• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terrace House Aloha State on Netflix |OT| Sea, no Sex, and Sun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

IMPORTANT EDIT : it seems that the show is only available in Japan at the moment.

EDIT 2 :

Edit: Support is now saying it will be after January for the first international block of episodes. Someone did make a good point: will they be watching the show on the show? Not only won't they be able to see new episodes, but neither will people around them.
https://www.reddit.com/r/terracehou...leasing_worldwide_by/?st=IUZVWWEI&sh=72204441

After the success of Terrace House Boys and Girls in the City, Netflix and Fuji Television bring us the 10th season of this reality show! This time we leave Japan, as the new series takes place in Hawaii!
Will we get to witness a new "meat accident"? Will we get a 18 years old girl flirting with a 30 years old aspiring chef? Will our beloved Arman come back to live in a dope house rent free? Find out, in Terrace House Aloha State! Starting November 1st!
yRQNm2H.jpg
The beautiful island of Oahu is host to a new batch of six strangers who share a single roof, multiple conflicts and no script in this reality series.

Where and when to watch?
Every Tuesday on Netflix, starting November 1st!

Do I need to be familiar with previous seasons of Terrace House?
No, but the panel sometimes reference past events that avid viewers know.

Our starting members!

sphagnum

Banned
Seems like a pretty large amount of mixed race or not strictly 100% culturally Japanese people.

Arman better make an appearance!

sphagnum

Banned
Are there any trailer links that work for people not in Japan?

What is this show?

A bunch of people live in a house together and there's some drama now and then but it's mostly subdued and not crazy like Westerners living in a house with drama would be. But mostly they just go to work or go on dates or eat food.

A Japanese reality show. What makes it different from its Western counterparts is that it's very tame, and the people in it actually act like human beings.

It's basically an infinitely more entertaining version of real world because it's not reliant on fucking and drama to be fun.

joebruin

No Arman no watch

Wish they'd put this out in other regions the same time as Japan

Also I'm confused...why is that girl's name Frank. Is he/she Trans?

Zekes!

Slowly making my way through Boys and Girls in the City with the girlfriend

I will never say no to more Terrace House

sphagnum

Banned
I found some more (badly translated) information on the TV Tokyo site. I'll just quote it in full:

We deliver, and new series "TERRACE HOUSE ALOHA STATE" of "reality show" that recorded youth design of six men and women living together in share house "terrace house" is started at 0:00 in FOD (on-demand Fuji TV) and Netflix on the middle of the night of November 1. House of Hawaii Oahu which became stage and the total picture of new member who came over there became clear.

[photograph] Detailed cut of new house & resident

As for six people in total, environment and nationality which grew up so far are scattered, but three men and women are common, and they can talk in Japanese. There is experience resident in Shanghai, Japan, LA, and Evian ku (23) has father from Taiwan and mother from Hong Kong apparel salesclerk from Hawaii. Frank, Naomi, rorein (23) from rice, Washington was exotic feature, but we moved in Fukuoka from 7 years old, and model was active based in Japan. Lauren rhinoceros (18) from rice, Massachusetts spent 11 years from 7 years old in Hawaii and we started model activity this year in Tokyo, but we had a break before university entrance into a school of higher grade for one year and came back to pass through again this ground.

In Eric de mendonsa (27) of male member, American, father are Portugal and Japanese people of mixed parentage mother. We enter the breeding, university of San Francisco in Japan from Japan and work as cabinet-maker after employment now in Hawaii. ayu**kai (18) going to high school in Hawaii is raised in Japan from Japan, but, as for father, Japanese-American, mother are Chinese. ***kana (18) where we applied for after the breeding, studying in LA in Japan from Japan is father, American, mother, Japanese…We have background that totally varied in tosorezorega.

Member struggles for work as well as love design and talks about the future and aim and…It is one of the highlight that figure of life-sized youth is projected. ayu* aims at the world while being already active as ukurereatesuto in the name of "EDEN KAI", and Shibusawa dreams of Hollywood star attracted by Paul Walker. In fact, Lauren of model is painter, illustrator choice. They accomplish what kind of growth triggered by program participation and are attention whether you change.

