in one of the episodes where there's a white window behind them and it judders like crazy. I know the show is done in

But when I turn it up (de-judder over 2 or 3) I get artifacting in other scenes like crazy.

Oddly I watched a standard blu-ray this weekend (Last of the Mohicans) and it was flawless. It should also have been 24fps but I didn't see a single artifact like I was seeing with House of Cards, and I don't recall any heavy judder.

Is this a bitrate thing or something, perhaps?

Also, getting occasional PS4 Pro signal dropouts, despite having everything (Onkyo NR656, TV, and PS4 Pro ) up to date. Frustrating.

Someone on AVS said to turn deblur off and dejudder to 2. Maybe try that. I have it like that and just watched Everest on Netflix and even though there's was the ever so slight judder it was actually quite alright.

MacAttack

Best Buy now has the new TCL 55inch for $599. I was able to get it shipped to my local store for Saturday delivery. Can anybody who has bought one tell me the box dimensions? Only reason I'm asking is I don't have much room in my car without laying the back seat down. I may have to get help from a friend.
Box dimension is 55" x 34" x 7".

I've had my set since Monday and I'm loving it. Upgrading from a 42" 720p Panny plasma and this blows the doors off that.

I game in the regular tv mode with fald on and the input lag isn't noticeable at all.

Ushay

Need some input from you TVGAF.

I'm torn between 2 TV sets namely KS8000 (UK Model) and the Sony XE900 (9005 in UK). The KS8000 is markedly cheaper now that it is discontinued, but I've heard the Sony model is better in many ways. Here is my dilemma the Samsung TV is £800, while the Sony X900 is £1300 (approx) at the moment.

Which is the most cost effective option? Or am I better future proofing and going for the Sony 900 TV?

BumRush

I'm torn between 2 TV sets namely KS8000 (UK Model) and the Sony XE900 (9005 in UK). The KS8000 is markedly cheaper now that it is discontinued, but I've heard the Sony model is better in many ways. Here is my dilemma the Samsung TV is £800, while the Sony X900 is £1300 (approx) at the moment.

Which is the most cost effective option? Or am I better future proofing and going for the Sony 900 TV?

Are you planning on having the TV for 3 years? 5+?

I like how I can easily let the TV connect to my Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 2 via Bluetooth. Sadly for some reason this makes the game picture mode unavailable.

I also saw another audio option on the TV called Internal TV speaker + audio out (optical) would this mean that if I were to find a optical speaker I can connect that to the TV and have sound coming from both? Because I like that.

BumRush

5+ definitely. I very much doubt something beyond 4k will become mainstream in that time.

Here's RTINGS' scores:

Sony (Overall 8.2):
Design 8.5
Picture Quality 8.1
Motion 9.2
Inputs 8.1
Sound Quality 4.1
Smart Features 8.0

Pros: Deep blacks, bright, very fluid motion
Cons: Poor off angle viewing

Input Lag in game mode: 31-34 ms

Samsung (Overall 8.2):
Design 9.0
Picture Quality 8.1
Motion 8.1
Inputs 8.1
Sound Quality 6.6
Smart Features 8.5

Pros: Movies and HDR look great, very bright, low input lag

Input Lag in game mode: 20-23 ms

They are VERY similar, with the Sony handling Motion better and the Samsung having better input lag (although if you're not a competitive gamer, 30 ms vs 20 ms might not matter).

Both are great options, but if I were planning on keeping the TV for 5+ years, I'd probably choose the Sony with its superior handling.

Now, if that $500 difference is going to get you a Switch, Pro, XOX, etc. and your cash is tight, that's a different story

Marmelade

Cuningas de Häme;241392904 said:
Gigantti, in Finland.

If that's the same model, the model number is TCL U55P6046. It is a part of P60 series, and at least I think it is the series that everyone's raving about?

It has 4 HDMIs and lots of stuffs, got to go to work so can't be more specific.

EDIT. It's on sale until 25.6.2017.

That's a different (and inferior) model.
No FALD/Dolby Vision/wide color gamut, poor HDR peak brightness etc
No idea why the P607 isn't available in EU...

ruffiamonte

Neo Member

There is a new european modell from TCL coming up this summer. The C70 series... maybe its closer to the american P607? Seems to have higher brightness and wide color gamut. But detailed information are rather hard to find.
Still undecided what budget TV to buy in Germany... or wether to buy one at all

Kambing

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. What do you mean HDR game mode outside of PC input works the same way it would work in PC input?

Specifically, let me ask this, give my current situation with this set: When I play an HDR game and use "HDR Game" mode the picture quality takes a severe nosedive. When I switch to "HDR Standard" the image quality looks outstanding, but the input lag is unusable. Does changing the input to "PC" drop the input lag to roughly 21 ms even in HDR mode? Because one solution could be to simply change the input to "PC" and use that HDR Standard, keeping the image quality and low latency - ideally.

