• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tenchu 4 (Wii) screens , triology on the way

yankee666

Nice game, im allways love the series. I only hope that they dont fuck up the controles with the wii. Day one for me

Arde5643 said:
Uhh yeah, no - if Tenchu 4 bombs, it won't even get any HD facelift because it will cost them too much to even do that.

The Wii is pretty much the only console where Tenchu has any chance since it's not exactly a high-budget game and with how things are going with Tecmo, it's doubtful that they'll care about giving any more budget to Tenchu franchise.
Tenchu already had a HD facelift and sold (probably, numbers are vague) around 125k in its first month (June 2007). I could maybe see Konami pulling a Dynasty Warriors and just upscaling the game, terrible visuals and all, and doing a budget release on 360. But if that happens it'll also probably mean the end of Tenchu and I don't think a half-assed port is really what he had in mind with "HD facelift".

Arde5643

Of All Trades said:
Tenchu already had a HD facelift and sold (probably, numbers are vague) around 125k in its first month (June 2007). I could maybe see Konami pulling a Dynasty Warriors and just upscaling the game, terrible visuals and all, and doing a budget release on 360. But if that happens it'll also probably mean the end of Tenchu and I don't think a half-assed port is really what he had in mind with "HD facelift".
Are you talking about Tenchu Z in 360? But isn't that a new game? And didn't it kinda bomb?

Or is there another Tenchu for HD consoles that I'm not aware of?

Arde5643 said:
Are you talking about Tenchu Z in 360? But isn't that a new game? And didn't it kinda bomb?

Or is there another Tenchu for HD consoles that I'm not aware of?
Yes, Tenchu Z. It was a new game and I don't know if it bombed or not. I could make excuses like "met expectations" or "prior installements" or whatever it takes to pretend that it actually sold well, but the reality is that it probably eventually did around 150-200k in NA, with the majority of sales at full price. If you played the demo you'd know it certainly wasn't a big budget game, but I haven't a clue what would sales number is the "bomb cutoff".

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
Arde5643 said:
Uhh yeah, no - if Tenchu 4 bombs, it won't even get any HD facelift because it will cost them too much to even do that.

The Wii is pretty much the only console where Tenchu has any chance since it's not exactly a high-budget game and with how things are going with Tecmo, it's doubtful that they'll care about giving any more budget to Tenchu franchise.

Tecmo does not own the Tenchu franchase. From Software does, and they already made one HD installment called Tenchu Z. Microsoft published it here in the states.

Top Bottom