In addition, luxurious house of Oahu where member will live in is released. It is six chairs on table of extensive kitchen and dining space based on white that bright sunlight of Hawaii comes in. And member prepares meals here or is "family meeting" that became classic held?…? From small space and porch where sofa was put by window, the blue sea and sky, town in Hawaii can overlook opening superb view.

Boy whom there are girl room and boy room with bed downstairs, and white corresponds to refreshingly if girl is sky-blue is calm atmosphere of woodenness country-like in bed. When there are living and playroom with big sofa in the truth of two rooms, and go out of porch; big pool where is familiar from Tokyo edition ("TERRACE HOUSE BOYS & GIRLS IN THE CITY"). Hammock or sofa are established, and resort feeling seems to become romantic space at full loading, dusk and night.

From conventional season when we did on the stage of Japan, it is international "Hawaii" that we really powered up of feeling and inhabitants edition more non-every day. Is story without what kind of script waiting? It is place to be worried about reaction of studio member and fan.

[the new member profile details]

●ayu**kai (Aizawa Yusuke /18)
Ukulele artist
The date of birth: September 24, 1998
Hometown: Hachioji-shi, Tokyo
Hobby: Music, sightseeing, reading, movie viewing
Favorite food: Ramen
Hateful food: Celery
Type of the favorite opposite sex: Brightly person with confidence,
Person who leads person, conversation that can get absorbed in favorite thing or dream
Type of the hateful opposite sex: Person backbiting ex-boyfriend, friend,
Person who does not show interest in hobby of partner at all, particular person, person who is easy to be nervous
<enthusiasm>
We do only basic thing that we want to do. So some this is interesting whether it is interesting, or it is not interesting. We receive influence in meaning that is even slightly good for toka, one's life, and kerurarerunodeareba is honored. I'll do my best!

&#9679;***kana (Yu Shibusawa-ya /18)
Actor choice
The date of birth: January 20, 1998
Hometown: Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa
Favorite food: Meat (steak)
Hateful food: Coriander
Favorite type: Person who is pretty, and has oneself
Hateful type: Person with the right side and the wrong side
<enthusiasm>
Though short, coming is not fixed for a long time here either, we do what oneself wants to do while we stay and think that we should come to bring one step close to dream.

&#9679;ERIC DE MENDONCA (Eric de mendonsa /27)
Cabinet-maker
The date of birth: August 11, 1989
Hometown: Nishimiyaichi, Hyogo
Hobby: Surfing, barbecue, boxing, rock-climbing,
Listen to snorkeling, camping, music
<enthusiasm>
We grow up as such before we graduate from terrace house and want to graduate by oneself strange a little!

&#9679;LAUREN TSAI (Lauren rhinoceros /18)
Painter choice, model
The date of birth: February 11, 1998
Hometown: United States of America, Massachusetts
Hobby: Describing painting, it is taken a walk
Favorite food: As for serial number, the fruit anything
Hateful food: Avocado
Type of the favorite opposite sex: Advertising production, person calming down, person whom we can respect
Type of the hateful opposite sex: Childish person
<enthusiasm>
We try that we get along well with everybody hard hard while trying my dream hard in terrace house. And we try so hard that we can speak Japanese more!&#12288;Thank you in advance.

&#9679;EVIAN KU (Evian ku /26)
Shop staff
The date of birth: September 4, 1990
Hometown: United States of America, Hawaii
Hobby: Active lifestyle, yoga, tennis, surfing, hiking
Favorite food: Pickled plum, sushi
Hateful food: Oyster
Type of the favorite opposite sex: Old-fashioned person excels in all sports
Type of the hateful opposite sex: Selfishness, person without manner
<enthusiasm>
As it is the first terrace house in Hawaii, we want everybody to know good point of Hawaii and as Hawaii-born, we see culture and terrace house of aloha to from now on and are only figure and others. We think of to.

&#9679;FRANK NAOMI LORRAINE (Frank, Naomi, rorein /23)
The date of birth: January 9, 1993
Hometown: United States of America Washington
Hobby: Movie viewing, watching basketball
Favorite food: Sushi, pork cutlet
Hateful food: Curry is hot
Favorite type: Moth Thai gayokute, person who is gentle though we are manly
Hateful type: Person without courtesy, dirty person, person who smokes

<enthusiasm>
It is the stage this Hawaii, and probably probably the inside thinks like Japanese visually though there may not be as we think that it is Japanese most when we study and learn English properly and want to return to Japan.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp.e.ck.hp.transer.com/e_news/entertainment/entry/64741.html

The first episode is already out (in Japan at least) and iirc it's supposed to be weekly releases again here.