What I mean is that, HDR game mode produces the same type of picture and input lag, regardless of the input icon you select on the 2017 LG OLED (PC Input or whatever else).

Okay, in order for me to try and help, please answer the following:

1. What is your current firmware?
2. What input have you set your display in (PC or not)?
3. What mode are you using?
4. What settings have are you using in HDR game mode?

I think I understand what is happening for real now lol. Basically, HDR standard mode, for some reason, has dynamic contrast automatically enabled. At least on the latest firmware, can't remember on the last one. This happens EVEN if dynamic contrast is set to off in HDR standard mope. This artificially brightens the highlight. You will notice that HDR game and HDR cinema user give the same type of 'dim' picture that you are referring to. In any of these two modes (HDR Game or HDR Cinema User), try to enable dynamic contrast to low, med or high, and you'll find that the picture now resembles that of HDR standard (even when dynamic contrast is OFF in this mode, changing it does nothing as it is enabled by default).

This has to do with the fact that by DEFAULT, these two modes do not have dynamic contrast enable, and uses LG's HDR tone mapping. In my opinion, I prefer this method relative to clipping whites. For more information on the differences between tone mapping of the OLEDS (LG, Sony, Panasonic), I HIGHLY recommend this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt6IflKAmWg

LG's HDR tone mapping tries to preserve as much detail as possible, because it does not want to clip. This is why in games like Horizon in HDR game mode appear very dim at the default in game brightness setting. Horizon I am assuming (based on the PS4 pro reveal) was HDR mastered on the ZD9. That display has more than double the HDR nits of the LG OLEDS. Because of this, at default in game brightness settings, LG OLEDS will not clip anything to show as much detail as possible, but comes off not looking bright in some content. Again this relates to the HDR tone mapping method that LG used, as per the video above. It's literally less than half as bright as the display used to make Horizon's HDR mode if I had to venture a guess. To compensate LG's tone mapping, the appropriate looking image on the C7 would be to set the in game HZD brightness at 70-75 in a dark room.

A good game to show off HDR, that actually has correct HDR adjustment settings is Resident Evil 7. They actually have correct peak brightness sliders.

Let me know if the above works at all for you...

Smokey

Mate I have a feeling I know what's up. Did you update the TV to the latest firmware? Are you using PC Input?

First things first, do NOT update to the latest firmware if you care about HDR gaming in PC input. Update to the latest firmware if you care about correct colors in SDR for PC input.

I recommend updating to latest firmware as accurate SDR color and low input lag is important for me. When playing SDR content, switch input to PC mode. When playing HDR content, switch input to anything other than PC mode, and play in HDR game mode.

To make sure that you are not experiencing any black level issues, do the following:

1. HD Deep Color is on for HDMI input
2. Set black level on PS4 to limited
3. Set black level on TV to low in HDR mode
4. In HDR game mode, make color temperature W45, sharpness 0, color gamut auto
5. In Horizon Zero Dawn HDR implementation is overly dark on OLED, turn brightness to 70-75 for dark room, 80-90 in lit rooms.
6. In Uncharted 4, brightness setting left at default of 5 is good for dark rooms, increase to 6-7 in lit rooms.

God speed

Are you in the US? And did you update to the latest firmware LG released via the TV (was never available on web)? If you did upgrade to 3.60.09, I've not seen a report where HDR game is NOT screwed up in PC input...

Holy crap manufacturers need to get this stuff straightened out. I read this and even I felt anxiety in my chest having to do all that, and I didn't drop $4,000+ on the TV.

Find an Panasonic DX902 better TV by far.

Ushay

Here's RTINGS' scores:

Sony (Overall 8.2):
Design 8.5
Picture Quality 8.1
Motion 9.2
Inputs 8.1
Sound Quality 4.1
Smart Features 8.0

Pros: Deep blacks, bright, very fluid motion

Input Lag in game mode: 31-34 ms

Samsung (Overall 8.2):
Design 9.0
Picture Quality 8.1
Motion 8.1
Inputs 8.1
Sound Quality 6.6
Smart Features 8.5

They are VERY similar, with the Sony handling Motion better and the Samsung having better input lag (although if you're not a competitive gamer, 30 ms vs 20 ms might not matter).

Both are great options, but if I were planning on keeping the TV for 5+ years, I'd probably choose the Sony with its superior handling.

Now, if that $500 difference is going to get you a Switch, Pro, XOX, etc. and your cash is tight, that's a different story

Thanks for this dude, for me it's more about the longevity of the set and how well it would work with X/Pro consoles for me. It sounds like Sony beats the Samsung in this department. You have a good point about that price difference.

