• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
does everyone here use the blur aa in the options or is there a force method outside of game ?

can u reduce pop in on the grass and other objects or is that just not possible

KePoW

Banned
does everyone here use the blur aa in the options or is there a force method outside of game ?

can u reduce pop in on the grass and other objects or is that just not possible

The in-game AA sucks ass (blurry like you said). Use SMAA Injector, works awesome and looks a lot better (on Nvidia, don't know about ATI).

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
does anyone know if its possible to increase draw distance i keep seeing pop in alot. i have AF forced in driver and i changed ini file to 16x

Ken

What can I do to get my extraction level caught up to the tier of drops I'm getting? I only just discovered extraction at level 20.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What can I do to get my extraction level caught up to the tier of drops I'm getting? I only just discovered extraction at level 20.
You buy extraction scrolls from vendors. You can buy them at any level, and they don't require skill ups, just the corresponding extraction and all the previous levels of it.

drkOne

Killed a 30ish Lancer near SM during GvG, he decided not to change channel and almost got killed again. Went into the safezone.

A few minutes later a Zerker lv45 comes up, I wasn't sure if I could beat him as lv40 Archer, so I just tried not to make any mistake.
Poison destroys while kiting, and with like 3 Radiants he was dead. He didn't touch me once.

I'm now 6-0 on GvG kills, having mad fun with them too.

To those afraid of PvP servers right now, don't be. There are 8 channels on pretty much all the areas.
Gankers will stick to channel 1 as that's the channel with the most people all the time.
Even during GvG it's still quite safe to be out in the open. It's hard to find someone once they change channel.
I haven't been ganked since release, and was only ganked once during headstart, playing on VoT.

The funniest part really is declaring on a Guild whenever you want, I still haven't seen a Guild forfeit against us and if it wasn't for GvG I wouldn't care about pimping my character, to be honest.

Ken

You buy extraction scrolls from vendors. You can buy them at any level, and they don't require skill ups, just the corresponding extraction and all the previous levels of it.

So I just buy a bunch and it will level up the skill?

Druz

Killed a 30ish Lancer near SM during GvG, he decided not to change channel and almost got killed again. Went into the safezone.

A few minutes later a Zerker lv45 comes up, I wasn't sure if I could beat him as lv40 Archer, so I just tried not to make any mistake.
Poison destroys while kiting, and with like 3 Radiants he was dead. He didn't touch me once.

I'm now 6-0 on GvG kills, having mad fun with them too.

Archer SEEMS Ideal for 1v1 pvp encounters, I don't see why they're so underrated

Haly

Right.

For example you want to extract a Tier 3 Robe for Cloth.

You need to buy the Tier 3 Cloth Extraction scroll, but before you can learn it you need to have also learned Tier 2 and Tier 1 Cloth Extraction.

Quests, quests ........ quests coming out of my ears :( My completionist streak :( ding ding ding DING

Oh, also last night there was a level 60 sorcerer in DragonFall that went back to SM to kill ovoliths in front of low levels. It was lol.

Torraz

Started the game today. Took around 10 hours to 20. Had an absolute blast. My one problem with my berserker is that I felt a bit useless during the two boss encounter I saw during my first instance run. They kept jumping across the room with the not being able to do much except for run after them and landing a charged hit now and then.

Suddenly NeoGAF feels alot less internationall. ._.

It could also be that international players are playing on the US server. For instance I am from the EU, but several friends have warned me against playing on Frogster (= EU) servers, I went with the US ones.

T.O.P

Banned
Got to Lv31 today, runned SM three times but didn't get any any "good" loop at all, now i'm in the exotic/rural area (can't remember the name) and is much more tough than before, gorgeous place btw <3

2San

Suddenly NeoGAF feels alot less internationall. ._.
I think the problem is that the guild formed way too late. If it had a beta presence it might have been different.
Got to Lv31 today, runned SM three times but didn't get any any "good" loop at all, now i'm in the exotic/rural area (can't remember the name) and is much more tough than before, gorgeous place btw <3
You get equal powered gear soon enough.

Keasar

It could also be that international players are playing on the US server. For instance I am from the EU, but several friends have warned me against playing on Frogster (= EU) servers, I went with the US ones.

You can choose to play on US servers?

TGMIII

I'd love to know what they warned you about.

You can only play on the servers for the version you bought.

Torraz

You need to buy from the US publisher, EnMasse, to do so.

You need to buy from the US publisher, EnMasse, to do so.

They mentioned some bad customer support in some of the frogster handled F2P games they were playing and were unsure if frogster would be prepared for a p2p title (which would demand better service).

drkOne

I'd love to know what they warned you about.

I'm from Europe and bought the US version after:

Playing the Closed Beta and seeing that lag was pretty much none.
I got the general idea that En Masse was probably a safer bet than Frogster as to giving players the best TERA experience.
Most of my friends were going to play US TERA anyway, and I got another friend to come with me.

I don't regret one bit going with US TERA, really loving the VoT server.

