• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Visceir

Finished my first lvl 60 instance, the garden thingy. Was very fun. That whole area is probably my favorite in Tera, feels so fresh and new compared to everything else. Only got a necklace on this run, I suppose it's still better than nothing :)

arimanius

Level 60 sorc guarding the bridge leaving Lumbertown. What do people do.

A. Stay in town?
B. Change to another channel?
C. Call in high level friends/guildies?
D. Rush the bridge since she can't kill us all?

Answer:
She killed them all

Just did an NT run. it was really challening since we had 1 warrior, slayer, lancer, and sorc. but we managed. we didn't finish the side quest or did the optional bam. but definitely will do that another day.

Rinoa

Saw some peeps with halos.

Anyone know where to mine for lvl 200-250?

as for music, I'm partial to Crescentia, it feels asian for some reason
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PplJSRblC8Y

can't get over how beautiful this game can be

471476_10150937771682652_508032651_12022004_710874081_o.jpg

412119_10150937781197652_508032651_12022015_453238987_o.jpg

I had a lot of fun tonight. Partnered up with a warrior in Valley of the Titans and did pretty much all the quests there together. Then we split ways and I ended up in the Oblivion Forest killing some Basilisks for quests.

I ended up in a party with an archer and two sorcerers so naturally I had to tank. I had a lot of fun tanking as a warrior. Lots of evading and applying the taunt and aggro slash move when necessary. We got everything done so I'm probably going to try and do Bastion of Lok tomorrow.

Hopefully I can get a group together for it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I had a lot of fun tonight. Partnered up with a warrior in Valley of the Titans and did pretty much all the quests there together. Then we split ways and I ended up in the Oblivion Forest killing some Basilisks for quests.

I ended up in a party with an archer and two sorcerers so naturally I had to tank. I had a lot of fun tanking as a warrior. Lots of evading and applying the taunt and aggro slash move when necessary. We got everything done so I'm probably going to try and do Bastion of Lok tomorrow.

Hopefully I can get a group together for it.

Wait till you get backstab and your bitchslap counter :p

Visceir

And I'm one of them! Really enjoying this game so far. Haven't really had a reason to party up for quests as of yet, but I'm looking forward to fighting some BAMs.

From my experience teaming up with someone is always faster than leveling solo. It was always nice to find someone in a new area and do the whole area together.

Got called into the other lvl 60 dungeon for the last two bosses. I'm not really sure which one is more difficult.

The boss of the first dungeon had this thing where at 30% health it would gradually start to dim the screen until it was completely black and you had to defeat it before that happened. The second boss was just really tough in the more simple way - loads of heavy hitting area attacks. Really enjoyed both fights and shows that they are part of a new update.

Got myself a pair of gloves from the last boss and a lvl 60 weapon, it's not enchantable but better than my previous one and has an attack speed bonus, satisfying results.

Ken

Got to 25 tonight. This game is so fun once I started getting more skills. Still a little disappointed by the way the leather armors look for the Ellin though, so far.

Vesper73

It's done. What server should I pick for GAF guild? Dragonfall?

Does it let you move over for PvP or something, or do you just make another character?

Playing on feral valley with my slayer ATM, but I will be moving to vot soon!

I seriously am surprised how good this game is. It came out of nowhere!

Now I'm gonna have to split my time between diablo 3 and this....and gladly! Never thought that would happen. /huge diablo fan

NeOak

Made the alt guild, Disbelieve.

Also, got a mumble server for the guild. Added it to the Community Thread OP.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have no way to give officers means to control the members. Only the GM can kick people from the guild.

Alt guild coming soon.

Haha there was questioning of where Serena has been last night. I chuckled. :3

I have at least one non-GAF buddy possibly looking for a guild. Also, I'm really surprised at how busy and active the guild is! Lots of fun chatter and good peoples!

Gala

Ah screw it. Just bought the game for 36 euro. What can possibly go wrong...

I hope the mystic is good in group play as well as in solo play. Now I only need to choose between PvP and PvE, Barak or Popori and wait for 9 hours to finish the download.

Wait till you get backstab and your bitchslap counter :p

I couldn't find a video for the counter but I did find one for the backstab.

Teleport behind the enemy and stun(plus what looks like aggro grab)? Yes please!

Also, we could always use people on Valley of Titan's server(to newcomers) if you don't mind PVP.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member

Teleport behind the enemy and stun(plus what looks like aggro grab)? Yes please!

Also, we could always use people on Valley of Titan's server(to newcomers) if you don't mind PVP.

im gonna be joining that server when i start later today waiting for the game to download at moment :p

Hixx

SM is a great instance. I thought SB was ok but the visuals and slightly less monotonous bosses in SM put it on a whole other level. I've seen some pics of the next instance and that looks completely different but even more beautiful. Got a nice sword too which was a pretty huge upgrade.

I know the questing is incredibly standard (and buggy - the story quests after finishing SM were completely jumbled and having to run back across a subzone 3 times was no fun) but everything else is so good.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Execute a counterattack that briefly stuns targets. *it also spins them facing the other way aka you bitch slap them*
After you take daamge. 30 sec cooldown, can be glylphed to cooldown instantly 30% chance

Dorfdad

Gold Member
im really interested in this game however i have some questions if you could answer gaf.

I love the idea of an MMO but find after level 15-20 it becomes nothing but a grind with stupid fetch quests. Does this have a story worth playing for?

Do you think the game will have enough content for someone to play and enjoy or will someone be able to max level in 2-3 weeks?

Can you Solo easily? or do you have to party?

Worth getting now or wait few months for things to get ironed out?

What is the defacto Server for GAF if I join.

NeOak

Are we telling those in guild chat to start moving their alts?

Yeah, but take it slow. The amount of members can't suddenly drop. We are being watched.

I'll kick Hazaro from the guild. We don't need quitters :mad:
j/k ;) come back! we need more Elins!

And i'm all foreveralone.gif on the mumble server :'(

im really interested in this game however i have some questions if you could answer gaf.

I love the idea of an MMO but find after level 15-20 it becomes nothing but a grind with stupid fetch quests. Does this have a story worth playing for?

Do you think the game will have enough content for someone to play and enjoy or will someone be able to max level in 2-3 weeks?

Can you Solo easily? or do you have to party?

Worth getting now or wait few months for things to get ironed out?

What is the defacto Server for GAF if I join.

1) The game actually opens up when you hit the 20s, so I'd say it's the reverse of what you'd usually find. If you're not enjoying the gameplay in the 20s and onwards then it's not for you

2) The story is trash

3) You could hit the level cap in a short amount of time but there is a lot to do, and the gameplay is so good you'll probably want to make alt characters

4) You can solo most things easily enough, you can solo BAMs if you have a lot of patience. You'll need to form a team in some cases, such as for instance dungeons. The real fun of the game is in taking down BAMs with other players!

5) I've not noticed many bugs at all, it's perfectly fine to jump in now

6) Believe PVP on VoT and PVE on Dragonfall
Dragonfall has a lot more members, but us on VoT (with about 50) are very friendly!

jiien

My character's name on VoT is Artea, anyone mind inviting me?

Applying the guild is the easiest way. Just go to the Social Menu, Guilds on Server, search for Believe and Apply. Someone will get you in when they're on. Just about everyone has the ability to invite new members.

Top Bottom