Find an Panasonic DX902 better TV by far.

I'm going for the 49" size range as this one will be upstairs in the bedroom/study. I don't think that model comes in that size?

There is a new european modell from TCL coming up this summer. The C70 series... maybe its closer to the american P607? Seems to have higher brightness and wide color gamut. But detailed information are rather hard to find.
Still undecided what budget TV to buy in Germany... or wether to buy one at all

Ah, so as usual, we in EU are sol... TY for clearing that up and I'm sorry if I got that one guy's hopes up...

It would be so nice if those damn manufacturers put clear markings on their TVs... Now I don't dare to buy anything because most likely I'd just get some Soviet version of otherwise good TV...

ss_lemonade

Samsung (Overall 8.2):
Design 9.0
Picture Quality 8.1
Motion 8.1
Inputs 8.1
Sound Quality 6.6
Smart Features 8.5

Other people more knowledgeable could give you a better answer but just sharing my experience on a specific setting (ks9000 owner here). If you want something like BFI/strobing to improve motion clarity, and this ks8000 is the same as it's US ks9000 counterpart, know that it's BFI option doesn't exactly work well or as expected (for me at least) because you just end up with a lot of image trails from fast movement. It's lower model (US ks8000 here, not sure what the equivalent would be there) has a working BFI implementation. I guess you could check rtings review for both sets and look at the BFI section to see what I'm talking about. Also, even if it did work fine, it isn't an available option in game mode.

Not sure about the Sony one.

Thanks for this dude, for me it's more about the longevity of the set and how well it would work with X/Pro consoles for me. It sounds like Sony beats the Samsung in this department. You have a good point about that price difference.

I'm going for the 49" size range as this one will be upstairs in the bedroom/study. I don't think that model comes in that size?

That's a shame, it's a hell of a lot of TV for the same money.

Man oh man I didn't expect it that I had to get used to how all my games would look on this screen. Especially the games below 1080p but even 1080p all have that soft look. When I had that with my EC9300 I could combat blurriness with the super resolution setting at high and now even that isn't helping. It's no wonder when you go from 55 to 65 inch and the TV having to do all the upscaling as well.

For now I temporarily fixed it by placing the TV much farther away from me. I sit about 3.2m away from it. But once that Xbox One X arrives I'll be placing the monster much closer again.

luffeN

Someone on AVS said to turn deblur off and dejudder to 2. Maybe try that. I have it like that and just watched Everest on Netflix and even though there's was the ever so slight judder it was actually quite alright.

How can I do that? Has dejudder something to do with TruMotion?

Man oh man I didn't expect it that I had to get used to how all my games would look on this screen. Especially the games below 1080p but even 1080p all have that soft look. When I had that with my EC9300 I could combat blurriness with the super resolution setting at high and now even that isn't helping. It's no wonder when you go from 55 to 65 inch and the TV having to do all the upscaling as well.

For now I temporarily fixed it by placing the TV much farther away from me. I sit about 3.2m away from it. But once that Xbox One X arrives I'll be placing the monster much closer again.

Alternatively, you could build a PC with a 1080Ti and keep the TV closer.

Jus sayin' =P

Ushay

That's a shame, it's a hell of a lot of TV for the same money.

I know someone who actually has that Panny in 58" size, and he loves it.

I think I will end up getting the Sony XE900 it appears to handle motion much better and has better uniformity overall. Long term, this just makes more sense.

I know someone who actually has that Panny in 58" size, and he loves it.

I think I will end up getting the Sony XE900 it appears to handle motion much better and has better uniformity overall. Long term, this just makes more sense.

It's a very good TV, Sony did well this year. The 902 is getting really difficult to find now anyway, since it's ridiculous price tag fire sale.

How can I do that? Has dejudder something to do with TruMotion?

Yes. Dejudder is found in the user options of Tru motion. These settings can make movies and shows look cheap as hell like a soap opera but with the right settings it can make them look nice and smooth without looking cheap.

Alternatively, you could build a PC with a 1080Ti and keep the TV closer.

Jus sayin' =P

Haha nah, console all the way for me man. :)

Plus even if I wanted it wouldn't be possible. After the B6 purchase I'm broke as a MF. Haha.

Kambing

It's a very good TV, Sony did well this year. The 902 is getting really difficult to find now anyway, since it's ridiculous price tag fire sale.

If the 902 was released in the states I would have definitely bought it... even with an OLED. Would like to witness the motion handling in person, must be a sight to behold!

If the 902 was released in the states I would have definitely bought it... even with an OLED. Would like to witness the motion handling in person, must be a sight to behold!

It's an amazing set, even without resorting to any frame insertion, you can massively reduce blur, which makes it perfect for HDR, as you'll not lose any luminance.