Hm... If there's only 1 episode out in Japan, and they're releasing it worldwide later today, then I guess it will be weekly worldwide as well? That's good.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Wait her name cannot be frank. That's probably her last name IE Naomi Lorraine Frank

Izuna

Banned
I need to finish the previous season... i watched it a bunch when I was last in tokyo -- it took too long to come over here

hawaii is going to have more men with game i guess

--

and guys, the ones before netflix stepped in are in netflix japan, but it has no subtitles. It was also EXTREMELY long so -- plus, if you watched boys and girls in the city, you were probably spoilt on a couple of dude's fates

Is Trindl gunna commentate this one or nah?

Septic360

Banned
I need to finish the previous season... i watched it a bunch when I was last in tokyo -- it took too long to come over here

hawaii is going to have more men with game i guess

--

and guys, the ones before netflix stepped in are in netflix japan, but it has no subtitles. It was also EXTREMELY long so -- plus, if you watched boys and girls in the city, you were probably spoilt on a couple of dude's fates

Is Trindl gunna commentate this one or nah?

How was that old pre Netflix series? Any good?

Izuna

Banned
How was that old pre Netflix series? Any good?

a little different. more activity based. i haven't watched the full thing but my bff has and she went from hating the show to enjoying it

there's no "Arman" to switch stuff up and you have to have a feel for Japanese custom more

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Watched the first episode with Aloha State earlier and it's feels a bit weird after the previous series.

Since most of the people aren't Japanese, I wonder if it'll lead to more heated arguments/faster relationships.

So far Lauren is my favorite, although she's no Yuriko :(

hyp

thanks for the heads up op. looking forward to checking this out since i live on oahu. always been curious what the experience is like from a japanese perspective. we get a lot of japanese tourists out here but they seem so disconnected. will be cool to see how they handle living in hawaii and how they feel about the different cultures.

maxcriden

Yes, and 1.

Thank you. So all of the people in the house must be fluent in Japanese, then. So even if they bring in non-Japanese house members they'll still surely need to speak Japanese. But I imagine a good chunk of what thet experience out in the world will be in English this time.

Are some of the housemates people who live in Hawaii already and some people who moved to Hawaii from Japan to be on the show?

Interesting it's going weekly worldwide now!

Still same panelists?

Cross-post from the other thread.

Finished it over the weekend. Prosecutor Byrnes has the same hair as Edgeworth.

So, is anyone going to make an OT for Aloha State? I hope Arman at least gets to make some cameos.

And watching the previews with the new people speaking English is weird.

Looking back one of the most funny character transformations was the one from Uchi.

First

"I will try all of you, until I find someone to bang"

Then

"Let me cry, you ate my meat, wae wae"
Real talk, I'd be damn pissed if I had that much Hida-gyu and didn't get to eat any of it. That stuff isn't cheap!

I saw the Boys & Girls in the City finale this morning. I can't wait for Aloha State.

Is it true that Arman is working for Terrace House behind the scenes? I read that on reddit.

I've also read that Arman and Martha are still together.

I really love Terrace House. Still finishing up the last few episodes right now of the most recent season. Definitely looking forward to Aloha State!

Does anybody know if the old seasons (Terrace House: Boys and Girls Next Door) are available anywhere with English subtitles? It doesn't seem like Netflix has it. I'd love if they brought it over at some point.

Izuna

Banned
Yeah I'm gunna catch up, and watch this with my bff so she can explain stuff to me again. Hawaii is interesting though

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Is it true that Arman is working for Terrace House behind the scenes? I read that on reddit.

no, he works in "film production" unrelatedly.

Does anybody know if the old seasons (Terrace House: Boys and Girls Next Door) are available anywhere with English subtitles?

I really don't think so. regardless, it was too long ago, and the only overseas fans were AKB nerds because one of the members was on it in the beginning. (It was also almost 100 episodes so tackling it now would take forever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom