• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Rinoa

Loaded up TERA official forums to see if there were posts related to account errors because a few people I know are having them and I see this:

"The Ladies of Tera Check-in "
"Amani armor... even more riske? "
"Archers should be deleted from the game"

and

"Tight Butthole now recruiting!"

Also, at level 40something there's a new instance.. is that related to a quest/story? Should I get the quests related to it before heading in?

Slacker

Loaded up TERA official forums to see if there were posts related to account errors because a few people I know are having them and I see this...

Also, at level 40something there's a new instance.. is that related to a quest/story? Should I get the quests related to it before heading in?

Like most official MMO forums, EME's forums are a cavalcade of idiots. I read here and Reddit for all my TERA info.

Regarding the instance, I try to get the quests first but knowing that I'll run the instance at least a few times with that character, I know I'll have the quests before at least one of the runs to get the turn-in credit.

I had that same question yesterday in general chat and no one would answer me. I finally found the answer around an hour ago. --> https://tera-support.enmasse.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/300/~/what-is-rested-xp%3F

Enmasse said:
How much rested XP can I accumulate?

You can earn up to 10% of a level in rested XP. This XP will only diminish as you kill monsters, so turning in a quest will not get a boost in XP and will also not reduce your bonus XP left. Keep in mind that for characters level 16 and under can accumulate more than a character above level 16.

Hm that's not a whole lot. Oh well.

I've been trying to figure this out too. When you look at the character select screen, you see a number between 0 and 100% rest for each character. I assume that means whatever the max rest cred you can accumulate, you've earned whatever percent available. Makes sense, but how much is available?

When I log in to the game. The blue part of my XP bar is definitely more than 10% of a level. And if I'm not mistaken I get double XP the whole way progressing through that part of the bar. Seems like a good bit more than 10% of a level is rewarded. Anyone figure this out?

Tess3ract

Banned
It's 10% of the total xp it takes to level. So 10 million xp out of 100 million xp for example.

It's lame because I wish you'd be able to save up 125% of a level like in WoW.

Slacker

It's 10% of the total xp it takes to level. So 10 million xp out of 100 million xp for example.

It's lame because I wish you'd be able to save up 125% of a level like in WoW.

If that were the case wouldn't the blue part of the bar where we get double XP be 1/10th of the bar? I think we're either getting more than 10% or the math is funny somewhere.

jiien

If that were the case wouldn't the blue part of the bar where we get double XP be 1/10th of the bar? I think we're either getting more than 10% or the math is funny somewhere.

I agree; I've seen way more than a tenth of a bar on my characters before.

Wallach

I agree; I've seen way more than a tenth of a bar on my characters before.

I went back and looked at my characters' EXP bars more closely.

On my 32 Berserker, I can currently accumulate up to 627k rested bonus, which is precisely 50% of the total experience needed to go from 32 to 33. On my 38 Priest however, I can only accumulate like 1.2m or so, which is like 35% of the total experience it takes to go from 38 to 39. I have no idea how the maximum rested bonus is determined though.

Iztli

is it allowed/safe to to modify settings thru nvidia control panel?

like enable FXAA, transparency, etc

noobish question i know :(

KePoW

Banned
Not sure what happened, but it seems like there's a lot less available Channels in all the areas now.

Dunno if it's a bug, but it kinda sucks. Especially on PVP servers.

T.O.P

Banned
Got to lvl35 and soloed this byatch today, felt sooo good <3

iMzhIc4U2I5OO.bmp

And got a new weapon from the Broker, nice buff from my previous one 378>530 dps keke

Also the Potato Guild won the war against Darkness, proud potato here

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Not sure what happened, but it seems like there's a lot less available Channels in all the areas now.

It's done that way because the population is more spread out now, it's a good thing for pvp servers

is it allowed/safe to to modify settings thru nvidia control panel?

like enable FXAA, transparency, etc

noobish question i know :(

Modifying or forcing settings through the nVidia or ATI/AMD control panel is fine. SMAA and FXAA injectors are against the TOS because they modify the TERA executable.

KePoW

Banned
My mistake! Why doesn't En Masse allow this then? Does it modify the game's direct x files?

It's not that En Masse doesn't "allow" it, they just don't want to publically support it. Plenty of people use SMAA Injector, no one is going to get banned over it.

It does not modify the game's DX files, however it does add its own DX files that get used by the game.

Ricker

From the patch notes:

Adjustments

Reduced the minimum number of channels on the Island of Dawn to five. That's at least five chances to find and kill Vekas!
Reduced the minimum number of channels in areas surrounding Velika and Allemantheia from eight to four.
Note: TERA adds channels automatically based on player population, so the number of active channels will often be above the minimum.

2San

Bullshit. Fuck 'em. I don't remember doing that with WoW, but to hell with it. Diablo 3 in 7 days.
In Tera Europe, you don't have to add it either. I think it's programming error on En Masse part TBH, since the game uses time cards and all. Frogster seems decent compared to En Masse considering all the debacles.

It's not that En Masse doesn't "allow" it, they just don't want to publically support it. Plenty of people use SMAA Injector, no one is going to get banned over it.

It does not modify the game's DX files, however it does add its own DX files that get used by the game.

Thanks for the explanation. I wasn't sure how the injectors worked as I have never used them on any game before and there are often warnings against using them in VAC or other anti-cheat enabled games.

Izayoi

Banned
Serpentis Isle is just fine. It's funny watching people from other servers all drop offline simultaneously in an instance.

Scum

Awwww yeah! Level 40! \o/

TERA_ScreenShot_20120509_024345.png

I usually slack with my chars in MMOs and take too damn long to lvl up. But I'm having some serious fun in TERA is unbelievable! Can't believe I'm actually at lvl 40! :D

Nirran

Yep they posted it would be down for 10mins to fix dungeon finder. Sucks as I just got home from work to see that message lol.

Top Bottom