RedAssedApe

Banned
what's the best bang for buck 65incher out right now? was gonna wait on the TCL but that seems aways off.

have to keep my plasma on all the time now otherwise i have problems turning it back on from standby :(

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

ss_lemonade

Only two issues with it. First one is that to get HDR I needed to go into settings and switch it on for the relevant hdmi. You'd think it would be automatic. Second issue is banding/halo. Sometimes Colours are banded, particularly where there is a dark/light contrast. It's not acceptable to have this for the price point. My projector never had it so bit annoyed to see it on an led screen. Anyone know why it happens and how to fix it?

My ks9000 has this too, as did my old Bravia. I think the larger and brighter your TV gets, the more this becomes visible for 8bit content and there isn't really anything you can do about it unless your TV has a setting to reduce banding/gradations. Samsung TVs don't seem to have such an option. Some (or most?) Sony TVs like my Bravia do

D

Deleted member 601986

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks a lot both of you. I'll wait a bit longer before i buy a new tv. Maybe the c series will be any good, but who knows. I'll keep my eye out for any sales, but in my price range i don't think i'll find anything like the p607 here in europe.

ss_lemonade

Holy crap manufacturers need to get this stuff straightened out. I read this and even I felt anxiety in my chest having to do all that, and I didn't drop $4,000+ on the TV.

It is confusing. With my Samsung ks9000, PS4 limited - TV limited only works for non HDR content. With HDR, you have to make sure you are using Full - Full or else you end up with crushed blacks. This is from my experience with a regular PS4. To add to the confusion, it looks like this TV doesn't let you change black levels when dealing with HDR and a PS4 Pro (which seems to be the correct behavior since my bluray player does the same with HDR). So yeah, depending on some people's advice, what they have and what you have, their advice may not even apply to you lol.

Whoa, really??
I have no idea why Samsung thought it was a good idea to change names for different regions. I think Asia follows the EU model names

1. What is your current firmware?
2. What input have you set your display in (PC or not)?
3. What mode are you using?
4. What settings have are you using in HDR game mode?

1. 03.60.09
2. I've tried both. HDMI and PC. Both in HDR game mode become quite dim.
3. Standard with some tweaks looks best, game mode because I bought it mainly for gaming.
4. I've tried basically everything at this point. I turn all the extra dynamic stuff off, motion clear or whatever off.

I've tried the dynamic contrast in low, med and high, but couldn't get anything resembling "standard". It continues to look awful.

Thanks for the help though.

Kambing

1. 03.60.09
2. I've tried both. HDMI and PC. Both in HDR game mode become quite dim.
3. Standard with some tweaks looks best, game mode because I bought it mainly for gaming.
4. I've tried basically everything at this point. I turn all the extra dynamic stuff off, motion clear or whatever off.

I've tried the dynamic contrast in low, med and high, but couldn't get anything resembling "standard". It continues to look awful.

Thanks for the help though.

Okay, at least we are on the same firmware. May I ask what HDMI input number you are on? perhaps try a different HDMI input? Since you are on firmware 03.06.09, please only use HDR outside on PC input... hell put the input into game or entertainment...

Can you take a photo or video of how it is different? And what content are you using to gauge that it looks awful?

Okay, at least we are on the same firmware. May I ask what HDMI input number you are on? perhaps try a different HDMI input? Since you are on firmware 03.06.09, please only use HDR outside on PC input... hell put the input into game or entertainment...

Can you take a photo or video of how it is different? And what content are you using to gauge that it looks awful?

I've tried different HDMI inputs, and tried changing the input label to game, hdmi, pc - they all produce this picture issue in HDR game mode.

The content I've tried so far is the ps4 pro (wipeout, uncharted, horizon, last guardian, hell even the menus are dim) and the xbox S (forza horizon 3, and some uhd movies). I know it's in HDR game mode instantly because the tv darkens considerably. In Forza 3, for example, I need to turn the in-game brightness and hdr brightness to max, and even then the image is about half as bright as the non game HDR modes.

Kambing

I've tried different HDMI inputs, and tried changing the input label to game, hdmi, pc - they all produce this picture issue in HDR game mode.

The content I've tried so far is the ps4 pro (wipeout, uncharted, horizon, last guardian, hell even the menus are dim) and the xbox S (forza horizon 3, and some uhd movies). I know it's in HDR game mode instantly because the tv darkens considerably. In Forza 3, for example, I need to turn the in-game brightness and hdr brightness to max, and even then the image is about half as bright as the non game HDR modes.

Boy I am stumped... can you confirm that HDR game mode looks the same as HDR cinema user?

Seems like the only thing left is if you can take a video or picture to show the difference between all HDR modes vs HDR game... also a glimpse of your settings again would be good, who knows maybe you missed something?

Sorry you are having so much trouble man.

Top Bottom