• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Trickster

Any other EU players than can confirm that the server aint working atm? Got booted from Essenia and now can't connect to any servers.

TGMIII

Any other EU players than can confirm that the server aint working atm? Got booted from Essenia and now can't connect to any servers.

Yeah seems like everything is down. Nothing on either their forums or twitter to let us know whats going on yet so I'll just assume the servers are down until launch.

Scum

I think the servers are down now, prepping for launch. I just hate it that there was no server announcement or anything. Would be nice to know.

syoaran

I think the servers are down now, prepping for launch. I just hate it that there was no server announcement or anything. Would be nice to know.

Yeah I got to admit, being just kicked straight to the desktop was a little jarring. Only online game I've ever played where the game does that.

Just finished up the academy section and I heard there is a 5 player dungeon there? o_O (level 36)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't think it's all that noticeable honestly.

Go to velika and look at some far away building against the backdrop of the sky, the SMAA makes it slightly smoother.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
is it possible to play the american version if ur in uk or do you have to buy the frogster version ?

TGMIII

is it possible to play the american version if ur in uk or do you have to buy the frogster version ?

You can buy the US version and play on their servers without issue but I don't know why you would unless you've got friends you want to play with on the US servers. There's no difference between the content and so far it seems like there's no delay between patches. Frogster aren't known for being the greatest company but so far everything has been fine, we'll see if that continues though.

Zeal

Banned
Anyone else getting bizarre lag on Dragonfall? This happens when you fight enemies, they can attack you, but you can't attack them! WTF!

Ryuuga

Banned
Nightmarish Retail Musings:

Wandered into EB/Gamestop after work to pick up my PCE preorder and I'm met with "Oooh..it seems we don't have any copies of that edition anymore" to which I found an opportunity to use the Seinfeld sketch about reservations. The clerk was nice enough to phone around and drive out to nearby locations to pick up any additional copies, but it just struck me as completely careless on their part.

They managed to burn through those copies fast though. Extreme word of mouth and rise in popularity or shipment order incompetency? You decide GAF.

Finally got my code...oh yeah and it came the rest of this junk as well.

2012-05-0118.49.49buuxa.jpg

I'm getting 500 errors when I try to login on the NA version.
I have this too. Pretty bummed since I had plenty of time to play today after work and was really looking forward to it. It's been a problem since the actual launch started.

May 1 has arrived and TERA has officially launched! While we're excited about this, we are aware that some players are encountering issues that are preventing them from starting their adventure in TERA. These issues include a "500 Server Error", an "expired" subscription error, and other issues regarding accounts. These are our top priorities and we have teams investigating the cause of each.

Please know that we are actively working to resolve them and will provide updates here on the TERA website as they happen. For quicker updates, feel free to visit us on our Twitter and Facebook pages.
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/update-on-account-issues

No ETA on a fix yet either :/

Gvaz

Banned
Some of you jerks come on VoT to Aurum Road and kill some lvl38 bams with me instead of being slackers.

in game name is same as forum name

ReconPeon

Does anyone have a buddy pass or whatever that I could have? I'm really trying to decide if I want this game, but I don't wanna drop the 50 or 60 bucks before I've even tried it.

Visceir

Made it to lvl 45 and just left the snow area, this game is seriously messing with my sleeping patterns D:

Got also really lucky with a lvl 44 weapon drop that gives 8% attack speed.

Gotta level more and faster!

Gvaz

Banned
Made it to lvl 45 and just left the snow area, this game is seriously messing with my sleeping patterns D:

Got also really lucky with a lvl 44 weapon drop that gives 8% attack speed.

Gotta level more and faster!
What server are you on and what class?

If you're on VoT and a berserker, just go to bed right now.

Squalltdx

I'm starting to really dislike this thread. I'm too weak and keep on peaking in. I'm itching to play again but I must resist and hold out longer.

I'd also love a buddy pass if anyone happens to have one floating around. I missed out on the beta and would love to try before committing $50 to buy the game.

Thanks!

NeOak

There are no buddy passes. Buy and join us in the best combat system in a MMO ever or wait forever until they announce a trial system :/

And no, this thing is not going f2p.

DrBo42

Man how are some of you guys getting the visuals to be that sharp? Are you forcing settings via your card and setting that lighting thing to 1? Can I not achieve that within the game settings?

Do i need to dedicate 100 hours a week to have fun in this game?

Nah from what I can tell you just need to hit the 30's to start fighting BAMs often.

Top Bottom