• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I remember in Lineage 2 Orc Shaman got buff every single patch, when I quit Shaman had access all unique buff that all other healer class (elf/human/dark elf) got while other healer class got nothing. The reason they keep buffing them is because nobody want to be an ugly orc in Korea, while other popular class got nerfed to shit.

Every light elf class was inferior to other counter part since they are so freaking popular.

Yup this is why warriors are going to become really stupid.

froliq

How's the EU guild going? Or are there many euros playing on NA?

I'm thinking of picking this up, since I did enjoy the beta afterall, but none of my friends will play it.

I remember in Lineage 2 Orc Shaman got buff every single patch, when I quit Shaman had access all unique buff that all other healer class (elf/human/dark elf) got while other healer class got nothing. The reason they keep buffing them is because nobody want to be an ugly orc in Korea, while other popular class got nerfed to shit.

Every light elf class was inferior to other counter part since they are so freaking popular.

Fortunately, this game isn't a soul-crushing grind so it's easy to abandon one class for another and progress it quickly.

Minion101

Banned
After watching the GB quick-look, I have to ask. Do the Elins reproduce like Asari (mind-meld)? Maybe they look towards other races to help mix up the DNA a little.

I guess I'm with Vinny and just view them as anime girls.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
After watching the GB quick-look, I have to ask. Do the Elins reproduce like Asari (mind-meld)? Maybe they look towards other races to help mix up the DNA a little.

I guess I'm with Vinny and just view them as anime girls.

they are balls of energy that put together a body to have a physical form. Or some shit like that. Or you could just call them fairies. What the heck makes you think they look towards other races to mix dna o_O

I really wish the Pegasus (Pegasi?) wouldn't fuck around and just fly to the portals.

Honestly it's a little emblematic for my whole experience so far. I really like the combat, but everything else feels like the same old MMO grind. Boring quests, mind-numbing travel, etc. I want to love MMOs again, but doing 1-11 in Tera just felt the exact same as every other MMO I've tried to pick up over the last 5 years. Dull as a fuckin' doornail, really. The combat is so cool, too.

Ryuuga

Banned
Hm is there any reason why instance matcher denies a request? I queue up and get invited but each time I accept the prompt it says it cancelled the request.

Keasar

How's the EU guild going? Or are there many euros playing on NA?

I'm thinking of picking this up, since I did enjoy the beta afterall, but none of my friends will play it.

Seems like sadly the EU part of GAF is scattered all over the place. Only 2 in the EU Guild on Essenia and I didnt seem to get an answer on my application. :(

Created a char on VoT yesterday. A dumbass was running around on the prologue beach trying to attack other players in futility and I was challenged to a duel the moment my pegasus disappeared on the platform when I arrived on the island of dawn. This is definitely going to be a different experience than Dragonfall lol.

Klyka

Banned
What is the meter on your Sorcerer below you when you use certain skills...? I'm level 26 and haven't seen that yet...UI option?

the meter? you mean the bar that fills and changes colors? It's the charge bar for my charge skills.

NeOak

https://twitter.com/#!/CatalystCreator/status/198506173241106433 said:
Note - TERA will not have a CF profile - the developer was not willing to modify the application to make it CF compatible

:( I'll need to pick something better than a 6850 then D:

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ignore instances unless doing a story quest. Get to 60 ASAP!

But instance runs are so much fun! :3

Also, I don't want to hit 60 and not have run every instance at least once.

Oh, speaking of story quests, I still have one from SM I need to go back and do. I imagine a 41 Lancer should be able to solo that by now, haha. That will be on my list of things to do after work!

froliq

Seems like sadly the EU part of GAF is scattered all over the place. Only 2 in the EU Guild on Essenia and I didnt seem to get an answer on my application. :(

Boo :( GW2 beta weekend all over again. Guess I'll roll on NA, played the beta on NA aswell and seemed fine. Sorry euro pals!

Really liking my Aman slayer. Thought I'ld finally post a pic. Amani power!
yi3P2.jpg

Nice to see that Feral Valley is already at medium capacity. Transfers are open across all PVP servers now, so those looking to get into Valley of Titans should move now while you can.

Aphexian

Any Lancers out there with tips for leveling? I'm lvl 19 and I've been passed by everyone in my guild. Is there a fast way to level or crystals I should get to help speed things up? I want to get to 20 so I can start grinding dungeons which I am hoping will let me catch back up.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Any Lancers out there with tips for leveling? I'm lvl 19 and I've been passed by everyone in my guild. Is there a fast way to level or crystals I should get to help speed things up? I want to get to 20 so I can start grinding dungeons which I am hoping will let me catch back up.

As a Lancer in particular, you really need a leveling group. Even if it's just one other person, having someone to help you grind through quests will make your life SO much more bearable. Since about 38 or so, things have gotten more soloable, but it's still SO much faster with a group.

The thing about Lancer is that you have great survivability, but shitty DPS. As a result, you can take on a few mobs at once, but they'll overwhelm you over time. I quested in Eldritch Academy with another Lancer. We duo'd every quest in there in around two hours (give or take). It was FANTASTIC. Solo, I would never have been able to do it. But with a partner, it takes some of the heat off of you and, at a minimum, doubles your damage output.

The best option is to find someone around your level to pound through quests with. :)

I got to 35 on my Lancer in a couple of days (as opposed to the long time it took on my Sorc for 34) and this is what I did; when I had to kill multiple mobs, I gathered up 5-6 mobs and killed them all at once, you will learn the right rotations over time and it'll be a breeze. I have not missed one quest yet (as opposed to my Sorc) because most BAMs I can solo and if not, it's easy to add some DPS and we take them out.

Lancer is actually great for questing, and the higher you get the easier it is. Make sure you get the reduced cooldown glyph for Second Wind (self heal), and it's also helpful is dungeons.

T.O.P

Banned
Guys any guide for Mining stuff? 50 hours in and have yet to mine something (outside quests) '-_-

But i want that halo so bad *_*

Top Bottom