Torraz

I got the general idea that En Masse was probably a safer bet than Frogster as to giving players the best TERA experience.
Most of my friends were going to play US TERA anyway, and I got another friend to come with me.

Same here, except that I am on Dragonfall. Still considering making a char on the pvp server should I sub for more than a month.

TGMIII

That's a legit reason but it's not like En Masse haven't had their issues with their payment system and their servers crashing during the games launch, which to me are far more serious issues as opposed to the EU server crashes that happened during a BETA test.

I don't mean to seem so defensive here but I guess I'm just tired of seeing the same shit being said. LOL EU SERVERS DEAD, server stability (which there haven't been any since the beta crash), fear of frogster. I've played Frogsters previous games so I know first hand how shitty they can be but they really have seemed to stepped their game up for Tera. When I speak to EU players who decided to roll on the NA servers and they don't actually know why other than "someone told me so" it's pretty annoying. I know you guys are playing their because of friends and I'm not getting at you.

Hopefully this doesn't read as crazy as it seems in my head but I hope people can see where I'm coming from.

NeOak

So there is no trial for this game right?
Really can't jump on this unless I can test my latency.

Is there any news on if there will be some kind of public trial coming?

The servers IP is: 208.67.49.12. It's located in Chicago, IL.

I heard rumblings of 7 day "tell a friend" trials. These true? If so, DO WANT.
None yet.

Is there away to emote to someone in this...I often see Believe members and want to wave to them let's say but I can't seem to figure how....
No, you can't direct an emote to someone.

I wanna bite on this, but I feel like I don't want to spend more than $30 on the game just in case I don't enjoy it during the free month.
No trial yet.

The in-game AA sucks ass (blurry like you said). Use SMAA Injector, works awesome and looks a lot better (on Nvidia, don't know about ATI).
Works with ATi. Rocking 2x 6850s. Crossfire doesn't work though. Edit: Seems that the 12.4 CAP did something.

If you think that the current enjin site is lacking, I could set up something outside of it for us to use.
If you are willing to, I'd appreciate it.

I think the problem is that the guild formed way too late. If it had a beta presence it might have been different.
EUers asked about a guild but no one came forward to form one until kinda late in the Early Start, so most EU gaffers are scattered.

Keasar

Welp, it is too late for me anyway to change. It is starting to get a little annoying with all the "Everybody plays on the US servers" thing, I wanna play with NeoGAF too but I have friends here in Europe also.

Edit: Created a character on the EU GAF server and joining up with them, who knows, maybe some others will come around later?

Coolwhip

Banned
This game doesn't even try to hide it's made for horny teens and creepy anime dudes. I like it. Have a feeling my pc won't be able to handle it though.

TGMIII

Welp, it is too late for me anyway to change. It is starting to get a little annoying with all the "Everybody plays on the US servers" thing, I wanna play with NeoGAF too but I have friends here in Europe also.

Edit: Created a character on the EU GAF server and joining up with them, who knows, maybe some others will come around later?

It's not so much that "everyone" plays on the US servers because they don't. It's that some people are blatantly being lied to about some things and yet when I speak to them they have no idea why they are really playing on the US servers other than someone on the internet telling them to do it. A few people I play quake with rolled on US servers because "someone said the EU servers are dead and all have low population" which is bullshit obviously when they opened 2-3 new servers. I have no problem people playing with friends on US servers it's nothing like that.

Knuckleruckamus

Neo Member
Holy. Moly. Where did the last few days go?

Loving this. Even though the quests are a bit mind-numbing, the combat is so enjoyable that I don't really mind. Though... I'm finally starting to hit a significant number of party-required quests.

Unfortunately I'm not all that keen on dealing with LFG queues (playing a slayer). I've tried doing a few BAMs solo but not had much luck. Kumas and nagas whooped my butt but I was actually holding my own against the basilisks...... until my stamina dropped to dangerously low levels and I started moving slower.

Is there a way to keep stamina up throughout a battle? I wasn't fighting the basilisk for that long so I was a little bummed that my stamina seemed to drop so soon (and be so detrimental).

Holy. Moly. Where did the last few days go?

Loving this. Even though the quests are a bit mind-numbing, the combat is so enjoyable that I don't really mind. Though... I'm finally starting to hit a significant number of party-required quests.

Unfortunately I'm not all that keen on dealing with LFG queues (playing a slayer). I've tried doing a few BAMs solo but not had much luck. Kumas and nagas whooped my butt but I was actually holding my own against the basilisks...... until my stamina dropped to dangerously low levels and I started moving slower.

Is there a way to keep stamina up throughout a battle? I wasn't fighting the basilisk for that long so I was a little bummed that my stamina seemed to drop so soon (and be so detrimental).

If groups aint your thing, try duo-ing a BAM with either a healer or a tank. It's quite fun : )

2San

EUers asked about a guild but no one came forward to form one until kinda late in the Early Start, so most EU gaffers are scattered.
Yeah figured as much.
It's not so much that "everyone" plays on the US servers because they don't. It's that some people are blatantly being lied to about some things and yet when I speak to them they have no idea why they are really playing on the US servers other than someone on the internet telling them to do it. A few people I play quake with rolled on US servers because "someone said the EU servers are dead and all have low population" which is bullshit obviously when they opened 2-3 new servers. I have no problem people playing with friends on US servers it's nothing like that.
I was pretty skeptical as well, but up on till now, it's been pretty decent. Haven't regretted rolling on the EU servers(yet).
I'm already in a guild(played with the guild leader in Lineage 2), wish you guys luck though.

Yeah I may try out a duo, probably more my speed than a full group. Will I still run into stamina issues if I'm primary DPS though? Not sure if there's a way to mitigate stamina loss.

You will still need to camp and get your stamina back up, but i've found that, duo can take down more BAMs before camping. Also, at higher levels, duo with a (competent) mystic, the blue balls make a hell lot of difference in BAM hunting.

Knuckleruckamus

Neo Member
You will still need to camp and get your stamina back up, but i've found that, duo can take down more BAMs before camping. Also, at higher levels, duo with a (competent) mystic, the blue balls make a hell lot of difference in BAM hunting.

Thanks -- good to know about the mystic tip. I also might not be totally clear (love the game but finding myself pretty behind in actually being able to articulate issues/strategies): I'm actually running out of stamina during a single fight, meaning that I can't even take out one BAM :(

TGMIII

Thanks -- good to know about the mystic tip. I also might not be totally clear (love the game but finding myself pretty behind in actually being able to articulate issues/strategies): I'm actually running out of stamina during a single fight, meaning that I can't even take out one BAM :(

If you're starting at 120 stamina and you're somehow actually running down to 10 or so then you're taking waaaaaay too long to kill each BAM. How long are you fighting for, it must be 10-15+

You can put a campfire near by and any time you go from in-combat to out-of-combat during the fight, like say you need to run or stay out for a second, you'll regain a little bit of stamina. You can also buy pots from vendors that regain 40% of your stamina which you can use in-combat.

Knuckleruckamus

Neo Member
If you're starting at 120 stamina and you're somehow actually running down to 10 or so then you're taking waaaaaay too long to kill each BAM. How long are you fighting for, it must be 10-15+

Yeah it's something like that. Makes me wonder if I should be spending a lot more time with enchanting or should be looking into glyphs (haven't seen those come up yet though).

You can put a campfire near by and any time you go from in-combat to out-of-combat during the fight, like say you need to run or stay out for a second, you'll regain a little bit of stamina. You can also buy pots from vendors that regain 40% of your stamina which you can use in-combat.

Oh really? I hadn't seen those pots before. I may have to mix some of these strategies in :]

drkOne

That's a legit reason but it's not like En Masse haven't had their issues with their payment system and their servers crashing during the games launch, which to me are far more serious issues as opposed to the EU server crashes that happened during a BETA test.
As I said, I didn't really research on who would be the best company. I wasn't afraid that one would be better than the other. I did get the idea that En Masse would be the safest bet, but random people ranting on the internet without pointing out facts doesn't do much for me.

I also don't mind playing with people on american timezones, I'm used to late night gaming anyway.

Seeing Something Awful, 4chan and a lot of other communities would be rolling on VoT I started to consider playing there. Then a couple of US friends decided they were also playing and that's when I made my choice.

GvG has been pretty fun so far, we just won a war against the goons.

Luckily I still haven't had any problem with En Masse, but have a friend who wasn't able to login until today.

: O

..... during a single fight? That doesnt sound right? I only dropped to 109-110 after one BAM. We usually can take down 3 or 4 before we have to camp.

You need to kill your BAMs faster : )

jiien

I have a theory that the rate at which you lose stamina is a product of how much damage you take. I've noticed that when I screw around and don't ever dodge, I lose stamina like crazy. When I am on top of my game, or my tank does all the work, it drops at a much slower rate. That's my anecdotal evidence. Are you getting hit a lot?

Knuckleruckamus

Neo Member
I have a theory that the rate at which you lose stamina is a product of how much damage you take. I've noticed that when I screw around and don't ever dodge, I lose stamina like crazy. When I am on top of my game, or my tank does all the work, it drops at a much slower rate. That's my anecdotal evidence. Are you getting hit a lot?

Not a ton, but over the course of the battle I was definitely down to 40% health or so (maybe that is a lot ;)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I rufuse to hate on enmasse for the weird issue with the sign ups at the start. Get back to me when they have server side breaches of system data and hackers can spam servers with SYSTEM WIDE NOTICES JUST LIKE A GM to go to their sites. Not to mention people being able to log into OTHERS ACCOUNTS with the same log in info by just changing a certain thing.

lol Rift. I liked the game but after all the bullshit I had to put up with their lack of security no thanks. That is an actual fail. Even wow's servers being down for 2 days at a time in the early days doesnt compare to that shit

Haly

I thought Rift was fine except for the classes, which were pretty much WoW retreads.

I could've just played WoW for the same if not better game.

Top Bottom